Where do I start with postmodern philosophy?

Where do I start with postmodern philosophy?

Attached: postmod.jpg (450x317, 94K)

How about The Most Radical Gesture by Sadie Plant (situationists)

How quick can you work a penis?, how quick can you suck the dick?

Vroom vroom turbo slut

“Work”? I’d cut it off if you let out in my presence

Put that in your pipe and smoke it pal

Attached: B45DA4A4-D391-4B39-9DD9-BC149DD80D7A.jpg (453x600, 61K)

Michael fourcult

Attached: 1568340743372.png (546x294, 74K)

Read The Society of the Spectacle by Guy Debord and then jump right into Baudrillard's The Consumer Society. Then you can go to Simulacra & Simulation, Anti-oedipus, Jameson's postmodernism book, Dialectics of Enlightenment, etc.

Someone caught up to the doom that encircles us, like a demonic possession

NOma ChomSky

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHh

Saussure

the trash can
dispositions and feelings are not philosophy
it is cringe and incel

Fashionable Nonsense. Yea Forums will cry that they were only mangling scientific ideas in a metaphoric way but you can easily see for yourself that these anons are simply lying to themselves to legitimate their own trifling career in horseshit.

How’s saying something is cringe and incel a strong argument to convince someone of a direct point?, are you fucking inept? Holy shit you retards are fucking on top of your central control epoch today

reddit

Attached: A527E96E-6D04-4351-97E7-EBB03A4B17EF.jpg (727x971, 187K)

The greeks

Piss off with this Bandura fraud another Jung revisionist and deterministic clown born in shiny Stanford stagnation slumber yeah you would better believe he attended a few slide shows

Attached: 1539164001921.jpg (216x233, 8K)

Assuming you have a working understanding of European philosophy, Derrida

Start with Wittgensteins "Philosophical investigations"

Postmodernism is so badly represented that i almost cry at the thought of people swallowing Stephen Hicks and Jordan Petersons ideologically based missrepresentations of postmodern philosophy.
What do you know about it?
Have you read any?
Can you please explain to me how it is about "Dispositions and feelings"
Retard

like peterson's the only one who ever shat on you haha get over him already

Nietzsche's On Truth and Lies in a Non-Moral Sense.

America by Baudrillard gives a great image of how to experience postmodernism in daily life.

you're boring and no one cares about the temper tantrums you throw whenever words you don't understand get uttered

Attached: faggot.gif (720x480, 126K)

There’s no point. Look into metamodernism
It’s much more based

Start literally anywhere. It's all made up applesauce.

Replace AO with A Thousand Plateaus unless you're really interested in psychoanalysis

Isn't TP a sequel of sorts to AO

Wouldn't modernism be "I am a genius but it still means nothing in this vast cloud of unknowing?"

It's a sequel and a remake
Think Evil Dead 2

Seems like a pleb pic desu

Modernism:
ordered prose with deep metaphors

Post-modernism:
metafictional hell

Reader of postmodern philosophy here:
Yes, yes, we're all aware of the now well-worn observation that people like Peterson don't actually know what postmodernism is, thank you. From your rather obscure reference to Stephen Hicks I imagine you don't actually read postmodern philosophy either and are actually referring to that YouTube video by Cuck Philosophy where he uses Hicks' rather obscure book as a guide to understanding misrepresentations of postmodern theory. Get off YouTube and read some actual books.

There are, however, legitimate criticisms of postmodernism -- someone like Karl Popper would probably tell you that Baudrillard has more in common with poetry than he does philosophy in that it is incredibly methodologically dubious and often leans into ambiguities rather than settling them, and many leftists would say that postmodern theory can be a bulwark against real material change by promoting a sort of smug skepticism towards meta-narratives that can only result in a radically individualist pathology.

wew that cartoon is a lot closer to understanding the distinction between modernism and postmodernism than you are

This.

I'd maybe read Jameson's article on postmodernism of the same name first, then maybe Baudrillard's Consumer Society and Simulacra and Simulation, then Debord

All shit recc's to start PoMo philosophy

Good recc's and maybe read "Literary Theory:An Introduction" for a good intro.