So where you at?

So where you at?

What's your current philosophical outlook on life? Who do you lean towards? What do you tell yourself to make it through the day?

Attached: c.jpg (711x1000, 482K)

Marxist-Leninist

I'm a Nihilist.

Attached: It has been a pleasure, gentlemen.jpg (900x600, 276K)

"someday I will die but in the meantime I can fuck whores"

Attached: 1553978041159.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

Based. What's the source btw, I've seen the girl walking like a dog being posted several times

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka

NazBol Trad

Attached: 8A8DE2E1-5C71-4BB4-963B-D450E0443875.png (1280x924, 363K)

Thanks fren! This seems like a funny anime about cute girls doing silly things :)

Attached: why is girl dog?.jpg (2760x3198, 915K)

>What's your current philosophical outlook on life?
At the end of every semester I write on no more than the front and abck of one piece of paper my current philosophical thinking in its most rudimentary form, usually in a fit of creativity.
Mostly I use this to asses my progress.
I recommend everyone else to do the same; it is quite interesting.

Peter Wessel Zapffe is the guy who hit closest to home for me.

Basically consciousness was a mistake, a step too far, and it's the source of mankind's existential dread in all its forms. The only way people make it through the day is by 1. mentally blocking out negative thoughts 2. Religion or dedication to something like a career, morality, the law, destiny etc. 3. Escapism/constant sensory bombardment like travelling 4. Channeling the suffering into art. Everything we do in life to occupy our time is a mix of those 4 things, those 4 "coping mechanisms".

I like it because it makes sense, it's as root cause as you can get without going magical esoteric "ooooh what is truth XD", it's practical information for daily life and it doesn't try to spin it into a positive or pretend to offer you some kind of solution. "We're fucked, here's why, sorry it's terminal". You could accuse me of looking for an answer to justify my "loser" life, but I'm telling you I've looked all these years for a reason as to why I should even bother to try for more out of life and came up empty every time. Zapffe's writings just seem to explain existence and why no one's ever come up with a universal point for bothering with it all better than anyone else I've read.

Attached: e09b4eaf04e449aaf7ac62ac40bdf065.jpg (512x512, 35K)

imagine being this mentally pozzed

There’s something in the back of my head that moves me forward the minimum amount. I can have bursts of inspiration, but generally I’m a pessimist to the world. People are ugly and selfish creatures in the aggregate. Corporate greed permeates every facet of our lives and there’s nothing to do about it. I just graduated law school, so now I know the details of how our legal system is subservient to those selfish interests of people in power. And no one cares. They just want their tv and internet and fast food carbs with their children and project satiated normalcy. The other part of the population takes advantage of those poor souls. I want to fight. I want to do something to help alleviate the pain and suffering of others. Propagate something beneficial, but what reason do I have anymore? I am but one man. No amount of education or power can truly make the world a better place, so why bother. It’s not like we have a united goal either. Space travel or finding alien life or providing food or a roof over the head of every person. There’s always going to be a large selfish chunk of people that aren’t going to give a shit because it doesn’t benefit them. They have their own problems to deal with. I think it may be the simple idea of motion continuing after a force has been applied to it is the thing that keeps me going. Why am I studying for the bar, why do I talk to people, why do I create? Well, because I’ve been doing it so I may as well see where it goes. And this gets me to the bare minimum for continuation. It sucks. This sucks. Existence sucks. But what’s the alternative? Not existing? Fuck that. I don’t know what the term for it is. Some arbitrary title given to this “philosophy” but I bet there is one. I’m just so tired.

Attached: 642B28DC-1435-4CC6-8FC2-DDE3A63E0694.jpg (270x400, 26K)

lol.. fucking gay!

Attached: 5F803F84-DCAC-4581-AEC5-EDFAC83F00FE.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

the mind can be regarded as a parasite

taoist, neopragmatist, quietist, poststructuralist

(anti-representationlist, anti-foundationalist, quinean naturalist, third wave feminist, ecofeminist+deep ecology (synthesis), postanarchist, aesthetic naturalist (I believe aesthetics can be completely described by cognitive science in a way that defines the whole of its abstraction), fictionalist view of mathematics, belief in B-theory of time, belief that Chris Langan is right about why there is something rather than nothing, belief that cognition is embodied, and grounded utilitarian sentientist , such that values should be founded on sentience (since those are the only intrinsic values) and any algebra made out of those values) though at the same time I believe that the subjectivity of each person is exclusive of other subjectivities such that maybe it doesn't make a difference to make one million people suffer than to make one person suffer, since each reality excludes the other realities, such that it's not clear how to make an algebra out of that)

