Since I've started reading non-fiction seriously it became more and more difficult to endure the idiotic...

Since I've started reading non-fiction seriously it became more and more difficult to endure the idiotic political/philosophical comments of my friends/acquaintance/family.

Should I just shut up and not react to shit like "Ben Shapiro is an absolute genius" or just get new friends? Problem is I'm way too dumb and socially isolated/autistic to meet actual intellectuals.

How the fuck do you guys put up with the insanities you can hear in everyday life?

Attached: zizek-ideology.jpg (900x830, 254K)

>How the fuck do you guys put up with the insanities you can hear in everyday life?
That's easy, just die inside.

No matter if its anime or philosophy the answer is the same; hide your fucking powerlevel.

Look at old people, they are all extreme comformists. They have lot of life experience and figured out what works and what doesnt. Stop being special snowflake faggot

>"Ben Shapiro is an absolute genius"
Did someone actually say that? These are dark times.

>Guys the people in my village have AIDS how do I avoid AIDS
>Look at what people in your village do. They get AIDS and just have AIDS. Stop being such a fucking snowflake get AIDS.

what

how can a reply be so extreme and so mundane at the same time, it's like you're extremely radically committed to doing what is mundane for mundaneness' sake

Any friends of yours who think Shapiro is genius need putting in their place. Do so, or sever ties with such fools.
I need to practice speaking to friends and family too. Some people can be saved. We have to try.

At some point I'd like to actually share ideas and not just read books, I mean... shitposting on Yea Forums only goes so far.

Most boomers and old people I've met are politically retarded, sure, some of them have an interesting insight on life, but a lot of them are completely alienated and incapable of critical thinking. I won't even talk of boomers and their obsession with television and Facebook.

I wish I was making that shit up.

You should realise that, while you try to be smart, they just try to be.

Do you live in Vancouver? I need a Yea Forums friend to lurk about coffee shops and talk about Plato and Chinese money with

I argue against myself in trying to convince that they're right. I do so because I couldn't bear it if it was the other way around. In case I my perspective on things people comment is more accurate that would mean do face the consequences (confrontation, the risk of failure and ridicule, Burning bridges etc.)

I'm in Europe unfortunately.

>How the fuck do you guys put up with the insanities you can hear in everyday life?

I try to reduce things to one sentence. If I've read a 700 pages book, I will throw in a sentence that will resonate with people who are familiar with the topic. If it resonates I'm opening up, if not, I'm not going to talk about a 700 pages book while the other party's arguments are based on a YouTube video.

I will talk about the book if I like the person though, but not in a way that will make them feel stupid for not reading it or in any way uncomfortable. I see it as an communicative achievement if the other person can get information out of me that I've spent hours investigating. I'm not a charity after all.

I also avoid situations where someone can ask me a tricky questions in order to provoke me to start "thinking" about a topic or whatever they call it. I think those are a sign of insecurity. That's not a conversation, nor helpful, you are literally quizzing someone.

I think that everyone is smarter than we think and I don't like being in a role where I'm the person who's task it is to educate the world.

Most of the things you'll hear in connection with Ben Shapiro and the likes are a byproduct of depression. Maybe not a full fledged depression but there are nuances that I notice because I've been there. If you see thing a little bit clearer you don't get hung up on those things.

There's a part in the beginning of Balzac's "Illusions perdues" where he sneaks in the sentence that the "unknowns" revenge the low status of their position with the pride of their way of looking at things.

Zizek and Shapiro are the same side

First, you need to understand that normies typically work 8+ hours a day, plus have other activities and don't have time to read philosophy and whatnot.
Second, even if they have the time, they might not have the curiosity and the mental discipline required. The vast majority of people throughout history were not intellectuals.

Also, don't think that if you met people who knew stuff you'd just get along with them. Many smart and educated people aren't that fun to be around.

Some more "practical" advice: don't be too much in your head and focused on words and arguments, relax and focus on the subconscious/emotional undertones instead. What kind of relationships do you want? Do you want to be friends with those people? That's an emotion you can focus on and project and people will generally react to it positively, no matter which exact words you say.
Keep your autistic intellectual stuff for specific occasions, maybe some online friends. Write a blog, make videos...

Also, I don't know where you are in terms of intellectual/political development. If you're getting triggered by Ben Shapiro fans, chances are you're just scratching the surface and need to read more and expand your horizons.

Thanks for the answers anons

where?

>maintain your prole side and be "intellectual" on the side in rare specific occasions

fuck yourself normie uncle tom

France

I know France has been getting more and more Americanized, but is it really that bad? People actually know who Ben Shapiro is?

What DO normies talk about?

Cool. I hope you find new friends.
If not try to present new ideas to your current friends as simple as possible in the hopes of sparking an interest.

Mostly loners who spend too much time on that kind of stuff, but it's very "underground" here, most people wouldn't know who the fuck Shapiro is.

Do most people know Alain de Benoist?

Thanks friend, I'll try.

Not really, he's pretty much unknown outisde of the far-right circles.

I live in North Van user, and would be your friend but am too busy being a Dad these days. Just letting you know you aren't alone and there are non norms out there.