How do religions reconcile a benevolent God/principle with moral problem of predation...

How do religions reconcile a benevolent God/principle with moral problem of predation? If the world is a spiritual test for man, why should animals suffer for it?

Attached: irana.gif (260x225, 4K)

THE VIGIL OF ST. HUBERT

In the forest God met the Stag-beetle. "Hold! Worship me!" quoth God. "For I am All-Great, All-Good, All Wise....The stars are but sparks from the forges of My smiths...."
"Yea, verily and Amen," said the Stag-beetle, "all this do I believe, and that devoutly."
"Then why do you not worship Me?"
"Because I am real and your are only imaginary."
But the leaves of the forest rustled with the laughter of the wind.
Said Wind and Wood: "They neither of them know anything!"

St. Hubert appears to have been a saint who saw a stag of a mystical or sacred nature.
The above chapter is a resolution of the universe into Tetragrammaton; God the macrocosm and the microcosm beetle. Both imagine themselves to exist; both say
"you" and "I", and discuss their relative reality. The things which really exist, the things which have no Ego, and speak only in the third person, regard these as ignorant, on account of their assumption of Knowledge.

suffering is temporary, while the heavenly bliss is eternal.

Attached: Why-is-Jesus-Christ-Important-in-My-Life-main-1138511.jpg (4424x2294, 1.18M)

inane non-answer, predation and consumption have nothing to do with the spiritual evolution of man

That only happened once sin entered the universe, because death is the result of sin. The Bible makes it clear that before sin, the animals only ate plants. The Bible makes the distinction that plants, alive living, are not alive in the same way as animals or humans because they lack sentience and blood, often referred to as the breath of life in the Bible.

In the Christian view, humans are the stewards of everything in the world. They are responsible and they introduced sin, causing suffering for all life. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Gnosticism: The material world with its evils and sources of pain was not created by the true God, who is a secret God. It was created by a lesser being called the demiurge. In a sense the demiurge is the alter ego of the spiritual God, as an infinite God must contain a parallel that is evil and materialistic rather than benevolent and transubstantial.

Manichaeism: The moral universe is a battleground between light and dark, antagonistic forces which interpose their warfare in the hearts and souls of human beings. Light and darkness fill us, in constant struggle and combat, and only through effort to raise up the good can the evil be diminished, quelled, and driven from the world so that light may reign supreme.

stupid answer, why should animals suffer for human folly, fuck do you people even think your shit through

To address your question of predation more directly, I should add that the world according to Manichaeism was created through the act of consumption, in which evil beings seeking and coveting the light began to devour it. Humans resulted from this consumption of light by the darkness. Having been born of hunger, (the will to life) and true to our origins, we seek to eat the light of other beings, as energy is light, and it is energy that we extract from the predation of other animals.

Why do you think animal suffering matters at all is the real question here

What do you mean. It simply means we are the masters of our destiny. We are capable of great ills and great achievements. We have the ability to cogniscently reason and we are not strictly bound to anything material.

God calls for compasion to animals tho.

you can eat them, but don't make them suffer.

Now we're talking, I'm familiar with Manichaeism but never seen it formulated this way. Is the light non-existence though, if consumption is the thirst for life/being? Anything I can read on this?

Fuck off bugbrain

Doesn't even begin to answer the question. "God calls on you to have compassion for the living things imprisoned in the cosmic abattoir he himself created", what a swell guy.

Animals don't Exist.

This is a fascinating post

Modesty and acceptance is nothing but a temperament of nature as a means of continued survival when non-temperament likely guarantees one’s extinction. Jesus was not a benevolent teacher who truly sought world peace. Rather, he was a antithesis to j*wish zealots who threatened the extinction of the j*wish people with their continued provocation of the Roman Empire.

This. The Fall was cosmic in scope. With the first sin death entered into all of creation.

Why? How inefficient, nature shouldn't pay for man's mistakes.

>should
There's that word again!

Don't be glib, even children are taught not to burden others with their mistakes, I think I'd expect better from the architect of reality

>expect
And there he goes again everyone!

Lol Christians like you are fucking cretins

I said when sin entered the universe, not the fall of man. Sin entered when Satan and his angels rebelled against God, so it had nothing to do with humans. The fall of man has to do with how humans fell from God' grace, since we were set apart from the animals from the start so that we could tend the Earth and take care of the animals. Obviously, this all went to shit once sin came into being and then later with the fall of man, but that was the original idea as given in the beginning of Genesis.

Things were dying well before humanity entered the picture, retard. Entropy isn’t new.

Animals don’t have consciousness, they don’t suffer

Entropy is the result of the first sin. Before it, the universe was eternal and perfect, and it will return to this again once everything is remade again to what God originally intended.

Shut up faggot.

So nature fell twice? lol. Just admit we live in an entropic free-for-all already and this universe is a "fuck you, got mine" hell prison where the only absolutes are love and cruelty.

Ohhhh he mad

Based and enlightened post, animals don’t have feelings, only instincts

Retard

>So nature fell twice?
No, just once. The first sin resulted in the physical death of the universe. The fall of man resulted in the spiritual death of man. So even if Adam and Eve had never sinned but still physically died, God would have resurrected them, or even continuously restored their bodies so they would never physically die. The fall of man prevented this from happening until the sacrifice of Jesus Christ to pay for man's sins.

>This cringey fuck again
Predation doesn't present a moral dilemma It's obvious that unless You're an ascetica You gotta do What You gotta do to survive, and that not everybody is called to hard core ascetismo the kind that makes you starve to death.
>Why should animals suffer
They shouldn't but they have been given to us in stewardship which expicitly entails eating them. If You want to argue that modern "meat production" is inhumane and a horrible abuse of our right as stewards I'll agree with you and urge you to only eat meat raised locally by a farmer.

>If the world is a spiritual test for man
The world is the World. It's used as a test now because we are assholes.

>They shouldn't but they have been given to us in stewardship which expicitly entails eating them

this cringy trash again

It's litteraly written black on white in genesis. Before the felice is implied from the fact that we gave them names, after It's explicit. Seethe more.

*the deluge

dumb ESL poster.