Hunter S. Thompson On 9/11

Full Article: proxy.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

Writing only a day after the towers fell, Thompson wrote what I consider to be the most prescient analysis of what happened 18 years ago. With the world calling for war, Thompson realized the road we were about to head down. The most pertinent parts are quoted below:

>The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country. Make no mistake about it: We are At War now -- with somebody -- and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives.
It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy.

>We are going to punish somebody for this attack, but just who or what will be blown to smithereens for it is hard to say. Maybe Afghanistan, maybe Pakistan or Iraq, or possibly all three at once. Who knows? Not even the Generals in what remains of the Pentagon or the New York papers calling for WAR seem to know who did it or where to look for them.
This is going to be a very expensive war, and Victory is not guaranteed -- for anyone, and certainly not for anyone as baffled as George W. Bush. All he knows is that his father started the war a long time ago, and that he, the goofy child-President, has been chosen by Fate and the global Oil industry to finish it Now. He will declare a National Security Emergency and clamp down Hard on Everybody, no matter where they live or why. If the guilty won't hold up their hands and confess, he and the Generals will ferret them out by force.
Good luck. He is in for a profoundly difficult job -- armed as he is with no credible Military Intelligence, no witnesses and only the ghost of Bin Laden to blame for the tragedy.

Does Yea Forums know of any other writers, philosophers, or analysts who foresaw what was to come so accurately and so soon after the attacks?

Attached: towers.jpg (618x410, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA&t=626s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chomsky

>Christian Jihad
>the global Oil industry
>ghost of Bin Laden
>accurate

DFW's 9/11 memoir was quite onions

america deserved it and deserves worse fuck your terrorist, fascist shithole

Kojima
>War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.

question number #1
Can kojima write?

the jews did it

not consistantly but mgs2 is fucking genius and way ahead of it's time
this was written in 1999 iirc youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA&t=626s

He’s pretty good...

This is true but not what I asked
>not accurate
get a load of this dood

what a boomer take.

That’s the exact opposite of a boomer take. Are you retarded?

9/11 had nothing to do with the war on terror. the war on terror was just cover. the real attack was much deeper.

Jew here. We had plans to do it but the freemasons beat us to it. Better luck next time.

>It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides.
Well sadly this part didn't happen

Christians only wage religious war against other Christians

It was allowed to happen. It was no surprise to the White House. The generals and MIC oligarchs where behind it and the sham election of W’Bush.

Who will stop these blood thirsty madmen in control of this stupid country? No president will be “elected” that will dare call this out and live.
Someone ought to fly a real plane into the Pentagon this time. (Because there were only three plane)

Attached: 25C1F927-B9E7-4276-B5FC-8711A43A41CD.jpg (479x335, 22K)

Zoomer detected. The entire leadup to the Iraq War was full of frothing-at-the-mouth evangelicals pushing the war as a crusade against the mohommadean menace. And much of the domestic support for the war came from a similar background. Bush and friends may have painted the war to the Europeans and newspapers as "making the world safe for democracy" but for most of the soldiers who signed up to fight in Iraq, religions had much to do with it.

How old are you guys? I was literally 11 years old on 9/11/01 and I distinctly remember the religious connotations of the war.

>1990's
>AI and technology is a dark and pervasive force that will consume us before we even realize it was a threat in the first place.
>2010's
>Wow! Having Google/Siri/Amazon/Cortana/etc integrated into every machine and recording my every thought is so convenient! I don't even have to think in order to consume product!

Attached: 1500319848095.jpg (550x512, 41K)

I'm honestly considering writing a book on the 1990s, essentially a guide for Zoomers/later people to understand the time before it all came tumbling down. Titled something along the lines of "Things Can Only Get Better"

Bring in some sauce dude.
Where can I see a W. Bush speech giving us a theological arguments for the war in Irak?

No one lets their fantasies run their mind like intellectuals.

It's not prescient. It remains mostly superficial. If he had any clue he would have mentioned a Jewish Jihad.