What are the central philosophical concerns of our age?

What are the central philosophical concerns of our age?
What should a learned man, read in order to get an understanding into these concerns?

Attached: desolation-2921792_960_720.jpg (960x637, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Bible

>What are the central philosophical concerns of our age?
Transhumanism

Attached: 1483485925736.png (399x322, 42K)

Well, if not that, what are they then?

Incels and the consequences of their proliferation will have to be dealt with, one way or another.

Capital by Marx

Old news grandad

The transhuman question is the big deal for the next 200 years. Since Heiddeger has been implied and then, defined and amplified.

what if we were lied to since birth

Liberalism in that it won't go away.

Not really philosophical but this really is one of the unaddressed social topics of the day.

>old news
>capitalism well alive and thriving

Loooollll

Political philosophy is philosophy, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomie

Liberalism was a mistake.

Yeah I expressed that badly.

I guess what I mean to say is that the rise in incelism isn't really a topic that philosophy has all that much to say about in my opinion. I think the sexual revolution and its disasterous consequences needs incisive historical and cultural analysis that it has yet to receive from either side. It's such a colossal shift in our social norms that even its critics don't really appreciate
how much has changed, and I think we need to work out exactly how this situation came about before we start practically deciding what needs done about the sexual crisis

>I think the sexual revolution and its disasterous consequences needs incisive historical and cultural analysis that it has yet to receive from either side.

Are there even liberals who think it was a disaster? My experience is that they either claim it didn't happen and everyone was always super promiscuous or that it was super positive.

It's definitely concerning!

If history is anything to go by people will need a bloodbath to shock them into considering the consequences of their past decisions. Like with the Reich, the USSR, or the French Revolution, for example.

>Global warming and ecological destruction
>The further encroachment of the digital world into everyday life and consciousness
>The pedophile psychic vampires instigating the Human Instrumentality Project and ascending to a higher plain.

The bloodbath is never coming. Modern liberal capitalism has ensured that no violent uprisings will ever take place within its borders again

Even with all the digital soma, Capital can only keep the lid on for so long.

Few things are more intense in the universe than beta rage and ressentiment towards Chads.

>Human Instrumentality Project

Becoming one with everyone sounds so disgusting. Why would anyone want to do it?

Transhumanism, anthropocentrism, and, as always, nihilism. Everything else is passe to some degree, usually due to the speaker’s misreading or straight up ignorance.

The incels despise one another and will never coalesce into any sort of movement. An incel does not want to be an incel, is not proud of being an incel, does not wish to fraternize with other incels. An incel may hate Chad and Stacey but he will always want to be Chad and fuck Stacey, blackpill be damned. This is the basis of a series of isolated violent incidents not of a mass insurrection.

Even if they don't organize themselves, their reduced productivity due to lack of motivation, ressentiment, and overall nihilism will have a severe effect on economy, society, and politics.

No society gets to fuck that many untethered males with nothing to lose out of a family and not have severe repercussions.

But that’s a truism, no? Insofar as these are geneological processes that take place regardless of the master and slave. That could only ever be a matter of political science, psychology (and I do mean the run of the mill psych., not moral psychology, value theory, etc.), and history, not philosophy.

I suppose. I just don't see the digital soma keeping the incels out of business for long, just the way the promise of hell ( the institution of religion as a whole, since they were obviously in bed with the ruling classes ) for killing didn't hold back angry peasants from beheading their masters occasionally. I don't mean that in a "beta uprising" sort of way, because that would not work due to what he said But still, other groups will be happy to mobilize them for their own ends, like ISIS promises incel arabs virgins in the afterlife if they blow themselves up.

How many incels do you think there are?

God only knows, but there's many and their numbers keep rising by the day.

One only needs to take a look at their surroundings to notice who fucks, and who masturbates to the latest Asanagi H-doujin at night, and in what proportions do these two groups stand in relation to each other.

Heh, I think the worst part of the Sexual Revolution is that sexual hedonism doesn't lead to a happy life (even for those who are successful at it) and that it destroys families.

Soft hedonism. The surrender of self to the God of Easy Living and Rampant Stimulation.

ITT: Incels thinking their "problems" are interesting

Attached: 1493162751613.png (968x733, 206K)

Having sex

Fanged Noumena
Industrial Society and Its Future
Capitalist Realism
Living in the End Times
The Fourth Political Theory

there are none
all post-renaissance philosophy is useless and was created by useless people

Incels problems are clearly the most interesting thing in your life

>Dugin
Lol get stuffed

islamic reformation.

The biggest problem right now is trannies, anti natalists, and eco Jews.

