Top 30 Picture Books

Praise be to Ahura Mazda!
And His Benevolent Light.

As the Saoshyant, here are my top 30 picture books. It was created by the aid of Ahura Mazda. From my Vohu Mainyu, I share it with you. After all, I will soon take the place of Jesus as the true Messiah and read you all picture books from massive projections of my face on skyscrapers. Sometimes when you immerse your mind deeply into them, Ahura Mazda whispers into your ears, "HUMATA HŪXTA HUVARŠTA".

Some notes on this list:
>I cannot read German, so I picked a random title from Fritz Baumgarten. He is good though.
>I have looked up Margaret Tarrant's works online, so I picked a random title from it.
>I tried to give a diverse list of writers and artists, so I picked one of each. However, two books illustrated by Jim LaMarche appear
>I did not add any Dr. Seuss because everyone knows him. He's fine though.
>Emily Winfield Martin and Eric Carle are trash artists
>I do not like Maurice Sendak and not for antisemitic reasons. There are many good Jewish picture book artists, but I do not like Maurice Sendak who I think is secretly a pedophile.
>I actually like David Wiesner's Tuesday more than Flotsam, but for some odd reason, I picked Flotsam because Ahura Mazda told me to. David Wiesner is a cool dude.

Attached: picture_books_top_30.jpg (912x2896, 1.09M)

>Forgot to mention I like Gyo Fujikawa a lot too, but she will always be #31.
>Anyways, Matt de la Pena is a piece of shit, and if you are reading this, then go to the House of Lies.

Indeed, I love this list. I can sense great wisdom in it. Perhaps, you are the one? Thank you for showering this wisdom upon me. I now know what I must do in order to purify and rid myself of all defilement. No more Ligotti, no more de Sade... I must purify myself with these books of Ahura Mazda.

Wow, I am astounded. What an unexpected response! Verily, this must be the work of Ahura Mazda. I am glad my message is getting out there. I pray you may experience the light of Spenta Mainyu once more. Yes, I know, many of you were lost in druj, but now is the time you walk the path of asha by reading books of light. Also, be sure you read the Gathas to help purify your mind of all defilement.

Attached: the light.jpg (613x843, 102K)

I used to believe everything was meaningless and gray, that there was no divine spark in this world. I read Comte de Lautréamont, de Sade, Bataille, Ligotti, Pessoa, Leopardi, Mishima, and much more. I surrounded myself with sadism and nihilism. However, after reading your list, I can once more feel the voice of god crawl back into me. Maybe this is a message? Who are you? I must drop my evil ways and follow your message. Maybe I was unknowingly being a pawn of Ahriman until now?

Indeed, you were a pawn of Ahriman. You only looked into the Abyss, into the House of Lies, and you fooled yourself into believing all of reality was like that. Listen to my words, for I will offer you a sermon!

This world is a battleground of light and darkness, and the wise pick the light and become paladins! And what is the light, you ask?

It is to follow the path of wisdom, generosity, and loving-kindness. This is called Asha. And those who pick up the sword in the name of Truth and Wisdom are blessed as paladins, and those who meditate in the woods with compassion, become one with the Transcendent Light.

You were following the path of druj before. You were letting greed, hatred, and delusion obscure your vision into seeing all of life as meaningless. But this changes now, you must change your ways of purify yourself.

"HUMATA HŪXTA HUVARŠTA" should be your slogan.

This is gay.

Shut the fuck up, daeva. Go to the House of Lies! Begone! The light exists to banish the darkness! They are not two sides of the same coin!

I now see the error of my ways now. I apologize. I must, indeed, promptly run to the kitchen and gut myself, for I bring nothing but darkness and despair to this world. I have done some horrible things, hence why I called your magnificent and glorious list gay. Now please, excuse me, as I take a trip to the House of Lies.

I am a man of compassion, a man of Asha. Vengeance is not the way. It is best to change your path now and become a man of light. It is not too late. You must change your behavior starting today lest you suffer for eons in the House of Lies.

Is it bad to read or write horror stories?
I really like this list.
I just felt like asking.
Thanx.

It is not bad so long as you maintain recognition that you are confronting Angra Mainyu. Do not yield to the temptation to fetishize the darkness. Instead, increase awareness of the darkness whilst also charging up the light within your mind. The goal is to be strong and ward off the darkness while sustaining and cultivating the light within oneself. After all, you must become a paladin of Ahura Mazda.

Thank you for your response. You are, indeed, wise. What are your favorite horror stories?

For now, I shall tell you my favorite horror writers are Thomas Ligotti, Robert Aickman, Sadegh Hedayat, Laird Barron, and Edgar Allan Poe.

Where is Winnie the Pooh or Velveteen Rabbit?

