Why are there so many more great Christian writers compared to so few great atheist writers...

Why are there so many more great Christian writers compared to so few great atheist writers? Are atheists just naturally bad writers?

Attached: 4DB9EEC2-D66B-4065-AF96-FE766DCC6CE0.jpg (170x214, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

users.belgacom.net/wagnerlibrary/prose/wlpr0126.htm#rn6
cnsnews.com/news/article/global-study-atheists-decline-only-18-world-population-2020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because determinism and fatalism don't make for compelling work.

Aren't determinism and fatalism the opposite of what an atheist would believe?

They both hate their roots in scientism.

Because Christianity was a lot more prominent than atheism in the western world for a lot of its literate history.

I agree that atheist authors have not produced as many great works as Christian authors hitherto, but does that discredit atheists in any way? Atheism has always been around to a certain degree but the West was mostly Christian so the chances of Christian producing bangers were much higher.

>doestoevsky wasn't a fatalist

He was against blindly following religion, hoping for a god's plan, and expecting karmic reward. Not to mention he was a huge defender of free will.

The quality of (Western) literature has fallen off a cliff in the last 30 years or so.

Pynchon is the greatest writer of all time and an atheist. That's all that matters

In your mind.

This nigga slept on the Gambler

in actuality*

Of all time spans you had to pick the one that makes the least sense.

Determinism and fatalism were at multiple points in history completely acceptable aspects of Christian worldview.

Thsi.

Dostoevsky was not a Christian.
What do you people even read?

Fucking hell is this place just kids pretending to be cool without reading a fucking book?

Why are there so many christians on this site?

I don't believe any of you are actually religious, you just do it to be edgy online. I don't any of you actually read theology or go to a church.

This, a true Christian would know not to throw pearls before swine.

user...this is a joke right?

Asides from DFW's work name one.

>the least sense
The last 30-40 years is when atheism became more common in the West, and the quality and quantity of great literature has evaporated.
Compare that to the 40 years prior (1940s to 1980s).

The man who cannot wonder, who does not habitually wonder (and worship), were he President of innumerable Royal Societies, and carried the whole Mecanique Celeste and Hegel's Philosophy, and the epitome of all Laboratories and Observatories with their results, in his single head,—is but a Pair of Spectacles behind which there is no Eye. Let those who have Eyes look through him, then he may be useful.

Because religiosity and art are, and always have been inextricably related by the divine mead of inspiration. From the primitive mans cave drawing of a dream myth, to Dante's vision. The latter only different in its expounding of the inner doctrine of Christianity, behind that of literal dogma. Hence why Dante's inferno was given from the start the greatest measure of genius potential out of the entire work; enabled was Dante by it, so as to present the true unfettered Christian doctrine - hell of course had remained as of yet untouched and free to the Artist. Regardless of some particularity.

Read Wagner, he was as well as being the greatest artistic genius to ever live, a masterful writer.

users.belgacom.net/wagnerlibrary/prose/wlpr0126.htm#rn6

Attached: Wagner.jpg (1369x1897, 417K)

Remember user, it is not just the fault of Atheism, it is also the Church itself which has lost its prior religiosity.

>The man who cannot wonder, who does not habitually wonder (and worship), were he President of innumerable Royal Societies, and carried the whole Mecanique Celeste and Hegel's Philosophy, and the epitome of all Laboratories and Observatories with their results, in his single head,—is but a Pair of Spectacles behind which there is no Eye. Let those who have Eyes look through him, then he may be useful.
Based Sartor Resartus.

>The last 30-40 years is when atheism became more common in the West,
cnsnews.com/news/article/global-study-atheists-decline-only-18-world-population-2020
It's funny, though, how you imagine several millenia of great literary tradition evaporating(!) in the span of a few decades.

Atheists are clueless when it comes to symbolic language - they are far too literal minded.
Being materialistic they also fail to understand any form of deeper spirituality or connection to something larger than their rather narrow lives. Atheists don't tend to be deep thinkers which is why pseuds are so often atheist and vice versa.

>in the West

Are you actually retarded?

Feel free to show me statistics

Pretty much this

Because most people throughout history were religious. It's a mere statistical correlation. That's all.

Historically most people have been religious.

>enabled was Dante by it, so as to
Pure shit. Absolute nonsense.

based retard

>a masterful writer.
Do you post from your phone in an armchair by a coal stove?

Attached: ku2qf5oisce31.jpg (1080x917, 85K)

confirmed idiots

oh and btw i bet you idiots also think Kierkegaard and Dante were Christians too.

Wanna elaborate?

but i do user, and im sure a lot of folks here do, specially since /christian/ went dark when infinity went down and we needed a home for our minds to settle

There were naturally more christian writers back then, it's hard being an atheist if you and your entire family gets burned for it

the atheists deserved it

Pagans don't exist
They fake like the moon landing.
The Greeks too

Is it me, or is non-christian fiction always disconnected from reality. It's always either some futurism setting, or alternate reality of current time. Even when it's set in present days, relative to the novel, it still has all kind of bullshit made up about the world. So much for atheists not liking someone to make stuff up.

We understand ourselves through story more so than materialist technics. Christianity naturally contains metagame/truth in a digestible format. Materialism would seem to reduce a man to a meaningless nothing rather than an all encompassing everything, thus atheism denying the indomitable will to be as the underlying formative structure of reality.

Since Christianity is cosmic escapism, literary escapism comes natural to them

There is literally no argument you could make for free will. Everything is determined by everything else, and the entire world is a history of cause and effect.

Alright, idiot. Next time try and follow the topic.

The people on this board has a thirst for meaning that the other boards don't. Christianity is just one of the end results to that desire.

It's just you.

/thread

are you trying to me stupid

and painters, scientists, movie directors and so on.

I think is divine inspiration.