How do you guys deal with procrastination?

Attached: 1427320981639.png (1548x1468, 121K)

>...We can clarify this distinction with two different paradoxes of self-reference which were both developed along the same subject, a map of England.
>First, there was an accurate map of England, on which were marked all the objects in England. including the map itself, in diminished scale, on which they had to mark the map, etc., in bad infinity. This type of self-reference (which is today mainly familiar in the form of television pictures which are reflected by the television) is an example of Hegel's bad infinity; the giddiness triggered by this vicious cycle is far removed from the 'proper' infinity which is only approached by the other version of this paradox, which we encounter – where else – in Lewis Carroll: the English decided to make an exact map of their country, but they were never completely successful in this endeavor. The map grew ever more enlarged and complicated, until someone proposed that England itself could be used as a map – and it still serves this purpose well today.... This is Hegel's 'proper' infinity; the land itself is its own map, its own other – the flight into bad infinity does not come to an end when we reach the unattainable final link in the chain but when we recognise instead that the first link is its own other.
There's more.

I accept it.

Then you become a NEET. I want to avoid that.

Three days late on an assignment, I'm losing marks as I write this and I can't bring myself to care about this busywork that I'm PAYING other people to do

source

being a student in modern acedemia is erotically masochistic whereby you derive satisfaction and worth from getting METAPHORICALLY FUCKED IN THE ASS and paying for it in years of your life both temporal and financial, possibly also spiritual

Can someone explain this?

When I start to procrastinate I start beating myself until I become productive again. Luckily, I know my weak spots and hit hard as fuck, so usually I feel the pain before I even know I’m procrastinating.

i like to watch interviews of my favorite people in similar fields. look at pictures or videos of things you want, could be anything really. take a walk or exercise. read something else. paint. at the end of the day what you really want to do will present itself. also sometimes, just forcing yourself to do it will net you great benefits.

I started to get shit done when I got rid of my phone and laptop, only carry a notebook and watch
I do this but with my wife

OK I will probably do both of these.

No.
Yes:
>From there we can also derive the position of the subject (in the sense of the subject of the signifier): if the land is its own map, if the original is its own model, if the thing is its own sign; then there is no positive, actual difference between them, though there must be some blank space which distinguishes the thing from itself as its own sign, some nonentity, which produces from the thing its sign – that 'nonentity', that 'pure' difference, is the subject.... Here we have the difference between the order of the sign and the order of signifier: from the sign we may obtain the signifier by including in the chain of signs 'at least one' sign which is not simply removed from the designated thing, but marks the point at which the designated thing becomes its own sign.

i read once that the root of procrastination has to do with not dealing with underlying emotional responses to certain situations. i tried examining myself to see why i was procrastinating in general after reading that. i knew that i've had a fear of failure for a long time, but didn't quite connect the dots between procrastination and that fear. whenever i didn't make time to play piano, i justified it by already being frustrated at the supposed lack of progress that i'd make at the piano. it got worse for academic work: although i didn't have a procrastination problem per se, writing papers was like pulling teeth. it was likely because my actual academic confidence was so low, due to a professor who always tried to undermine me and put me down. writing papers made me think about that professor, and i internalized much of what they had said. so i started to address--internally--some of the blocks that i had set up for myself, and that's done much more good than just trying to muster up the bare energy to do something or, worse, beat myself up for being hesitant in the first place.

something to think about. good luck.

Attached: penny sleeping.jpg (3264x2448, 1.26M)

i ditched my smart phone entirely and have a flip phone. probably the best $100 i've spent in my entire life.

digital technology is the enemy of attention. nothing has been so successful at capturing our attention, only to diffuse it.

I learned that procrastination is an excuse to indulge in idelness and unproductive leisure, these engender frustration because they dont match up with the ideal "You" you wish to become,, frustration ends up distilled in zealous conviction in unrealistic goals, these lead to failure, this new failure brings upon disappointment, and that disappointment makes you loose sight of your goals, and once again indulgence In an unproductive leisure.

Attached: KuritaTechPog.png (1365x763, 1.28M)

i'll tell you about it later

oh you

Geez louise I hate this kind of pseud shit. I bet this guy huffs his own farts.

heh

tomorrow ;)

It's ok to admit you don't understand it.

Your setting yourself up for failure by pretending complicated things are "pseud".

>Your

It's literally just rambling about representation and association.

Please, tell me, what did that paragraph say that changed your life or how you view things practically, in the real world?

Fucking kek