What are some books that explain why Americans are like this?

What are some books that explain why Americans are like this?

Attached: 1566494808504.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

Attached: settlers_pile.jpg (512x384, 72K)

The dollar menu, McDonalds

bump

Because the wrong side won WWII

Pretty much capitalism

that's not the only country with capitalism

I am actually curious about this. Maybe it is the rise of psychiatry and the need to explain every shortcoming by some disease of the mind which prevents the possibility of changing oneself. The belief in inner lives and repressed memories to overcome and forgive a lack of assertiveness.

We haven't been living in capitalism Since the New Deal.
It's you, It's always been you. No matter How much You project.

Oh man, the CIDF is quick today!

its also not the only country thats like this

The real woke answer is not capitalism, but lack of a real culture, consumerism, and anti-metaphysical pragmatism

>lack of a real culture, consumerism, and anti-metaphysical pragmatism
And what do you think created these conditions?

>For capital, the disintegration of wage-earning society is both an opportunity for reorganization and a political risk. The risk is that humans might devise an unforeseen use of their time and their life, that they might even take to heart the question of its meaning. Those in charge have even made sure, therefore, that we humans having the leisure are not at liberty to make use of it as we please. It’s as if we needed to work more as consumers in proportion as we work less as producers. As if consumption no longer signified a satisfaction, but rather a social obligation. Moreover, the technological equipment of leisure increasingly resembles that of labor. While in our fooling around on the Internet all our clicks produce the data that the GAFA resell, work is tricked out with all the enticements of gaming by introducing scores, levels, bonuses and other infantilizing caveats.

REEEEEE

>This story of the insertion of a “society-cum-person” into a market position in the context of a “New Individual Economy” was futuristic upon its publication in 2006. Currently the employer federation MEDEF is proposing that a SIRET number, a business identification number, be assigned to every French citizen at their birth. The value of beings becomes the set of their “individual characteristics”—their health, their humor, their beauty, their know how, their relations, their “social skills,” their imagination, their creativity, and so on. That’s the theory, and the reality, of “human capital.” The value field has incorporated so many dimensions that it has become a complex space. It’s become the whole ensemble of the socially sayable, legible, and visible.

The dumb fucking 18th century liberal thinkers that the founders pretended to agree with as a justification for skipping taxes. Found a country on greed and leveller mentality and guess what you get?

Anglo mentality, very dire social conditioning by WASP rulers, low IQ among colonialist masses, rampant shift from class-based society to pseudo-egalitarian one

>A planetary generalization of liberal democracy was announced but what is generalizing instead are “the electoral insurrections” against it and its hypocrisy, as the liberals bitterly complain. Zone after zone, the fragmentation of the world continues, unceremoniously and without interruption. And this is not just an affair of geopolitics. It’s in every domain that the world is fragmenting, it’s in every domain that unity has become problematic. Nowadays there is no more unity in “society” than there is in science.

Baudrillard's America and Adorno's culture industry is all you need.

>But it’s no accident if those people see themselves systematically obstructed, are systematically kept out of the loop, punished, bullied, eventually ostracized, with the complicity of all the “realists” who keep their mouths shut. These choice victims of the institution have a hard time understanding its double talk, and what is really being asked of them. Their fate is to always be treated there as killjoys, as rebels, and to be endlessly surprised by that.

This epidemic really began in its earnest in the 1980s. If you look before the 80s, you'll struggle to find anyone who's at all like this.
What was the cause? I'm not sure myself, but I believe the type of media and technology that began to emerge in the 1980s is a partial reason why. Big Hollywood blockbusters, 80s music, 80s TV shows, the emergence of video games, and then the internet.

2nd volume of Democracy in America

just about every developed country has these types of people. why dont you read pavlov and freud. its the lesser studied effects of technology. you didnt listen and its too late of course.

What kind of purgatory have I been foisted into? Hell almost seems pleasant compared to this Gray Death. I enjoy the conveniences and escapisms of America as much as anyone else, but this-- absolutely horrendous. We've been sold faux rugged individualism in a brightly colored consumerist package.
I feel sorry for the woman on the front right; she knows she's made a huge mistake coming to this social media gathering. You can see it in her timid face.
I might need to detox from the internet for awhile; my despair meter is maxed out.

*washes his hands without soap and water*

Jesus, even the dog is fat and useless.

America - Baudrillard

I mean, the dog is right next to the only non-overweight adult present. Maybe the only reason she's not fat is that the dog is eating everything.

Godlesness.
Not a book, that's why they're like this

Oh a lot of people. I seem to remember people like Deleuze, Guattari, Gramsci and other marxists saying that they would defeat capitalism by destroying the culture of capitalist countries for instance.

I'm not a Marxist but capitalism itself destroys culture.

they look like sims

>that guy with literal autism and fucking khaki cargo shorts
>that obese woman holding a mulatto child
>that balding hypermutt
kino

The thing has no willpower. Shitty, useless people ruined a beautiful, natural animal. Fuck humanity.

*Fuck Anglos

Prove it. i gave example of people actively trying to destroy western culture in the timeframes in which western culture was destroyed. You say it was capitalism; ok. Show who did it and How.

>reddit = america

Post modernism, growing disbelief in religion, impeity and general rising immorality

It's just poor people. Developed countries give low IQ poor people access to plenty of food and shelter and this is the result you get.

How is it possible that there is a qtpie that is on here always, maybe posting in her cute panties sometimes?

:3

Tocqueville - democracy in america

The Bible Henry Ford translation

based

Biggest fucking camel toe eva

>capitalism rewards mob mentality
>most people are stupid
>stupid people buy shit products and shit art
>oh wow our culture is now based on Harry Potter and Nintendo switch
Explain how this is not the fault of capitalism?

Unironically "whiteness", a complete fabrication that could only gain power by erasing existing ethnic distinctions. Leaves people unrooted and disconnected from the land, there is no organic American identity, it's all signifiers. Give it another 2 or 3 centuries and we might see significant progress towards ending this problem, though that might involve forced miscegenation if we don't want to go down the ethnic cleansing route

(even the African American community greatly suffers from forced homogenization and unrootedness, but that's an entirely different matter)

Attached: wjefijwef.png (1200x1200, 710K)

Kapital