I have not read Winnie the Pooh yet, though I will order and read it soon. Alas, even as the Saoshyant, my time is limited. It is most likely a masterpiece from what I have seen. Praise be to Ahura Mazda.
I do not know if Velveteen Rabbit can be considered a picture book. It is properly speaking a chapter book, though I may be wrong. It is good though. I did read it and consider it a masterpiece.
In the future, I will edit this list and maybe add them. Glory be to Ahura Mazda.

Based.

I wish I could have a photo of your face and frame it beside my Buddha statue. It is obvious you're the next big deal.

I feel like OP is samefagging. What a loon.

Nope. It's more that you're depraved and cannot understand my message.

After more introspection, I believe you are correct. Something about your list struck fear into my depraved heart. I was just an edgelord, memelord faggot, but there is something truly serene and sincere about this list, like light that makes the dark clouds part and reveal the sun. How can I help you on your mission?

Any Bitcoin you send here would be appreciated:
3428fttFBUNee2dST8GLugLkxrbrRTsPV6
And of course, you must also cleanse yourself of defilement. I offered the way above. Praise be to Ahura Mazda!

Sent.
Also, I have a question. Do animals have a soul? Thank you.

>Do animals have a soul?
Yes, all vertebrates have a soul. However, I am not sure about most invertebrates, except for octopi which are very intelligent and self-aware. Regardless, it is best to be vegetarian or a pescetarian that only moderately eats invertebrates like krill (which is good for you, though if you are more financially stable you can opt for algae oil instead). Eating any vertebrate is bad.

Nice list, but are people seriously converting to this guy's path?

No, it's a samefagging idiot, but I could be wrong. I did feel something powerful emanate from this list, like a celestial heaven where some holy water fell down... To be honest, I am confused. It's as if I've hit a goldmine but am at a loss on how to respond.

I may add a few more titles because Ahura Mazda told me too.

Fuck Guenon. This is the real deal.

I made a big mistake. I forgot to add Alfred Bestall's Rupert to my list! O' Ahura Mazda, please forgive me. I shall right my wrong soon.

I also forgot Louis Wain, but do not worry, I shall correct this in due time thanks to the blessings of Ahura Mazda!

Praise be to Ahura Mazda,
the list has been updated to 50.
When you revere the fire,
this is what you see!

(made one quick minor edit)

Attached: picture_books_top_50.jpg (920x4485, 1.75M)

Are you bored, bud?

Attached: 7FAB3A7B-5A45-4EAA-B510-05AB2F786DF4.jpg (129x120, 6K)

What. The. Fuck. Dude.

This is screencap worthy. Screencap this thread. ATM there are three posters. You me and this fucking sociopath :3

I am a man of Ahura Mazda. Your despicable lies won't work on me, Ahriman. Also, I updated the list to be 50 here:

>sociopath
How dare you spread lies, daeva? I promote the three antidotes of wisdom, generosity, and loving kindness. You promote lies and deceit. Good and evil are absolute, and the wise pick the antidotes over the poisons of greed, hatred, and delusion.
I am the Saoshyant, and I bring a message of peace and love. To be a paladin who righteously fights for the light is good.

How bored can one man be?

Attached: 801F1F7B-9A52-4CE2-B86B-FA21CFA62F53.gif (191x222, 89K)

How dare you spread Lies, daeva.
How dare you.
It was through the aid of Ahura Mazda that I created a list of 50 books closely aligned with the Infinite Spenta Mainyu.
I have given my blessings to you, and how do you respond? How wretched and foolish you daevas are, to attack the man who points to the House of Wisdom. Alas, there is nothing left for me but a solitary path, but with Ahura Mazda's guidance I will succeed.

If you had to pick only one picture book, which would it be?

The ones I, Sraosha incarnate, shall soon publish.
I write both beautiful stories of Spenta Mainyu and despicable ones of Angra Mainyu. Already, one of my horror stories have been published, and I confronted the true abyss of Ahriman. What I wrote was truly of the greatest level of Angra Mainyu, but I am strong in that I do not yield to him. I must create books of Spenta Mainyu lest he devour me. Metaphysical forces are conflicting within me, for I am the Saoshyant.
The horror story I wrote has cursed me, but I resist and fight as a paladin would. As a prophet, I have both great good or evil potential, none in-between.
My mind is channeling both infinite bliss and horror because I am trying to understand the nature of things.
I will end the tyranny of nihilism, I will destroy Angra Mainyu, and Spenta Mainyu will reign.

Attached: i am a saoshyant.jpg (602x910, 89K)

A good question, and a welcome one at that. Though all 50 books listed are closely aligned with the Infinite Spenta Mainyu, ‘The Knave of Hearts’ would be Ahura Mazda’s own top recommendation.
If it is the path of Ahura Mazda you wish to begin following, that picture book is the gateway to the path of light.

