Try-hard

try-hard.
uninspired.
bloated.

Attached: ligotti.jpg (327x499, 34K)

>bloated
Lol. How?

Why is Nabokov not able to appreciate writers that dont write exactly like him?

Attached: Spicy Meatball.webm (480x480, 2.89M)

Ligotti, Thomas. Dislike him.

>bloated
It's a collection of short stories

He is. He praised Tolstoy and Joyce.

The only thing I can imagine that he's referring to is that there are too many stories? But it's a combination of two books. Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe are two story collections that were originally published separately.

>imagine the smell

What the fuck man

this is unironically a sign of the apocalypse

These Ligotti stories are boring as shit, easily one of the most overrated Yea Forums recommendations

the stories themselves are bloated brainlets.

Attached: blet_tri.jpg (680x813, 70K)

Yeah but he also hated Dostoyevsky who is arguably the greatest Russian writer

Most of them are around 10 to 15 pages long.

hot

People often say that Pale Fire was intentionally superficial, can anyone explain why that is supposedly so?

Attached: 1561060956369.jpg (1007x1200, 62K)

Here's a story for you since you can't handle bloat:
baby shoes, never worn

Or a more relevant version for you:
For sale; XS Condoms, never used

>bloated
The premier pseud criticism

Yep. What a terrible recommendation.

Bought this very book, tried to force myself to read a couple times.
Can't get through any but the shortest stories.
No idea why he gets the praise he does.

What does that have to do with what you said? Your quote was:
>Why is Nabokov not able to appreciate writers that dont write exactly like him?
Even though he could and did. His views on Dostoyevsky are his personal preference, they have nothing to do with a lack of objectivity or any flaws in his judgement like you're trying to say.

I know you are but what am i?

>hurr it's his personal opinion, doesnt matter that his criticism is garbage
brainlet excuse

It's not for everyone. I think if you aren't on a similar psycho-philosophical wavelength then it won't mean much to you.

Yeah because I use XL and also I prefer raw

Pseuds don't understand that "bloat" is the sweet nectar of the written word. They're too used to breezy 90-minute films and they want literature to be the same.

AKA if you aren't a depressed ungrateful spiritual brat you'll find it tedious

If you were in as spiritually harmonious a state as you pretend, I doubt you would feel the need to make such childish insults.

He writes in a baroque prose. But his themes and structure are existential and post-modern. maybe OP means that it is purple prose and is derivative of HP Lovecraft and Arthur Macken which are clear influences. I still enjoyed it and there are some sick as fuck passages and ideas.

His whole philosophy is embarrassing mate I'm entitled to call it childish. The book itself is repetitive too, yeah mate we get it you've used the word ichorous and then something spooky happens, cool

My universal experience with this sort of response is that it is not a considered rejection but an emotional coping tactic. You'll deny it of course, but that's my take.

I forgive you and accept your apology

I haven't apologized to you for anything.

I forgive you

I am reading it atm. It had ups and downs but I think he at least tries to get some decent cosmic horror into his works rather than lame normie horror. Not sure if bait though. I think Ligotti has some very interesting books but his non fiction is better.

Hahaha I knew it would be an angry pleb pretending to be mad on some premise of aesthetic injustice, secretly just lashing out over their master's injury. Dostoevsky is enjoyable but mostly trash, if you're not very well read (or if he made an impression in your youth) you'll disagree.

Agreed.

>Dostoyevsky is trash because i said so
>if you disagree you dont read enough
pic related, it's you

Attached: Brainlet.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>because I said so
What happened to objectivity, how did I wind up in the pigshit of subjective art? Oh that's right! That's where you exist, in the pleb's stables of subjective "your opinion vs mine" namecalling instead of objective "X art vs Y art" recognition. Again, I can't restate it enough, you just don't know very much about literature or literary criticism at an artistic level. You're mostly a spectator.

>Dostoyevsky is objectively and scientifically shit
The only thing worse than an autist with shit taste is an autist who's so far on the spectrum that he cannot distinguish his own opinion from reality and then lashes out when people force him to differentiate between the two.

>objectivity
Why don't you show us those objective reasons why Dosto is shit so we can decide for ourselves just how "objective" they actually are?
Pro-tip: you won't.

Pleb.

>ah iz ubjegdiv n shiet

Attached: serveimage-9.jpg (480x480, 18K)