What are some books about what it's like to live in America?

What are some books about what it's like to live in America?

Attached: 1501780655210.jpg (945x1368, 84K)

DFW wrotte plenty about what is to take a cruise with american people and how they approach pleasure and the fear of death in one book.
Other than that, Infinite Meme talks about the fear of failure and how overstimated sucess is, but it is way too much of a fat book to read if you are not interested in what drug culture is, so I'd take the other one instead.
It is only 200 pages or so too.

Mein Kampf

Attached: America.jpg (1538x2326, 371K)

on the road, in all seriousness

that girl was the hottest person in existence in that one Robyn Thicke video, but she is not actually that perfect

I feel you brother.

Infinite Jest is about way more than just drug culture, but I agree with the rest.
Anyone know more modern lit on the state of American culture? IJ is the most recent and actually good I know of and it was written 20 years ago.

rabbit run
last exit to brooklyn
generation x

White Noise by Don Delillois perfect at highlighting all the unspoken bizarre idiosyncrasies of middle-class suburban life

I watered it down because it covers way too many things superficially to list up, but the main fat is about sucess & the fear of failure, and how drug culture affects their characters. Two thirds of the characters are addicted to some kind of drug or alcohol, and the whole concavity/convexity is a whole metaphore about how addiction works with that space where shit generates more shit to solve it.
You could drop entretainment as another theme, but it is also treated as an addiction. Unless I missed anything through my read, that was the main point of the novel. Reading it to find anything else would be chewing through 1000 pages to find perhaps 10-20 worth pages on another topic.

I think that’s a size too small for her chesticles

H.D. Thoreau’s Walden
Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass and Memoranda
Emily Dickinson
Louisa May Alcott
Willa Cather
William Faulkner
Fscott Fitzgerald
Djuna Barnes
Robert Frost
Zane Grey
Sinclair Lewis
Gertrude Stein
Edith Wharton
Carson McCullers
John Steinbeck
John Updike
Jack Kerouac
Tom Wolfe
Carmax McCarthy
Joan Didion
... most of them, so I’m sure I missed plenty

Attached: 93100527-E233-428A-9111-FC9CF5EB71AD.png (830x1244, 866K)

Fat Land: How Americans Became the Fattest People in the World

>I think that’s a size too small for her chesticles
Because being a lesbian is a larp not a sexual preference?

>because
I’m drooling over this image, numb-nuts

Attached: burgerpunk.jpg (612x792, 214K)

It's really more of a myth than anything.

>Artemis cavorting inna-woods with her cadre of nymphs, stark naked. Man catches one glimpse of girl-on-girl action. Immediately dispatched with an arrow through the eye piercing the brain.

Yeah. Mythical

>Muh fairy tales are real life
You of all people should know better.

stop criticizing fairy tales
what will you read to your daughter at night?

Every time I see this girl I think how she must have traded beauty for the fucking ugliest belly button ever.

it cant have a daughter its a tranny

She has hairy armpits nowadays.

nice

Gross but fixable. You can teach a hairy woman to groom but you can rarely teach a fat woman to take care of herself.

Attached: 79A1DED8-E3A9-41B8-AE3F-A679CF56FE5A.jpg (510x771, 207K)

Unironically this.

Is this any good? I was turned off by its gaudy picturebook format and it seemed self-indulgent, but I like Baudrillard's essays.