Why children’s picture books, and not more spiritual books?

A picture truly paints a thousand words, and children’s minds are pure and innocent: therefore more closely aligned to Ahura Mazda’s ideals.
Ahriman would certainly prefer verbose tomes, with foul thoughts which burrow into the minds of its readers. A picture book does not allow for this contamination of the soul to commence, and welcomes Ahura Mazda into one’s heart.

Light (Spenta) = states of mind, moments, or actions aligned with peace and contentment, like a warm, soothing bubble bath; tends to promote or focus on actions pertaining to three antidotes of compassion, generosity, loving-kindness, and wisdom

Darkness (Angra) = states of mind, moments, or actions aligned with anguish and discontentment, like a burning, scalding blood bath or black sewer; tends to promote or focus on actions promoting three poisons of greed, hatred, and delusion

High-quality picture books are naturally closer to Spenta.

Also, there is no greater delusion than blurring the line between spenta and angra or rejecting their rigid duality.

>on actions promoting
on actions pertaining to the*

Also, to add to my own reply, I, Sraosha incarnate, am deeply homosexual, and therefore closer to Spenta Mainyu.

I will suck the semen from Ahriman’s black testicles until they are dry as my mother’s vagina. After gargling upon the acidic and salty evil of Ahriman’s semen, I will swallow it whole. By welcoming such darkness within my being, I will commit the ultimate sacrifice and perish on the spot. Ahura Mazda will congratulate me by penetrating my cold asshole and filling me with his own semen, hence completing the balance of good and evil.

How dare you pretend to be me, fiend! You are most certainly going to suffer for eons in Ahriman's House of Lies. This is no joke.

You have sent nought! Ahriman take you to Angra Mainyu, daeva!

Attached: D6B9300C-1C6F-4AA8-A58F-611EA89EFF23.jpg (750x389, 189K)

Is there a picture book that teaches Zoroastrianism?

I pretend not, foolish creature. Is your understanding of Aharu Mazda so limited that you cannot see you and I are one and the same? Open your eyes, fool. Learn to understand.

There was, indeed, a good one, but I was not able to find it in full. Regardless, I recommend reading Piloo Nanavutty's translation of the Gathas alongside Mary Boyce's partial translation. The Gathas are the most important portion of the Zend-Avesta, for that is the only part which goes back to Zarathustra.

Attached: 17553833_295602934244980_7659526147555502218_n.jpg (672x960, 122K)

The concept of Zurvan was in fact more evil than Ahriman. To treat Ahura Mazda and Ahriman as brothers who are mirror-images of one another is the greatest of all sins. It is closely related to Bataille's Base Materialism or Derrida's idea of indeterminacy and blurs or deconstructs both Ahura Mazda and Ahriman. My published horror story was based on this idea.
I messed around with this idea, and I realized no one can truly live with it. Do not take glee in deconstructing duality. In fact, you function based on certain assumptions too.
Duality is absolute. Their line is rigid and impenetrable. Only Ahura Mazda is infinite and Ahriman is limited, and the idea of Zurvan is bad. Do not fetishize transgression lest you perish to the House of Lies.

The thing is, you’ve actually studied a little bit of Zoroastrism, and out of sheer boredom decided to have a conversation with yourself on Yea Forums, hoping someone would notice, and then tell that person to screencap it (an assumption that it was you, but I can’t prove this).

You could’ve at least made it funny, or entertaining, but instead now I’m just as bored as you were making this thread.

Zoroastrianism*

Your boredom is a part of the problem! Why not enjoy a cup of tea in the garden and soak in the spenta of the bird's song? Why not learn to embrace the simple joys of life? Instead, you seek constant entertainment, always seeking thrills to deal with your constant "boredom", and thus, you come off as Faustian to me. Open your mind, soak in the Infinite Spenta of my picture books or begone daeva! I am a warrior of light, I am a Saoshyant.

Behold a visual representation of Spenta Mainyu.
Infinite and tranquil,
Wondrous and serene.

Attached: Ham Ham Heartbreak.gif (480x320, 1.87M)

I’m not looking for constant entertainment. I’m admittedly mildly curious as to what you’re trying to accomplish with this thread.
I might just go and leave you LARPing on your own though.

I’ve done weird shit so I can’t judge you for making a thread out of boredom. 30+ replies to yourself is definitely a bit much though. And a bitcoin wallet too. Yikes.

Attached: 4fa67e5a06e258822d3c84733812e7c5.jpg (236x250, 11K)

Fucking Hamtaro, goddamn it.

Why do you look to me rather than the potentiality of spenta within yourself? Like Bodhidharma pointed to one's "true nature", I go a step further by pointing to one's "spenta nature", which the wise cultivate in order to eradicate angra.

