Why does nobody talk about it? Ever

Why does nobody talk about it? Ever.

Attached: Walden_Two_cover.jpg (246x361, 34K)

>behaviourism

Attached: small heada.png (645x729, 66K)

One of my favorite books

>behaviourism

Attached: X7fQkrX.jpg (1200x1000, 166K)

This is not a scientific work. A work of fiction. It may draw on behaviorism but it is not a work of behaviorism.

going to study Robert Clark’s Corporate Law soon and will post about Skinner.
Clark applied Skinner to corporations.
Skinner’s alive and well, but co-opted by Cognitive Psychology.

It's poorly written but so are a lot of other utopian novels. I liked it. The people I've discussed it with confused the trees for the forest, critiquing specific examples within it rather than seeing the larger premise.
Articulate what is wrong with behaviorism.
All "empirical" psychology is behavioral. Cognitive psychology is a behaviorism, not vice versa.

I also liked it, and regardless of what you think of behaviorism in the present day, it was certainly a big leap forward towards making psychology scientific.

If Walden's so good why isn't there a Walden tw-

There's a Walden Three too but it's a flop by some no name sci fi writer.

Behaviorism tried to kill self-agency and accountability.

Explains habit well which is ultimately a consequence of self agency.

I'm going to have to write Walden Four and really complete the quadrilogy

BECAUSE CHOMSKY HAS CONDITIONED US TO THINK IT'S IRRELEVANT.

Behaviorism postulates that there's no action, only reaction.

The ramifications of that are unsettling.

Yes, they are. It basically says humans are machines and, by consequence, makes morality null. That's why it's retarded.

Not altogher useless.

>Articulate what is wrong with behaviorism.
it's deader than positivism

It's an above-alright book, the writing however is distinctly somewhat amateurish.

It's going to see a revival.

What makes you say this?

It is deterministic but so is the rest of science. And, like the rest of science, we are unable to make accurate predictions about a great deal of things because they are many unknown factors involved in any person. It then becomes a pragmatically oriented game of likelihoods. You can intellectually understand determinism without surrending an inner sense of agency and an active orientation to the world. And accountability has obvious behavioral function; societally it is a thing we do for society, not the accountable person, regardless of whether they were determined or conditioned to engage in their given frowned upon behaviors.
So does physics.
Behaviorism actually gels very well with virtue ethics and utilitarianism at the very least.
It's of heuristic value. It is very certainly not the whole picture in that it does not make contact with mind, but this is because its focus is on the measurable.
The entire medical discipline refers to psychological health as "behavioral health," and a behaviorist mindset has a great deal of potential in public health application.