Why does Yea Forums praise Blood Meridian so much? Look at this hack writing

Why does Yea Forums praise Blood Meridian so much? Look at this hack writing.

Attached: firefox_ABvPa5yc9s.png (542x124, 32K)

What is wrong with that passage, it's highly effective imagery

Blood Meridian has great writing. The excerpt you posted isn't even egregious.

>They camped that night on the foreplain at the foot of a talus slope and the murder that had been reckoned upon took place. The white man Jackson had been drunk in Janos and he had ridden red-eyed and sullen for two days through the mountains. He now sat disheveled by the fire with his boots off drinking aguardiente from a flask, circumscribed about by his companions and by the cries of wolves and providence of night. He was sitting so when the black approached the fire and threw down his apishamore and sat upon it and fell to stoking his pipe.

>There were two fires in this camp and no rules real or tacit as to who should use them. But when the white man looked to the other fire he saw that the Delawares and John McGill and the new men in the company had taken their supper there and with a gesture and a slurred oath he warned the black away.

>Here beyond men's judgements all covenants were brittle. The black looked up from his pipebowl. About that fire were men whose eyes gave back the light like coals socketed hot in their skulls and men whose eyes did not, but the black man's eyes stood as corridors for the ferrying through of naked and un-rectified night from what of it lay behind to what was yet to come. Any man in this company can sit where it suits him, he said.

>The white man swung his head, one eye half closed, his lip loose. His gunbelt lay coiled on the ground. He reached and drew the revolver and cocked it. Four men rose and moved away.

>You aim to shoot me? said the black.

>You dont get your black ass away from this fire I'll kill you graveyard dead.

>He looked to where Glanton sat. Glanton watched him. He put the pipe in his mouth and rose and took up the apishamore and folded it over his arm.

>Is that your final say?

>Final as the judgement of God.

>The black looked once more across the flames at Glanton and then he moved away in the dark. The white man uncocked the revolver and placed it on the ground before him. Two of the others came back to the fire and stood uneasily. Jackson sat with his legs crossed. One hand lay in his lap and the other was outstretched on his knee holding a slender black cigarillo. The nearest man to him was Tobin and when the black stepped out of the darkness bearing the bowieknife in both hands like some instrument of ceremony Tobin started to rise. The white man looked up drunkenly and the black stepped forward and with a single stroke swapt off his head.

sounds kino. OP is a faggot.

literally nothing wrong about it

he he he he he he
Thats not how english is written. Its distracting.

what?

Attached: 1551370846777.jpg (766x630, 73K)

too many "he"s

I never noticed it before. I kinda like it. Makes it sound Bible-like. And you have to use pronouns in English, anyway, unlike say, Spanish.

as an esl i really like it, but i also like hemingway so i might just be gay

not how modern English is written, but it was written to reflect the structure of the King James Bible

dilate, we will never write xe you darn'd sjw

it was written to look and sound good, and I enjoy it. Great prose.

op passage reads as hemmingway pastiche

>and with a single stroke swapt off his head.
yeah he took a dude's head off with one swing of a bowie. sounds reasonable

I don't know, you can get some pretty big bowieknifes

Attached: 81iKBahfvJL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 35K)

Can one of you explain to me the significance of the idiot in this story? The judge takes a special interest in him but I dont know if hes supposed to symbolize something or what.

>0 arguments
as expected. so it stands: blood meridian is fucking shit.

people underestimate how hard it is to fully sever one's head. even things like the guillotine weren't always clean. go watch some beheading videos on liveleak and you'll see what i mean

I mean, listening to the audiobook changed the entire story for me desu, the. Narrator was fucking grade A western sounding cowboy, excellent in changing voice inflections and cadence to keep track of unique characteristics of the men.

god I wish pseuds didn't try reading

I always feel that the guys in those videos are being kind of dumbasses though. I think a good butcher with a good butcher's knife could do it in one hit. When I butcher meat that has bones in it I can still sever the whole piece in one swing and Im not a butcher.

no, your argument is shit

Jesus.

>In the end, the real Blood Meridian was the friendships we made along the way
I get it's a classic and all, but what a strange way to end it

Even that quote is fine, what the fuck are you talking about OP? Cormac McCarthy's imagery is second to none.