Spirituality
Capital
Owning the SJWs

>trannies
Unironically the tranny problem is both symbolic and symptomatic of the wider societal degradation

Climate change. The tragic history of man that began 100,000 years ago reaches its climax with the decline of the West. Man's war on nature has been accelerating for thousands of years: in the Neolithic millenia passed without significance, with the rise of Egypt and Babylon every century becomes important. The second wave of human high culture in the Axial Age with the rise of Greece, India and China saw a further increase in tempo. All of human history has been leading up to the birth of Western civilization. The fifth act of the tragedy of man began with the industrial revolution; today, every year is important. The history of man has been the history of man's war on nature, and with the industrial revolution it entered its final, self destructive stage. The time of politics and culture is over, all concern today should be about reckoning with the apocalyptic demise of humanity.

Exactly the same problem as has been around for thousands of years.
All the other “concerns” posted itt are not philosophical

Well go on

how could i? It’s unsolved throughout time for good reason.

>I don't know what I'm talking about
Interesting

The Problem of Evil and it's solution

Attached: fuck this piece of shit.jpg (543x800, 136K)

the first two noble truths
>What should a learned man, read in order to get an understanding into these concerns?
the other two noble truths

Singulatarianism
Get cucked transtard

Don't worry, goyim. Yeshua's on his way back and will clean up the mess. Don't lift a finger (except to pray!).

>religion as social control
Back to Plebbit please

Hey guys I don't have anything to worry about, what should I be worrying about? Just fucking chill dude.

>obvious bait ofc, but
there are unironically “humans” like who live like that

Attached: 43666251-BB85-4A38-9558-7E852069029C.png (680x680, 188K)

>just another techno-accelerationist meme
yawn

The fact that suicide and anti-natalism are scorned upon while people scramble about like headless chickens naively trying to fix the world without realizing death = utopia

dude, just neck yourself already

Are you seriously implying that it wasn't used as such?

The ontological implications of cloning catgirls, as well as our ethical responsibilities toward them.

There it is

You chose to write that sentence instead of killing yourself, so who'se the real fucking coward here?

Anti-natalists are infinitely more degenerates than any fag, tranny, white-trash inbred or uneducated /pol/tard could ever hope to be.

Fite me.

I'm not heaping scorn, I genuinely want you to do it

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences

Post-capitalist aesthetics.

>genuinely thinking anyone is going to enter discourse with someone who suggests committing suicide but has not already done so

There is one far above all others:
Why can’t I get a girlfriend?

>Why can’t I get a girlfriend?
Either not trying, or ugly.

that I'm dying, albeit somehow slowly

Attached: dfw5.jpg (1420x1893, 383K)

>“You, most blessed and happiest among humans, may well consider those blessed and happiest who have departed this life before you, and thus you may consider it unlawful, indeed blasphemous, to speak anything ill or false of them, since they now have been transformed into a better and more refined nature. This thought is indeed so old that the one who first uttered it is no longer known; it has been passed down to us from eternity, and hence doubtless it is true. Moreover, you know what is so often said and passes for a trite expression. What is that, he asked? He answered: It is best not to be born at all; and next to that, it is better to die than to live; and this is confirmed even by divine testimony. Pertinently to this they say that Midas, after hunting, asked his captive Silenus somewhat urgently, what was the most desirable thing among humankind. At first he could offer no response, and was obstinately silent. At length, when Midas would not stop plaguing him, he erupted with these words, though very unwillingly: ‘you, seed of an evil genius and precarious offspring of hard fortune, whose life is but for a day, why do you compel me to tell you those things of which it is better you should remain ignorant? For he lives with the least worry who knows not his misfortune; but for humans, the best for them is not to be born at all, not to partake of nature’s excellence; not to be is best, for both sexes. This should our choice, if choice we have; and the next to this is, when we are born, to die as soon as we can.’ It is plain therefore, that he declared the condition of the dead to be better than that of the living.”
>Aristotle, Eudemus (354 BCE), surviving fragment quoted in Plutarch, Moralia, Consolatio ad Apollonium, sec. xxvii (1st cen. CE)(S.H. transl.)
Alternatively, Epicurus:
>But the many at one moment shun death as the greatest of evils, at another (yearn for it) as a respite from the (evils) in life. But the wise man neither seeks to escape life nor fears the cessation of life, for neither does life offend him nor does the absence of life seem to be any evil. And just as with food he does not seek simply the larger share and nothing else, but rather the most pleasant, so he seeks to enjoy not the longest period of time, but the most pleasant. And he who counsels the young man to live well, but the old man to make a good end, is foolish, not merely because of the desirability of life, but also because it is the same training which teaches to live well and to die well. Yet much worse still is the man who says it is good not to be born but once born make haste to pass the gates of Death. For if he says this from conviction why does he not pass away out of life? For it is open to him to do so, if he had firmly made up his mind to this. But if he speaks in jest, his words are idle among men who cannot receive them.

How much does one have to try to know for sure?

To be fair I still dont think we're over the whole death of God thing.

23% of Zoomers.

>gender
>race
>politics
>religion
>morality