I can't read the Bible because it is far too boring and minutae. I don't care about ancient Jew names being listed...

I can't read the Bible because it is far too boring and minutae. I don't care about ancient Jew names being listed. Is their a book that just collects the proverbs and general wisdom of Jesus? I don't care what the other prophets had to say.

Serious recommendations only please

Attached: 1530934711811s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Basically be a good person and undertake a cause you’re willing to die for, because you’re going to die anyway so might as well make your time worthwhile here on earth.
>fin

Atheism is defined as not believing in gods, so atheists are free to believe in Satan because he's not a god.

The bible itself has many passages referencing gods in the plural term meaning it's polytheistic itself.

but I don't even know who's stupider, the christians or the atheists. I have atheists knocking on my door all the time to point out biblical inconsistencies and they are dumbfounded when I tell them proving the bible to be inaccurate isn't the same as proving god to be non-existent

maybe you should spend your time trying to commune with god yourself instead of relying on others to do it for you

it's not even that hard to do, but everyone tries to take the easy way out and just find a book to tell them what to do.

The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said About You, Your Life, and Everything Else By Steven K. Scott

so glad I get to suffer and eventually die bros it's great what a good time

Also Jesus Speaks: 365 Days of Guidance and Encouragement, Straight from the Words of Christ by the same author

This guy gets it. Let’s get this bread king

Attached: AFABADEF-D312-4097-B082-BBEB6ED3A49B.jpg (735x601, 114K)

matthew mark luke and john

look at that girl and then look at everything else that exists

>Is their a book that just collects the proverbs and general wisdom of Jesus?
yes, they are called the gospels you dumb fuck

>repetetive and boring
Repeat some bullshit enough times, they'll believe it. Quaran is even more potent than bible, because it's even more repetitive.

So why people did read it in the past? Because it was the cheapest literature to get hands on. Imagine a world where you want to escape harsh reality by reading stories, and the only book is about this guy who's your lord and savior.

Attached: go.jpg (1024x683, 62K)

Kids Bible

spoken like a true npc

1st samuel is unironically kino

>13694160
Everything you just said is counter to reality. A fabrication. And you are completely fine with that-- deceiving others.

People like you are the worst.

So, do I need to repeat myself?

> Implying anyone wants to die for a cause.
It's just a figure of speech. Most people are pussies that want OTHER folk to die for whatever the cause is.

Atheists preaching door to door?
What the fuck? Is that real?

I've read a bunch of those. They're sorta fun. Never read the real thing. Eastern orthodox christian here, born into communism and partially indoctrinated by it.

Read the first 4 books in the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) if you want the books of the bible that include Jesus. Just remember that he preached to Jews; if you want teachings directed towards Christians read books related to Paul after you are down with the four Gospels. I'd also recommend the Book of Proverbs if you want to read King Solomon's wisdoms. I'd only recommend reading the Old Testament after getting completing the New Testament. It feels like less of a chore and you pick up on things you'd otherwise miss.

Just read Samuel I and II it’s no bullshit all story