Can we have another writing setup thread? Also, does anyone have any good software for writing on linux...

Can we have another writing setup thread? Also, does anyone have any good software for writing on linux? My handwriting is awful, sometimes I cant even read it.

Attached: 1567485661792.png (2016x980, 2.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter/
krita.org/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not sure what anyone else uses, but i use Scrivener. I dont think it's on linux though

Install emacs and learn Org-mode

That sounds like the biggest meme I've ever heard. Why would that be better than a standard word processor or a program like scrivener or plume?

I'll be lurking because i also want to know some good writing programs that aren't word, kek.

I've heard good things about Quoll and ywriter, but neither have a linux build. Both are free though, I believe. Check em out.

>Can we have another writing setup thread? Also, does anyone have any good software for writing on linux? My handwriting is awful, sometimes I cant even read it.

Currently I am using Manjaro,
>inb4 pleb only Arch
I have Arch on my desktop but for my laptop I prefer Manjaro because I do not use it enough to keep it updated.
For my writing setup I use Ghostwriter with a basic dictionary for spell-check. Distraction free writing.

wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter/

It can also be downloaded through pacman and pamac I believe.

In the information-age it never hurts to learn how to be independent of the big tech corporations.

Attached: 1557253296611.jpg (1600x1071, 943K)

I'll have to check that out, I'm using manjaro too so that should be perfect. Thanks for the link.

Brought my hack writing project to the law office once again today.

Attached: IMG_4207.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

>patrician Tarantino uses spiral notebooks and a ballpoint pen

What's your excuse?

Attached: quentin-tarantino-by-mark-seliger-1.jpg (740x384, 69K)

Np. It auto-saves as well which is super nice.

I also use Krita as a Photoshop substitute if you need one, I find it is much better than GIMP.
krita.org/en/

>Also, does anyone have any good software for writing on linux?
jdarkroom if you want distraction-free. if you need more features, OpenOffice.

Attached: desk.jpg (3000x2003, 996K)

>ballpoint pen
Dropped

I use whatever I happen to have at hand.
2B pencil for underlining (Doesn't scar the paper, easy to erase if I make a mistake), a gel-pen or fountain pen for notes. (Only downside is that I have to buy cartridges, though it's ~30 cents for a five-pack, so it's not really expensive.)
Software depends on the system, though usually I use libre-office on a linux trash-top I got for free.

typewriters appeal to me since non digital and I don't have to look at my shitty handwriting but
>loud
are there any quiet typewriters that are still viable in 2019, can buy ribbons and the typewriter online?

I like typewriters, I think you can find some that are billed as "silent," but I'm not sure how silent they actually are.

>patrician
>Tarantino
Leave this board, midwit.

Just get into the mechanical keyboard meme. Just as satisfying and with more options to sound and feel.

I liked to write shitty poems/rant/dump my thoughts into a cream paper coloured lined journal. It is just smaller than the size of my hand and super convenient to carry everywhere although it gets filled up pretty quick. Accompanying it is a cheap fountain pen but I also like to write with thick ballpoint pens.

Attached: writing.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

I've gone back and forth between handwriting and typing. I think writing by hand is the best. Learn how to write legibly.

I use Org-mode to write.
its comfy

not that user but you obviously have not seen Four Rooms

LibreOffice
most publishers unironically want the manuscripts in MS Office friendly format like docx

fountain pen on a leatherbound notebook

Attached: laff 2.png (469x480, 273K)