My girlfriend told me I need to stop reading DFW and Houllebecq because of their racism and inherent misogyny...

My girlfriend told me I need to stop reading DFW and Houllebecq because of their racism and inherent misogyny. What do I do, Yea Forums?

Attached: 5266C6BC-D623-4B16-AD72-9DE636212E75.png (1127x685, 37K)

Do you really have a girlfriend

Tell her she's valid on her opinions but you think its harmless.

Pretend you are considering her shit opinions and change nothing

This is the best way OP

Tell her that you only read their works to better understand how misogynists/racists think, so that you may criticize them from an informed position.

DFW is racist/misogynistic? Explain please, I kinda want to read his stuff now

Attached: F43486D3-D51F-4193-995C-5EA987BBE0A4.jpg (600x622, 60K)

Did she read their works to say something like that?

Tell her that she's not dictating to you what you can and can't read as if she were your mother.

Tell her that access to her holes is actually pretty low on your list of priorities and that her presence near you is merely more than a vague distraction to fight off your perpetual boredom.

read them in secret

>pushed the poet and memoirist Mary Karr from a moving vehicle.
>threw a coffee table at Karr, breaking it
>tried to pay Karr for the destroyed table and demanded shards of the table to keep.
>stalked Karr and punched out her car window.
>assaulted a student during a creative writing class he was teaching.

you should fucking body slam her

>he's a misogynist because treated one woman like shit and maybe said mean things to another
those are rookie numbers kid

as a black man, this

That just makes him an asshole which was pretty clear already, being violent towards someon isn’t misogynistic just because that person is a woman

Tell her you'll read whoever the fuck you want, she's not your mother. Besides, and feel free to tell her this, if you give in to her shit tests she'll lose respect for you anyway. Tell her you'll stop reading DFW when she stops watching Netflix or gay reality TV shows about slutty starlet wannabes.

DFW sucks by the way, stick to Houellebecq.

based and healthy-communication pilled

Find a new girlfriend. If you were to have a son with her she'd make him be a basedboy or tranny.

read Schopenhauer and Esther Vilar

Nice.

Wait what was so racist and sexist about Wallace anyways? He was an asshole of great proportions sure, but the sexism/racism accusations feel a little unfair, he treated everybody like shit, not just women and minorities

>I have a gf, lit.
They’re going to advise you to keep warping your brain. Don’t listen to them.

Absolutely based.

Assert your dominance over her.
Women have nonreal opinion, They will submit to their man's opinions every time If he just dicks them hard and righteously enought and shows no sign of changing his mind just Because She insists or dares trying to deny him sex.
They are horny little things. When they say "do This or I'll never let You fuck again" they are saying "TEST ME, I WILL YELD."

Start reading Celine.

If only your balls were as magnificent as your digits op.
It truly saddens me that digits such as those were wasted on a pushover such as yourself.

Tie her up and blindfold her and tease her with icecubes and hot candlewax and sharp objects and little kisses and then bring her to repeated orgasm with a vibrator and/or dildo and then eventually slip your cock into her wettened cunt and grab her throat and thrust away.

A man after my own heart.

I've spent most of the day watching Frasier and drinking Glenmorangie from the bottle.

Shine on crazy diamond.

Dump the bitch THE END

Attached: 1564350001997.png (275x275, 125K)

dfw was racist?

I laughed--not sure why, but I did.

Tell her to disassociate the author, and/or artist from his works.

What kind of supreme cocksucker lets someone dictate what they're allowed to read? Tell her to respect your boundaries, assert yourself.

You know what to do with her

Attached: download.jpg (190x265, 11K)

This is just the sort of guy who says he's a male feminist tho.

Attached: images.jpg (209x241, 9K)

Continue reading what you like, just put it in a Ta-Nehisi Coates dust jacket.

The racism part is based off of one section of Infinite Jest that does not even mention race, people assumed the poor speech patterns where a mockery of blacks. It really says more about the readers who make that claim.

Did anyone at all make any claims to this effect while he was alive? Karr says that only constitutes about 2% of what Wallace did and insinuates that there were much worse things but never says what they are, is there any proof, a police report or anything? I am skeptical on this one, some shit probably did happen, but I suspect it was not as bad as she implies. I do not really care either way, I am just curious and would like to know more about DFW.