I've been under the spell of this passage from The Gay Science recently
>For assuming that one is a person, one necessarily also has the philosophy that belongs to that person; but there is a big difference. In some it is their deprivations that philosophize; in others, their riches and strengths. The former need their philosophy, whether it be as a prop, a sedative, medicine, redemption, elevation, or self-alienation. For the latter it is merely a beautiful luxury-in the best cases, the voluptuousness of a triumphant gratitude that eventually still has to inscribe itself in cosmic letters on the heaven of concepts.
I remember having an exceptional day recently: flawless meditation session, cold shower and some good news. I felt unusually "healthy" and whole and all the existential concerns that usually stay as a background noise faded away, became irrelevant and I felt truly OK with everything. These were the "riches" that made any philosophizing at that moment superfluous. So I think there may something true about that quote. Also sorry for messy english anglobros

+(ignosticism, "interpretative panpsychism", narrativistic heideggerean existentialism)

Ismism. It’s where I find a long list of things that end in ism to post on Korean snowboarding forums and show how big my brain-penis is.

Yikes. Good luck pushing shit up hill comrade.
Zapffe is too clever for his own good. Acceptance makes it easy to deal with suffering and can even transform it into a joke.
Pic related. What about you op?

Attached: images (92).jpg (486x630, 45K)

>Acceptance makes it easy to deal with suffering
And if you can't accept it?

Just Sikhism and hope that the west may save itself from the hordes and restart. Whether that be the Hoppean free society or some Salazar style Reactionary force

Only people who at best watch school of life philosophy videos and love Rust woudl actually hold on to such a belief.
There are far too many arguments in the exact other direction and near none that stand in the other (your) direction.
How small minded do you have to be to not even be jsut a materialists but to deny reason in favor of exterior things.
You purposefully chose the works to read to confirm your presupposed edgy opinion of over-evolutioniary bull shit, but never ever even attempted to challenge it in any way.
Absolute waste of beings you faggots are.

>There are far too many arguments in the exact other direction
And they're all bullshit.

>You purposefully chose the works to read to confirm your presupposed edgy opinion of over-evolutioniary bull shit, but never ever even attempted to challenge it in any way.
Wrong, retard.

I read all points of view for decades and Zapffe is who I settled on. You're the exact same hypocrite you're decrying. You can't handle anyone not believing in the positivity of life like you do so you're having a meltdown.

>Good luck pushing shit up hill
Meaning?

i lost most of my values and probably ~7 iq points

People like you disgust me. You hate the successful, because you're not one of them, and show a pseudo-concern for the poor and suffering in order to fulfill your own repressed psychological desires. You want the recognition of a great saviour, without any sacrifice. You're willfully ignorant of the unprecedented amount of economic and technological progress the whole world is benefitting from, including the poor. You want to imagine yourself as above everyone else either morally (the rich "exploiters" [say that to Elon Musk or Bill Gates btw]) or intellectually (the poor and uneducated), that is the sole motivation for your lamenting. You want to stand in great judgement of the whole world in order to elevate your own sense of self and to drive your attention away from your own personal failures.

>So where you at?
Winding down and approaching wizardhood.

>What's your current philosophical outlook on life?
Not sure what it's name is but it's not a positive outlook. I'm pretty what ever is happening to the world is terminal since the masses are too stupid to comprehend that they're being fucked. But to be honest, I don't know why I give a shit what happens to the world since it hasn't been kind to me.

>What do you tell yourself to make it through the day?
The world is going downhill and I want to see it. After that I'll just an hero.

Based

The coping mechanisms work and make existence worth experiencing. Stop trying to justify your self-caused misery and go accomplish something worthwhile.

Good habit

>make existence worth experiencing
No, just tolerable enough to make it through the day. And sometimes not even that.

>Stop trying to justify your self-caused misery and go accomplish something worthwhile.
There is nothing worthwhile brainlet

i'm a nihilist

Then kill yourself

I have no idea
I want to be good and not mean pretty much :)

I would if I could

How many fucking Good Will Hunting bar scene genius psychoanalysts are there on this board?

Why am I capable of disagreeing with you?

Then you'll continue to suffer.

You're employing cope #1: willfully ignoring negative thoughts and feelings.

Meaning i doubt its gonna happen.

Stop being miserable and go to to therapy. Life is fine if you make it so, consistently, every day, every hour. Get someone to push you.

Enough to make you feel self-conscious.

>therapy
Therapy is introspection for brainlets incapable of it. That's not what I need and it's never a solution to anything retard.

I'm employing #2 and #3. They're working wonderfully.

