Who are some powerful contemporary philosophers?

Who are some powerful contemporary philosophers?

Attached: pinker.png (720x899, 387K)

There are currently only 2 interesting fields of philosophy. Speculative realism and neurophenomenology.

>Speculative realism
b l o g p o s t s

>noooo you cant use the internet as a medium for disseminating your ideassss

imagine if there were brain differences like that in humans haha

There aren't. Even Steven Pinker doesn't understand that breeding for select traits or natural adaptation =/= speciation. Evolution is fake and gay and it's peddled by oligarchs and specialized brainlets like popsci celebrities.

Attached: gen-2.jpg (500x749, 315K)

nice repressed homo shit, faggot.

Pinker acknowledged this

Indeed, there's no such thing as a dog turning into something other than a dog. It can just develop different dog traits.

I'm Orthodox but man, I really dislike Seraphim Rose.

>neurophenomenology
Pure meme

I'm RCC and I do admire him. Most of this book isn't his own work though, it's presenting the Church fathers' writings and homilies on Genesis as both historical and allegorical, thus dogmatic for Cathodoxy. There are also many essays by members of the Intelligent Design movement in the late 20th century. Lots of great resources even for seculars.

Attached: 510JXMK49CL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (315x474, 27K)

I hate twitter-speak. Just write normal sentences, god damn it.

you fags do know that "intelligent design" is flat out incorrect, right

I'm actually a scientist and I can't imagine a less interesting question than 'what's going on in the brains of domesticated dogs?' Like, jesus christ. This is why the world is the way it is.

Okay monkey

If you're LARPing as a bugman you're doing a frighteningly good job

Attached: worried_laughter.jpg (520x678, 41K)

kek. I'm all for using animal research to help us understand human phenomena but the resources devoted to the study in the OP seem like they could have been far better spent elsewhere.

I don’t agree with them, but I always thought the rate of supposed macro evolution was too fast. And any major changes to biology would require increment steps of sorts, which may seem feasible for some adaptions, but others needed those major changes within a generation or two to be viable enough for those traits to continue int the gene pool.

What does “bugman” even mean on Yea Forums now? Fuck off.

You seem to have a critical misunderstanding about the process of evolution and the timescale at which it takes place. Go read a textbook.

>neurophenomenology
It's a lot of willful ignorance of the inherent mysticism of that position. It's the refufe for a lot of people who prefer being "right" over being insightful.

It's a metaphysical and mathematical impossibility.
Yeah like pic related.

Attached: 51FAF6FMZML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 27K)

Ever seen a wolf?
A dog came from that, dummy.

haha wow, if that was true then we would have to ... continue to treat people as individuals

His point went right over your head.

>muh intelligent design
I'm Catholic and I disagree with intelligent design because it's closed minded and nonsensical.

the "neorationalists" (Reza Negarestani, Peter Wolfendale, Ray Brassier)
incidentally Peter Wolfendale wrote a big book that btfo speculative realism and ooo

>It's a metaphysical and mathematical impossibility.
literally false, you fringe retard.

my point exactly.

>There are never any mating barriers between populations
Fucking lol. Can a tiger breed with a domestic cat because they're both cats?

You're a näive Catholic then.
Not an argument.

Attached: 31ExE5w+lOL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (352x499, 15K)

Yeah, just like how we treat dogs!

>not an argument
Yes it fucking is.

>Fr.
>FSSP
This is surely a reasonable overview of evolution and not a trad catholic polemic

Kys
It's philosophy.

>implying human brains are comparable to dog brains
The human race is a complete genetic anomaly. A human mind vastly exceeds the capabilities of 90% of the animal kingdom.

I can't add that shit to my goodreads profile ffs

Ass