Daily reminder that you are on a japanese based site

Daily reminder that you are on a japanese based site.
If you never read japanese literature you souldn't be here.

Attached: 6473727848581u58killyourselvespigs374748pq0e9ei.jpg (640x958, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eZgUhN_sF6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

はい、今日本語を勉強している

I've never read anything in my life and I don't plan on starting any time soon.

Good luck, user!

日本語で本を読むのは面倒くさいんだけど。一つ置きの文は知らない単語がある。

Look it up, then.

I live in Japan and japanese literature (excluding Edogawa Ranpo) is cringe as fuck. Fuck off weeb, this is a zionist forum.

>I live in Japan
You're the real weeb here

No because I hate japanese things, I'm just here for the money and safety.

When Japan develops a better culture than any Western European country without copying them then I might consider to read something from them

youtu.be/eZgUhN_sF6E

cool picture, post more

I like "All You Need is Kill" by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

But it is a translation because I am only a two language pleb (ENG/FR).

Attached: 220px-All_You_Need_Is_Kill.jpg (220x315, 32K)

this guy is from the same country as me, he based.

I do read some Japanese literature.
What I like about it especially, is how they can convey the beauty of nature in such a good way.
It might have to do with their religion of shintoism and zen buddhism.
Mishima and Soseki are excellent at this.

I've learned several hundred kanji but my grammatical ability still consists solely of basic declarative and interrogative sentences. I don't know how to progress because most textbooks don't cover grammar in a sensible way, instead opting for "use X construction to express the equivalent of english Y".

have bugmen ever written anything worthwile?

I have Japanese homework I need to do tomorrow...it’s a fun language to learn until you start hitting all the grammar rules.

Straight up, this is what my French professor said

"Don't think learning a language is like learning history or anything else, you have to start from the basics, learn to speak as a newborn would. You can converse with a 10 year old but that same 10 year old would never be able to write you an essay or read a great novel. While you can learn faster than them, you have to approach it the same way. True learning of language is about changing the way you perceive the world around you. In English you often greet people with 'hello' but in French we say 'bonjour.' Bonjour is not hello, it is a French greeting and hello is not bonjour, it is an English greeting. If you want to truly learn a language you must learn the words and their meanings, not seek to translate between the two."

Attached: 1567833167982.jpg (1024x1024, 236K)

Oh, so you're worse than a weeb.

They already have.

isn't japan's work culture notoriously bad? why not go to somewhere like switzerland?

Rec me some poetry books, anons. We hardly ever talk about poetry in this board

Attached: tumblr_n4tfkkldle1sjwjofo1_500.gif (500x607, 262K)

I've read translating it into english (or whatever is your native language) is a terrible idea, as said. I haven't read it all yet, but Tae Kim's guide to jap. grammar doesn't translate other than literally; theres no equivalent expressions between english and japanese, but it fully dives into japanese through examples

I'd love to learn Japanese eventually so I can read Japanese lit in it's original form, too bad I'm a lazy retard.

reading keigo higashino lol

lol

enroll in a japanese course, user.

That shit's absolutely gay and bluepilled. Then again, this is the board where any philosophical question is usually answered with "starting with the Greeks" or some long-ass reading list instead of directly approaching the matter at hand.
It should only take about 50 hours of study (using the kanjidamage deck for anki + reading some kind of grammar guide) + 100 hours of reading easy stuff like visual novels and light novels to get to the point where you where you can start reading Dazai, Mishima, or Natsume.

Chink literature is shit, it's impossible to have good literature from writers whose language doesn't use the latin alphabet.

It is not, fucktard. By enrolling in a course you're likely to interact as a native speaker, and get instant feedback when you're getting something wrong.

It's also because Japan was very much nfluenced by German romanticism. But yes, nature always played a huge role in Japanese aesthetics.

>greek and russian literature is bad

Do you believe that a native speaker of a language would be able to understand the kind of issues or troubles a non-native speaker of that language could have with interpreting and becoming used to specific grammar patterns, word order, phrases, equivocal word usages, etc. ?
Would a class that takes place for about 2-4hrs a week be anywhere near enough to lift someone from knowing absolutely nothing to being able to have an ability to interpret literary works within a reasonable amount of time?

Does manga count?

You are reading this, faggot

漫画は読み物ではない

I minored in Japanese undergrad and studied for a semester there. I'm slowly making my way through some Murakami that I've already read in English and it is slow going. By my estimation you would have to be extraordinarily good at language acquisition (or native Chinese) to be able to read serious Japanese literature in less than 500 hours of study. idk maybe im just retarded

You will be able to read Mishima within a year, although slowly and having to look up kanji, if you take classes now and start studying intensively.

>50 hours
bitch that's like a kanji every two minutes, what are you on about.

That's interesting, I love both.

t. Ameritard