For the past 8 years i've been dreaming about my first love...

for the past 8 years i've been dreaming about my first love. last night's dream was the most bewildering experience i've had for a long time. I was telling her, within the dream, that i had been dreaming about her for years and she told me she did too. i was literally feeling her presence and her body and then her kisses. While all of this was happening i started to think i was inside a dream. But then the feelings came back and i told myself: this can't be a dream, i can literally FEEL everything i'm experiencing, and i believed it.

Is this a brain malfunction? how is this to be interpreted? why her visions keep haunting me like it all happened yesterday while it's been 8 fucking years?
Books to understand or explain this?

Attached: archilochus-cave-paros.jpg (960x637, 148K)

samething happens to me, I interpret as i miss the idea of her, not her herself, i.e have sex.

but why is it always about HER? it feels like she was the one, and i feel guilty for letting her go. no other girls comes back to my mind.

carl jung on dreaming

How many girlfriends have you had since? Did you love any of them? Maybe this girl was just the one you were most intimate with, the one to whom you were most comfortable divulging the deepest parts of yourself.

>Did you love any of them?
no, i feel like i can never love anymore, all experiences i had seem to pale when compared to the one i had with her.

>Maybe this girl was just the one you were most intimate with, the one to whom you were most comfortable divulging the deepest parts of yourself.
I think you're right. She was a person with whom i really clicked with, similar humour, a feeling of sudden reciprocal understanding, many fun times.. omg it hurts. it's been years and i never managed to find as comfortable and good around a girl ever since

Also the problem is every time I think I moved on I have these super intense dreams reminding me of her, I wake up and feel like my life now is shit compared to those times.

Same thing happens to me

I still dream about my first long term girlfriend sometimes. We dated for 2 years and then were painfully on and off for a bit before she began dating a close friend of mine. Since then I’ve dated maybe 12 women or so, but she’s the only one I still dream about. I recently dreamed that we secretly met up at a log cabin near our hometown, and I was so happy to see her again. It felt like things were finally back to “normal” like they should be.

When I wake up I am depressed all day. I’m sure I rarely cross her mind and if I do it’s with a smirk or scoff at our relationship. I wouldn’t even want to date her again if I had the opportunity, I just miss that period of my life and miss how close we were even if we were younger and more naive/immature.

Probably normal for a lot of people I’m sure

Attached: B6311C84-6D32-48A0-BA06-BF0B3B18E03E.png (600x600, 585K)

It's okay, Kylo. Rey felt it too.

t. dumb ass

I’ve had the same happen to me, but I have never met her. She’s made me laugh, cry tears of joy, and whenever I dream of her touching me, I feel electricity shooting up and down my entire body. The worst part is that I’ve been thinking of her ever since I was 13, and I havent thought of anyone else the same way I think of her. I’m probably going to be a hopeless virgin for my entire life

Attached: 987C8DCC-9B31-4044-A562-BC3F1BEC800D.png (336x390, 313K)

I think she's become the representation of your anima. Jung was kind of a kooky mystic, but he did have some really interesting ideas about personality. This girl obviously imprinted her essence upon your unconscious. As terrible as it sounds, it might help you to remember all the things you didn't like about her. After eight years you're not remembering a person -- you're remembering an ideal. It can be hard, with prolonged time away from people, to think of them as concrete flesh-and-blood instead of the phantasms of Form they become in your mind. This isn't a perfect girl you're imagining, it's The Perfect Girl.

Thank you for this post. After looking up this idea i feel like it totally describes my experience. Now i need to understand what should i do about it... if there's anything that can be done.

I had recently met back up with my 'anima', after a couple of years. Now a reoccurring dream character since we were 14 dating. In my dreams a beauty, in reality just like everybody else, big dumb pot head, still hot tho. I cried on the journey back from meeting her, tears of pity.

>.. omg it hurts

Attached: 1565946087973.png (782x758, 127K)

Thats so sad user...

Attached: 1568024467354.jpg (988x1059, 116K)

I have a psychic connection with somebody and I don't know if they hate me. Is it possible to hate somebody when you knew each other's souls so intimately at some point? She's the only person I could relate to and the only solace I had in the world. I get desperate. I'm dying of thirst and she won't spare a drop.

i usually don't give a shit about the whole thing, i just think it's time to move on and no big deal about it. I'm actually quite deaf in regard to my own feelings, i just accept reality as it is and even under-react to emotional events. I cruise through the days, do my things, and go to bed, with little to no attention to my own emotional life. But there are times where i just can't ignore it, it feels so real and different from waking daily life that it's impossible for me to stay unaffected.

I still dream about a girl I haven't seen in a decade. I don't pine for her like that but I haven't had any romantic success since so I can see why my brain would build her up to be this big subconscious symbol for my relations with women whenever I'm asleep. I hear you man. It feels pathetic to me to be dreaming about a person that never thinks about you, and probably does with a scoff like this guy says

Damn fpbp . The idea..

>Yea Forums - Dream Interpretation

I have had one girlfriend in the past that didn't work out too well, and have since been just having "friends with benefits" or couple night stints with some people, except for this bizarre dream I had last night. It involved some average looking girl, couldn't completely describe her apperance or personality, but the dream was eerie but sexual at the same time, and it is kind of hanging from my head like a bad hangover. I keep trying to make sense of the dream, but maybe it was the first night in a week where I slept for a long time. Made a thread about it in more detail, only noticed there was a thread about this kind of stuff now.