Why don't Gnostics just kill themselves if the material world is so bad?

Why don't Gnostics just kill themselves if the material world is so bad?
t. Plotinus

Attached: plotinus.jpg (569x681, 61K)

because they are edgy weakling, who don't actually believe in their theology.

>the martyrs didn’t actually believe in the theology
You sniveling swine

Because they believe they will reincarnate into the material world again, devoid of memories of their previous life's experiences.

Which martyrs
Gnostics had no martyrs.

so why not kill themselves if their life sucks and betting for a slightly better one?

Because Gnostics were multiple different ideologies that set apart from each other in many ways, not just one thing. There is no such thing as a single Gnosticism.

Yeah right.

Attached: Crusade Cathar.png (1515x1680, 1.39M)

>kill yourself
>return with erased memory
whats the benefit?

what if I get a worse life?

You don't feel cringy when you remember your failures with women in high school before sleep.

A truly awful question.

>being this entitled
yikes

A truly awful response.

how do I into Gnosticism?
>also I have to take Plato literally, yes? like his tales of Gods, Suns and demiurges?

I think they're all dead already.

because they will just reincarnate until they reach 'gnosis'.

It was good enough to shut up the Gnostics for a long time back in the day

Why doesn't God just do the rapture right now if the world is so shit?

Because they aren't stoics. They were brave enough to defy their assigned lot and recognize it for what it is

Didn't Plotinus say matter was evil?

maybe in a negative sense, but it's not like a source of evil as the gnostics say

>neopl*tonists
>not leibverächter as well

Attached: i7u6c3ih.jpg (800x800, 332K)

It's evil in the sense of being the ultimate representation of our ignorance, not really in a truly moral sense though.

Some groups of Gnostics viewed it in that regard as well

If you kill yourself you just get kicked back into a new meat prison, so it's a futile gesture. Plus, if people care about you, which some to some degree certainly do, you're only increasing the suffering of those people by taking your own life.

Cathars did everything wrong. Literally asking for it, and I don't mean their doctrines. How is it possi le to fuck up politically this badly?
What happened in waco is more martyr like than the cathars.