Po/lit/ics

Starting a reading group if you're interested, it's based on texts related to political theor. They must meet three criteria

1. Be non-liberal, pre liberal, or critical of liberalism, they can be leftist or rightist or anything else though
2. Be fifty pages or less
3. Be interesting and enjoyable to read

The first reading is Foucault's chapter on panopticon, taken from Discipline and Punish. We will discuss each text on a weekly basis. Post texts you would like for us to read, if you please

I set up a discord and will upload the readings there
discord.gg/AWRetpz

Attached: machiavelliLG.jpg (310x465, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nybooks.com/articles/2008/10/23/a-new-political-saint-paul/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read Carlyle

I read almost excursively political theory and, while this is tempting, i think discord is for faggots. Your first stipulation makes me think that the entire thing will dissolve into political proselytisation by whatever political ideology manages to take it over. Also, less than fifty pages precludes the vast amount of texts, and reading segments out of context of the whole text can often lead to misunderstanding. Especially in those books which rely on a sustain argument eg, Leviathan, Capital, The Republic, The Philosophy of Right, ect.

Attached: 1564406780072.png (576x543, 213K)

Be realistic, outside Summer you aren't going to keep a Yea Forums reading group together for multiple texts if they're that long

Are any alt lit poetesses sponsoring your group? I'm asking because if there's a spot open, I have a few names that might surprise you and theyve very reasonable rates

No women allowed

I still don't think it is a proper way to study key thinkers. Why don't you want any liberal texts?

Attached: 1564784362817.png (600x453, 187K)

bump

Because liberal ideology is already so defused and taken for granted by western society that it makes for very tedious readings for discussion

You're not going to keep a Yea Forums reading group together no matter what. These have been tried since the boards inception and they never last.

remember when ya'll retards couldn't even get through antioedipus

Focusing on short, exciting texts will work, I think. This one is only 17 pages

Interested in the recent political appropriation of Saint paul by the likes of Badiou, Zizek and agamben.

Also, where can i read this in it's entirety?
nybooks.com/articles/2008/10/23/a-new-political-saint-paul/

>50 pages or less
I'm a fan of organizing book clubs for people who aren't retards, but you're going to have to broaden to entire works. If you want to have good conversations about politics you're going to have to read a lot of books that are over 400 pages each so there's no way you'll get anything substantial out of 50 page excerpts unless everyone has already read the whole. Good luck, though, user.

It probably won't but even if it does what is the point?

This seemed like a good until I read no liberalism.

Not even the Prince is 50 pages and it's considered a very short work

Don't know, but interesting topic

No way even one such work will hold s group. Maybe after we established an extensive, consistent base we could consider longer works

That's correct, we could read an excerpt though.

You pseuds will get to page 10 of Leviathan and then go back to your brainlet fiction because you can't handle the redpills.

lmao at this nerd thinking you need brainpower for the leviathan.

Leviathan is pretty lucid and straightforward, I enjoy it, also Schmitt who references it as his base

>Redpills

>>/POL/

>he thinks he has some secret knowledge because he read one of the most popular works of philosophy in existence

Attached: 1567523538045.webm (1280x720, 1.36M)

>goes to college
>collapses

Bump

???

It's a basic text in college

I love that /pol/'s guiding gimmick is teen stoner philosophy stole from a third-rate scifi flick made by a couple of "degenerate trannies."

the weebfaggot speaks truth

> >>/POL/
ug

What's second rate, 2001 and Gattaca?

Oh yeah, how could I cope?

Attached: IMG_20190915_115028~2.jpg (3068x997, 435K)

bump