And yet they're still just copes, the bigger the brainlet the bigger the effect they have.

What if your vision of higher order reality is the true cope? Is it not just an interpretation of the world that allows you to hide from feelings of inadequacy and inferiority?

Stop being pathetic and at least try to fix your miserable life.

Left wing politics and right wing individualism and way of living.

You think you will outwit the therapist and show him to be a fool compared to you. And you are wrong.

>that allows you to hide from feelings of inadequacy and inferiority?
You mean things I don't have in the first place?

You didn't even read the second part of the reply

Why do you cling on to your personal religion of doom then? Of what benefit is your belief in the intolerable nature of existence to anyone?

Because it's trash.

>Why do you cling on
>Of what benefit
Because it's how I see the world and nothing has ever changed that. Even before discovering Zapffe I was without ambition, apathetic, listless and didn't see any value in life. It's not that I'm choosing to believe in this, I just found someone else who finally put the words on paper and made the image clear.

If I could believe in God, I would. If I could force myself to care, I would. What else do you want me to say?

I’ve helped the poor though.

The rest is probably right. Doesn’t change how I feel though.

>The rest is probably right.
Only a temporarily embarrassed millionaire would think that's right.

That is not normal and there are ways out of your predicament.

Also, you were projecting your emotional life unto every other conscious being. Most of them are not like you.

Absolute monarchism and the mandate of heaven

Couldn't imagine you had. Good job.

You probably see the world as a bad place even though it is not, especially where you live. It will most likely become a wonderful place for everyone during your lifetime.

Interesting...

Good post

Y I K E S
I
K
E
S

that i can be repaired

Since my I overdosed on psychedelics I’m convinced that I’ve „seen“ the meaning behind it all, even though I’m unable to translate my experience into words. My former crippling fear of death and despair inducing feeling of meaninglessness is completely gone.
Maybe I fried my brain but I really don’t mind, everything in my life since that moment has been getting better and better.

i'm not him but i will say that all metaphysics must be grounded in phenomenology, consciousness is inescapable, death is only change, and the fact that you think Zapffe is unique for being a nihilistic pessimist proves you read self-help books before coming to him because most philosophers have a negative outlook on life, especially the more modern ones. Materialism is false, physicality has never existed, there is no object out there. Look into Idealism and Non-Dualism.

I mean I don't really agree with it, but I empathize with the poster. I'd hate to hear myself complaining like that. I try not to speak all of it out loud and in that order. I'd hate to talk to that guy, but I can't help feeling helpless and wishing for the world to explode.
It will probably not become a wonderful place in my life time. Texas is classist as fuck, and once there's no more oil, well then it'll hit real hard.

Attached: 1512262789271.png (883x990, 89K)

I already said I have no interest in useless mumbo jumbo about whether truth is truth or physical is real.

Tbh I'll be called an edgy faggit or a troll but I truly honestly am an Extinctionist.

I am an antinatalist, I believe life is suffering, and suffering is unequivocally bad, therefore life is bad. I want the world to end asap. It wont though. Am I unhappy? Maybe, but at least not outwardly or even in my mind, it's just overall that the one thing that gets me through the day is the hope that one day there will be nothing, no pain, no anger, no sadness.
I know I'll get replies calling me a bitch or whatever. What ever helps you cope I guess.

Attached: received_642358442906544.jpg (480x360, 20K)

I got enlightened by accident, now just chilling. I write a little fiction, but it's not good so there's not much interest in it. Getting interested in metalogic, theology.

my philosophic view on life is 100% taken from ghibli movies

NIGGA NAME??!?!!!??

I've essentially told most philosophy except for Wittgenstein and late Nietzsche to fuck off at this point and just behave in the way that it would be expected for someone of my background and environment to behave about 80% of the time. The rest is allowance for my "quirky" interests which the people around me take in stride because I'm sociable and well adjusted, except for when I get drunk and come talk to you lot, my old friends.

Whenever I have a hard time making it through the day I just look at my fiancée

what enlightened you? what's it like being enlightened?

1) I am a radical dualist who believes some artwork, moments, or processes are closer to the celestial heavens, others to the hells. I am influenced by Manichaeism, Zoroastrianism, and etc.
2) Reading anything outside of wholesome literature and horror stories is meaningless. One has to immerse his or her mind into the aesthetic extremes. I write both picture books and horror stories. The idea that either pole accentuates the other is nondualist nonsense; it's more like they exist in tension, not harmony.
3) I dislike everything monotheistic, nondualistic, or monist. I stick to dualism.
4) I am an antinatalist and misanthrope that believes corvids will inherit the Earth and speciate after mankind goes extinct.
5) I don't understand the modern Western academic hatred for moral and ontological dualism.
6) I believe people are reborn into lower or higher realms based on their actions in this lifetime. We live closer to the hells, and human beings are largely evil deep within their hearts.

