Italian literature

What are the best books by Italian writers?

Attached: maccaroni.jpg (729x425, 20K)

If on a Winter's Night a Traveler

None italians are imbred relics of a past we all despise seething at a future they will (not) inhabit.

fernando pessoa and garcía lorca

good luck user

Pinochio

The leopard by guiseppe tomasi

Giovanni papini

The Origins and Doctrine of Fascism

hmmm try cervantes

dante aligary

Conversations in Sicily

Petrolio

I read it, it was fucking trash.
One of the worst novels I've ever read.
Please enlighten me why it's considered a "classic"

Hey OP, Italian here

Old shit from the 19th century that teachers in high school force you to read: Manzoni, Pascoli, Carlo Emilio Gadda, Leopardi, Foscolo

The good ole classics from 20th century : Dino Buzzati, Pirandello, Italo Calvino, Italo Svevo, Elsa Morante, Pasolini, Giorgio Bocca

Interesting contemporary authors that you can maybe find in your local book shop: Nicolò Ammaniti, Alessandro Baricco, Andrea Camilleri, Claudio Magris, Elena ferrante

Sorry, my posts are usually way more informative and useful than this, but it's fucking 3.15am here and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing still awake. Good luck, maybe tomorrow I'll add some more details to my list.

Attached: 22698376332108.png (500x111, 15K)

Because you are an idiot, The Viceroys (I Vicerè) is the ultimate book about the end of the Borbone Monarchy in Southern Italy and its conquest by the Kingdom of Italy. Way way better than the Gattopardo by Tomasi di Lampedusa in every possible way.

Attached: 91wXV41+1uL.jpg (1696x2560, 606K)

Jerusalem Delivered, Divine Comedy, All Roman literature, Orlando Furioso

Apart from authors already mentioned itt, Elio Vittorini and Primo Levi.

Based thread. Anyone have recs for titles/authors that are easy to read but still good?

t. italian learner

I'm sorry, you faggots do not deserve actual good literature
go back to shakespeare's and pinecone's fart jokes

umberto eco

Erri de Luca is a decent easy contemporary authour

*loud acidic and copious vomiting*

>Ferrante

Attached: 1566369648837.png (645x773, 49K)

Attached: alighipepe.jpg (600x600, 68K)