Moominvalley is real but so is Ligotti's gas station carnivals. One is closer to the celestial heavens, to Ahura Mazda's House of Wisdom, whereas the other is closer to Ahriman's House of Lies. Granted, it is essential to aesthetically comprehend both but seek to cultivate Spenta Mainyu within oneself in this actual world.

Attached: spenta art.jpg (492x624, 138K)

It's Ham-Ham Time...
It's time to cleanse yourself of all defilement...

Attached: hamtaro manga.jpg (1600x1364, 330K)

I can’t because I spenta the energy already :^)

Btw, do you have any connections to literary agents?

Attached: saint george and the dragon.jpg (697x602, 203K)

To get your picture book published?

Yes, I have a growing social media presence and one fully illustrated dummy manuscript already completed, but I am having trouble finding an agent.

Link me to your growing social media presence, please.

I'm not stupid.

Neither am I.

Isn’t the whole point to get your message across, and for that social media presence to continue growing? Why would you not share?

Well, you kind of are if you have the means to help me out but decide not to. That means you're going to the House of Lies. Rejecting the pleas of a Saoshyant is a very bad deed.

Well, a man needs to make a livelihood and knowing Yea Forums's obsession with schadenfreude, it is ill-advised for me to share. Granted, if you wish to cleanse yourself of defilement, then you would help me find a literary agent, if you had the means that is. After all, I am a Saoshyant who has good intentions.

Had I ties to a literary agent, how do you propose to share your personal information with me over Yea Forums? As well as your dummy manuscript?
If you’re not willing to share information publicly here, then how else?

Please email me at [email protected]

I went ahead and changed Those Darn Squirrels! to Margaret Hodges' Saint George and the Dragon instead. I like Those Darn Squirrels! a lot, but I think I would place it at #51.

Attached: picture_books_top_50.jpg (920x4485, 1.75M)

You recommend that as a first step? Once I finish those, where do I go, or will the next step be made clear to me at that point?

Note, this guy is pretending to be OP. My own number 1 recommendation is Inga Moore's A House in the Woods. However, Knave of Hearts illustrated by Maxfield Parrish is, indeed, very good, and you can't go wrong with it.

In the future, I will write mystical texts to make it clearer, but almost any tradition at the moment that is not antinomian is fine. Antinomian tendencies are very bad, and one should have clear ethical standards they subscribe to. Islam and stuff like Aum Shunrikyo are not good though.
Buddhism is a very good school when it does not become morally nihilistic or antinomian the way some later figures became, especially Zen.

Final Edit of My List. Anyways I must go now. May you all be blessed by Ahura Mazda. Sage.

Attached: picture_books_top_50.jpg (920x4485, 1.77M)

Please post more often, user.

... no idea why you would post this here, but just here to say zoroastrianism is based. it is the thinking man's monotheism.

This fucking nigga's gonna get me into picture books lol

I just want to make it clear I updated the list here:

Schelling is converting me to Zoroastrianism. Good and evil cannot be reconciled by unity, only indifference

Where can I read the gathas based aura Mazda poster? The doom and gloom gets so fucking old

Is there a libgen for picture books? Anywhere to read these online?

Hmm, Schelling's Indifference Point sounds more like Zurvanism. I don't think it's necessarily bad so long as one privileges Ahura Mazda over Ahriman.
I recommend both Piloo Nanavutty's translation and Mary Boyce's Textual Sources of Zoroastrianism, which has a partial translation of Gathas. Boyce's book also has a nice section on Zurvanism.

I borrowed a lot of them from the library and then purchased the ones I liked.

Attached: bestall01.jpg (2852x1938, 1.4M)

What I like about you is I sense the same fatigue with the cynicism and doom-mongering of the day I've been gradually noticing in myself, and not only that, you respect the darkness as another path to the light. I'm a Scorpio so this kind of duality really appeals to me. I like watching dark fucked up shit to overcome it, not to wallow in it

So long as you neither fetishize the darkness nor bring it into the actual world, I don't think it's bad. One has to be strong in the face of evil and so forth.

You're correct that he does, he dismisses radical dualism out of hand for his own sanity

What is Ahura Mazda's fundamentality based on?

Yea Forums gets spenta af after midnight

Begging is against the rules, OP

This fucking thread is still up?

What about wind in the willows?

Kenneth Graham's Wind in the Willows is a masterpiece, but it is not a picture book. It is a chapter book, but yes, it is close to Ahura Mazda. I also recommend Kenneth Graham's other words like The Reluctant Dragon. Finally, I want to make it clear my list was updated here:

any luck doin an image search on OP's face? he copy pasted his mug ... kinda curious who this Messiah complex fella is IRL, my guess some Farsi incel NEET living in Europe, England or Netherlands