So, was he a cockroach, type of beetle, or some kind of monstrous abomination that was a combination of human and bug?

So, was he a cockroach, type of beetle, or some kind of monstrous abomination that was a combination of human and bug?
I know its probably not supposed to be the main focus but I'm just curious.

Attached: download.jpg (408x408, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/149492746
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>in Kafka's letter to his publisher of 25 October 1915, in which he discusses his concern about the cover illustration for the first edition, he uses the term Insekt, saying: "The insect itself is not to be drawn. It is not even to be seen from a distance."

it was an ambiguous bug

you're an ambiguous bug

In the story, the cleaning lady calls him dungbeetle. That's why I'm curious.
There are also a few who think he's not even really an insect but people just see him as less than human for his inabilty to be useful. A parasite so to say.

Attached: 1505697697265.gif (300x300, 471K)

He turned into a turk

Stop.

Would you see it as a bit of a doomer story? At least in terms of alienation.

an Ungeziefer

I hate you

Nabokov would consider each one of you totally unworthy of having an opinion.

Hey sen, sonunda uyandın. Sınırı geçmeye çalışıyordun, değil mi? Bizimle aynı oradaki hırsızı gördü. Lanet olsun sana Stormcloaks. Skyrim siz gelene kadar iyiydi. İmparatorluğu güzel ve tembeldi. Seni aramasalardı, o atı çalıp Hammerfell'in yarısına kadar gidebilirdim. Ordasın. Sen ve ben - burada olmamalıyız. İmparatorluğun istediği Fırtına pelerini. Artık hepimiz kardeşiz, hepimiz bağdaşız, hırsız. Kes sesini oraya! Ve onun nesi var? Sözlerine dikkat et! Gerçek Yüksek Kral Ulfric Stormcloak ile konuşuyorsun. Ulfric? Windhelm'in Jarl'i? Sen isyanın liderisin. Ama eğer seni yakaladılarsa ... Tanrım, bizi nereye götürüyorlar? Nereye gittiğimizi bilmiyorum ama Sovngarde bekliyor. Hayır, bu olamaz! Bu olmaz! Hey, hangi köydensin, at hırsızı? Neden umurunda? Bir Nord'un son düşünceleri evden olmalıdır. Rorikstead. Ben ... ben Rorikstead'denim.

General Tullius, efendim. Komiser bekliyor. İyi. Üstesinden gelelim! Shor, Mara, Dibella, Kynareth, Akatosh. Divines, lütfen bana yardım et. Ona bak. Askeri Vali General Tullius. Görünüşe göre Thalmor da yanında. Lanet olası elfler. Bahse girerim bununla bir ilgisi var.

Bu Helgen. Buradan bir kıza karşı tatlıydım. Acaba Vilod hâlâ bu ardıç meyvelerini karıştırıp karıştırıyor mu? Komikken ... çocukken, İmparatorluk duvarları ve kuleleri kendimi güvende hissettirirdi.

Onlar kim baba? Nereye gidiyorlar? İçeri girmen gerek, küçük yavru. Niye ya? Askerleri izlemek istiyorum. Evin içinde. Şimdi.

Neden duruyoruz? Neden düşünüyorsun? Yolun sonu. Hadi gidelim. Tanrılar bizi bekletmesin.

The descriptions in the story are deliberately vague and contradictory and don't match any known creature. Gregor is a creature that can only exist in the written word.

If you're looking for a definitive answer for this in a Kafka story you're a fucking stupid dungbeetle.

Nabokov was a filthy fanfic writer who can go fuck himself.

Attached: nabokov_on_kafka.jpg (526x784, 102K)

Why? I asked a question.

Isnt that just german for Insect

humans aren't that different from bugs really

Or rather creepycrawlers

>creepycrawlers
Maybe, creepycrawlies is specifically insects and arachnids and that sort of thing in English to my mind, it German it refers to things like mice too. I would say calling a mouse a creepycrawly is incorrect English. Vermin is the closest term in terms of what it refers to, so things you'd call an exterminator for.

Isn't it all supposed to be some sort of metaphor?

Attached: 200.jpg (336x499, 38K)

For puberty, yes.

So a bug-human abomination basically?

In a capitalist society especially.
I do remember some type of old adage drawn from protestant work ethic about how ants are kind of like the noblelest creatures and the quintessential example of what good work ethic should be.

>Puberty
Are you retarded?
Gregor is clearly a grown man. He's at the end of young adult hood at worst.
It's clearly a metaphor for life in a society where your humanity is defined by only how useful you are to those around you and perhaps the meaning of ones identity.

So basically an unwanted parasite of some sort is all you should picture?

probably calls him a dungbeetle because she's a cleaning lady

Fair enough. There is the literal and possiblly figurative fact that he doesn't even attempt to answer to that name.

based

no u

Dont get people who say this shit.

I remember passages about him crawling on the wall and scuttling underneath the furniture. He was clearly a beetle like creature. I imagined something like those cockroaches in fallout 3

He's clearly correcting the translation here: "monsterous vermin" is the literal translation of the German, and he's switched the erroneous "gigantic" out for the proper "monstrous".

The metamorphism of the title is of his adolescent younger sister. Gregor Samsa is not the main character, merely the viewpoint character, and is only relevant to the plot by his absence. He never really changes inwardly, while his sister does. Have you never read the story?

Remember the part where he cranes his long neck to reach the doorknob. How many beetles have long necks?

P.S. Consider for example Gregor's photograph and his sister's violin. What do these objects mean?

>I imagined something like those cockroaches in fallout 3
Truly a well read and deeply thinking scholar.

>He never really changes inwardly
He dies, pretty big change.

Gregor turned into a cutie named Greta, and everyone else saw him as a horrible tranny. Such is life!

Attached: f.jpg (1500x1061, 183K)

This story is about NEETs

It's means vermin

If this is your first question after reading that book you're a turbopleb

Not really. He's a static character.

I fucking hate all of you for having the worst takes on Kafka since Camus

Camus did a pretty good job talking about the castle and you would know it if you'd have actually read the book.

In what way? His point that Kafka fails as an absurd creator because The Castle is too hopeful and takes the leap isn't remotely supported by the actual novel. Nothing about K.'s quest has a shred of hope in it.

He almost loses himself to his new found bug fancies like garbage rather than real food and crawling on the ceiling rather than on his bed or at his desk(which prompts his sister to, though erroneously,
take out his things). And by the end he gives up on the prospect of ever belonging with his family again.

That's an interesting perspective you have there, but i don't think it works that well.
She's definitely a prominent character but clearly this story is mostly about Gregor. Metamorphosis doesn't mean turn into a butterfly in this case...well at least not solely. You can maybe argue that both undergo a metamorphosis in their own way, Gregor at the beginning literally and she at end.

Is that...is that actually Greta fan art? Please tell me it's not...

It's not my first question faggot,so stop making assumptions. I clearly said, "i know it's not supposed to be the main focus" didn't I?

Ok, what's your take then, user? Educate us.

I fucking hate theories like this

How new?
vimeo.com/149492746

Wait, it's with motherfucking Russian fandumb. Everyone, please report the video.