God, I hate this smug French imp. Is he the most overrated pop-intellectual of all time?

God, I hate this smug French imp. Is he the most overrated pop-intellectual of all time?

Attached: Voltaire.jpg (600x880, 65K)

That'd be Aristoteles or Plato

Nice bait.

it is. What did he do?
>muh satyirical tales
>muh anecdotes
>muh criticism

wow voltaire you're the coolest

Let us not forget that he robbed the world of Leibniz with that abortion of a book, Candide

Let's not forget how naive he was about world affairs too. He called Quebec 'a few acres of snow'. Yeah bro, it's not that important. wtf? what are we doing there? lets just pack up and go home.

Made Shakespeare hip on the continent.
You can dismiss anything with muhs
>muh Forms
>muh criticizing your own theory
>muh language
>muh demiruge
etc.
Québec is a nice place but not that important senpai.

He is the father of Yea Forums. The exemplar for what a nerd looks like, when he confuses cynical wit for intellectual substance.

Quebec was huge in his day. It contained vast resources. It was of strategic and national importance.

>who is socrates

Not Voltaire

>Québec is a nice place but not that important senpai.
Just a few acres of snow, bro.

Attached: New-France1750.png (1280x1302, 562K)

Oof.

Based Vinny still working Catholics into a seething shoot

Allez contempler sa figure au palais de l’Ermitage : jamais je ne le regarde sans me féliciter qu’elle ne nous a point été transmise par quelque ciseau héritier des Grecs, qui aurait su peut-être y répandre un certain beau idéal. Ici tout est naturel. Il y a autant de vérité dans cette tête qu’il y en aurait dans un plâtre pris sur le cadavre. Voyez ce front abject que la pudeur ne colora jamais, ces deux cratères éteints où semblent bouillonner encore la luxure et la haine. Cette bouche. — Je dis mal peut-être, mais ce n’est pas ma faute. — Ce rictus épouvantable courant d’une oreille à l’autre, et ces lèvres pincées par la cruelle malice comme un ressort prêt à se détendre pour lancer le blasphème ou le sarcasme. — Ne me parlez pas de cet homme, je ne puis en soutenir l’idée. Ah ! qu’il nous a fait de mal ! Semblable à cet insecte, le fléau des jardins, qui n’adresse ses morsures qu’à la racine des plantes les plus précieuses, Voltaire, avec son aiguillon, ne cesse de piquer les deux racines de la société, les femmes et les jeunes gens ; il les imbibe de ses poisons, qu’il transmet ainsi d’une génération à l’autre.

Joseph de Maistre

Attached: lapin.jpg (238x240, 7K)

BFF of Friedrich the Great
He was one of those who created their own character and wrote their life as their best book, like D’Annunzio two centuries after

Yes.

Attached: serveimage-6.jpg (850x400, 69K)

Based, as if I needed another reason to like Mozart

France would have been the burgers of today if they didn't listen to the ramblings of a cuck like Voltaire.

Can you imagine this virgin was buried in the Panthéon while chad Diderot has been denied this honour for over 300 years?

based mozart.