Attached: zarathustra_reincarnated.jpg (1116x446, 81K)

Wanna know too, was it while you were sober? I’ve heard from a lot of people that they were enlightened on psychedelics

The day gets through itself and I'm going to be brought to the end of it, alive or dead, like it or not.

I'm going to become Ragnarök incarnate, though befitting the modern age. Through quantitative autism and many-layered planning, I will kill this world and let it be reborn.

Based.

I couldn't ever really put my philosophical outlook into one or two big camps of ideas (and if you can then I feel like you haven't tried enough to think of things for yourself.) But some stuff I can say I that I generally "identify" with are xenofeminism (though without the anti-nature shit), communalism and/or green accelerationism, but also some acid communism. I love p much any kind of process philosophy or find it interesting and worthwhile, I hate dualism so much though. I've become interested in Nietzschean Will to Power recently and have been combining that with my general thoughts on metaphysics (won't really get into that unless people are interested.)
But also I'm still learning lots of stuff and finding out new things all the time, so while my general values and outlooks will primarily stay the same the things surrounding it like the lens I view things through or how I interpret things or the conclusions I might end up with can/will change over time, so don't think any of this stuff is set in stone or anything.

deep green nihilist/aestheticist

I do what I feel is right/pleasurable and enjoy my time in existence to the extent physically possible.

Attached: chadus.png (960x427, 138K)

sartre wasnt a virgin

>modern science is flawed and misguided, "pure empiricism" mindset is cancerous and leads nowhere
>modern medicine is in large part voodoo designed to sell drugs
>bureaucracy and professionalization are pointless and dehumanizing, they make life infinetely worse and less efficient, they are nusproduct of corruption and piled on systemic waste establishment doesnt want to get rid off and plays off as something desirable
>money and material comfort dont matter and modern mans preoccupation with them is disgusting and shows how lowly our culture and spirituality has become
>modern architecture and modern art are ugly and there is no beauty or value in them, they are nothing but eyesores degenerated art establishment circle jerk each other off in pretense
>contemporary "right wing" is classical liberal and at heart contradictory with fundamental basis of what right wing actually represents
>populism is harmful, brings nothing but sophistry and demagoguery, promising to solve complex problems with simple answers and plays societal frustration for the populist party and its leaders to enrich themselves at expense of everyone else
>nations are made up concepts and borders are opressive and arbitrary
>women are subjectively less happy in modern age because traditional roles fit them best and "womens liberation" and "equal rights movement" are made to exploit them most efficiently in labour market at expense of their happiness and life quality
>hierarchy and inequality are necessary and not bad, its about culture and whether system is built for underprivileged to be treated equitably, which current system doesnt do
there are so many more, i dont really know what i believe in or what its called

Based based based! I wanna be your friend.

some people who aren't depressed actually like living and enjoy life

If you mean the game, the English title is Traysia

lmao this is so gay

Something no treasure

Epistemeological pragmatism/naturalism.

Elitism. Pluralism. Localism. Dunno.

Or the body is the parasite of my soul.

I was a token agnostic when I was younger, and a girlfriend tried to pressure me into converting into her particular brand of Christianity. It never took; I rejected the premise that I was fundamentally flawed and needed saving. My own will was greater and was tangible to me, at the very least. So, I took a deep look at myself and the world around me and synthesized a value system based on experience and the observations of various philosophers. The core is based on the very basic shit Camus said about the absurd nature of finding meaning, but I answered his question and decided to stick around, at least for now. I tossed some Stoic and Buddhist thought into the mix and trained myself to deal with heartbreak, disaster, loss. I most revere Cato the Younger, however, as an example for sticking with my principles regardless of consequence.

Let's see how things fare with climate change though.

Optimal cynicism.

Comfy but also based.

Probably cynism:
You can't lose anything because you have nothing. By being attached to something you become slave of it. Rather than being master be a servant, because you always can stop being servant, but master is forced to rule. Uglyness is part of beauty, things that are only beautiful are just ugly.

It was at least heavily inspired by it

Why?

You mean the drones put to sleep by their jobs, socialisation and adherence to societies expectations.

hylozoism and animism

Camus died as a broken man though
He justified infidelity in Myth of Sisyphus but his wife broke down, and then he became miserable because he couldn't fix her. His mistress did him a huge favour.