Opinions on this? Does this have any valuable insights?

Opinions on this? Does this have any valuable insights?

Attached: 764BCEDE-D275-4069-BFB0-A8C467F0CED6.jpg (306x499, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/ebooks/7864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It spends the first several pages introducing about 34 different characters, but then it's only 2 characters talking. One of which is making good points, saying war isn't good, but then Krishna starts saying that's nonsense, and that the body doesn't die, therefore you don't have to worry about killing others or yourself, and also one track mindedness is good, and ignoring earthly pleasures. It's pretty reprehensible.

so you just skimmed what others have said about it and packaged it up into this pitiful review? Abhorrent. Never post again.

I've been reading it, actually.

>Therefore stand up; win glory; conquer the enemy; rule. Already I have struck them down; you are just my instrument, Arjuna.
Is there a more based religious text?

Give it a complete read then.

satanic drivel. read the bible NOW

they say the mahabhrata was written by a dude who lived long before the events actually took place, the western historians find the dates all confusing

Everything Vedas related.
Faggot.

Attached: Schopenhauervedas.jpg (850x400, 56K)

>i am become op....sucker of dicks

>and that the body doesn't die
you meant soul, right?

I know he's memeing, but why is he wrong?

>Westerners

Krishna is not advocating murder, but following one's dharma, since Arjuna is a kshatriya, his dharma is to fight. In the context of the Mahabharata, he is fighting for the well-being of all, after each entreaty for peace hax been rejected by his enemies.
I only have a French translation a hand (beautiful and not well known) but in ch.XIII, v.8. Krishna advocates non-violence and adds that violence is ignorance.

like in every religious texts in existence you don't read the bhagavad gita like some literal formulas about people fitghting but as a book of metaphors relating about the human condition and the fights going on in people's brain in their relation to reality.

remember that taking things to the first degre make everythings more complicated

Attached: 1549777660203.jpg (603x767, 144K)

Pourrais-tu me donner le nom de la belle traduction que tu évoque s'il te plais ?

Borges liked it, aesthetically speaking, that is.

Merci à toi ami anonyme

Leur traduction de l'Ashtavakra Gita par Yves Baudron est aussi très belle.

Schopenhauer was an autistic orientalist who did not understand Dharmic religions

what he says in that picture isnt wrong though

Je prend note, bonne soirée

I skip I random thread and I stumble upon two translations of major hindu texts in my native language. This place is truly blessed sometimes.

Thanks anons, the both of you.

*I skip one

read the mahabharata

gutenberg.org/ebooks/7864

The Gita is from the Mahabharata you colossal faggot

If you're a whitey trying to get a grasp of Hinduism just read Ka by Roberto Calasso

upanishads
vedas
marahabharata
bhagavad gita

what should i read first?

the keystone of the Aryan Canon

No, the Gita is extremely based

Westernization of the brain, terminal stage.

Prabhupada was murdered by his envious followers (not condemning all of them. I've met like two iskconites i actually like)

He said 'Vedas related' though, the Gita is most definitely Vedas related as the Gita is largely based on Upanishadic teachings and the Upanishads are a part of the Vedas.

>Does this have any valuable insights?
just read the pre-Hindu Nikayas

What translation should I read?

Swami Prabhavananda traduction

Why do that when you could just read the pre-Buddhist Upanishads and find the same insights there lol

The Nikayas are not pre-Hindu you moron

It's shit. I don't get people's obsessions with Hindu literature, most of it is mystic bullshit and has zero value besides mental masturbation especially if you're not religious.
t. Indian

I recommend reading the commentaries on the Gita by some of the classical and medieval-era Hindu philosophers such as Adi Shankara, Ramanuja, Abhinavagupta, Dyaneshwar etc. It can be good to read a modern translation first designed to explain all the terminology for people new to Hinduism but once you've gotten past that stage the various commentaries written by the famous Hindu philosophers are wonderful and illuminating to read

Are you a shudra?

Ignore this fat he's a new age libtard which we call librandu who pretends to mirror western views since he thinks foreigners are superior and in thinking like them will gain their acceptance

Very valuable insights. You should grab a good translation. I have read around 5 translations and the one by eknath easwaran was pretty good

Yes, the Quran.

based chhinammasta

I’m reading the Radhakrishnan translation right now. It is very insightful and he elaborates on most lines of the text. I will finish reading this and then I will move to the Easwaran translation. Im enjoying it very much so far and I feel it’s message is still very relevant

Attached: D03BD96E-6443-49AA-8E61-C63FEAA0C2E7.jpg (750x748, 64K)