What are the main philosophers and in what order should I read them?

What are the main philosophers and in what order should I read them?
I started by pic related.

Attached: IMG_20190630_202117.png (834x1284, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

historyofphilosophy.net/
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

historyofphilosophy.net/

Honestly dude just read whatever the fuck you want. Yea Forums is gonna have some faggot saying "start with the Greeks" but just read whatever interests you there's no right way to do philosophy.

I heard that you need to read some authors to understand others, this is why I am asking.

Read the obvious Greek ones, then a sprinkling of others syuch as Kant, HUme, and so on.

Then you go straight to Russel, Wittgenstien, Frege, Quine, Kripke etc, to understand modern philosophy.

After that it's just about what you're interests are.

Lao Tzu
Plato
Rumi
Dante
Bacon
Shakespeare
Spinoza
Kant
Goethe
Hegel
Joyce
Heidegger
Derrida

Max Stirner and then stop.

>Dante
>Bacon
>Shakespeare
>Joyce
you're funny

>huge forehead crew

No Nietzsche? I heard they go well together

dont start

Start with the stone age and read Varg

Attached: 1522628299938.png (485x443, 30K)

A list of that size would take ages. Search up "Yea Forums philosophy project" and click the google doc. You get a rundown that's basically this;
>The First Philosophers by Robin Waterfield, an introduction to Presocratics published by Oxford
>Plato and Aristotle Complete Works. Some will say it's best to have read Mythology by Edith and The Illiad and Odysee translated by Fagels and also the oxford Histories by Herodotus before hand. These are not strict philosophical texts though so I didn't list them. Some will also say to read A Brief History Of Ancient Greece and all the related greek poets like Hesoid, Aristophanes, Sophocles, Xenophanes ect, but again, just philosophy in this list.
>The Essential Epicurus
>The Stoics, whatever order, Seneca's Letters To A Stoic / Meditations by Aurelius / Enchirdion by Epictetus (for easiest to hardest, go Enchirdion, Meditations, Letters.)
>Moralia by Plutarch
>The Enneads by Plotinus
>The Elements Of Theology by Proclus
>Here I will note is when eastern philosophers come in to play even more. I know less about these so here's a very arbitrary list;
The Principle Upnishads by Radhakrishnan
The Complete I Ching by Huang
The Dammapada by whoever translated it
In The Buddah's Words by Bodhi
Search up the buddism flowchart for more.
>Confessions by St Agustine
>Shorter Summa by Aquinas
>The Complete Mystical Works Of Meiser Echkhart
And to save on time, just the authors
>Descartes
>Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkeley
>Hume, Pascal, Francis Bacon, Montaigne Hobbes,Rousseau, Montesquieu, Voltaire, Price,
>Burke, Paine, de Maistre, Mill,
>Kant, Fichte, Schelling, Hegel
>Schopenhauer's Power Hour A Cool Philosopher
>Nietzsche, Stirner, Kierkegaard, Whitehead
Who'd I miss fela's.

>Joyce

After the Race is the one of the greatest critiques of money in history

Pretty much this.

I also believe that at some point you should also read things like Marx, Gramsci or Foucault. I'm not saying that you should agree with them, but it can be useful to understand a lot of the current philosophical discussions.

Heraclitus
Plato
Plotinus
Augustine
Kant
Heidegger

Yeah I was planning on reading Capital and Manifesto

Do it.
Even if you don't like Hegel's work, it can be kinda painful to see his work twisted to serve a degenerate political purpose, but endure it. It's going to pay off eventually.

Great list, but missed Marx

>inb4

no serious student of philosophy thinks you can get away with not reading him

I think what you should do then is ask about authors you're interested in and what the good prerequisite reading is for them. Don't wanna waste time with people that didn't influence whoever you're interested in you know.

based and vargtard pilled

Start with the mesopotamians

i think its just read the older works , all list go like this

im very interested in this , what good books about this era and is there philosophers to get into

never mind found this

Attached: 1555089966915.jpg (3000x3868, 1.78M)

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

That's not exactly true. Like if you wanted to read Phenomenology of Spirit for example, you really only NEED to read probably like Socrates, Kant, and maybe a couple of Hegel's other contemporaries. It's not like every philosopher addresses or is influenced by everyone that came before him. I assure you that you can skip around a little. Also if you're worried about understanding there's tons of books on just about every major philosophical work analyzing it, so reading those would probably also be a helpful step, and would cut out any philosophers you aren't interested in.

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1 here is the doc

Here's a rough 1st year reading list from my university which I think provides a decent introduction.

The problem with reading philosophers by order of names and not focusing on certain areas/topics in philosophy is that the former doesn't engage you with any objections/broader discussions. Its far easier to just read the works of the most cherished philosophers but that won't really teach you as much.

t. undergraduate

Attached: phillist.png (1356x1780, 371K)

You won't be assigned marx on any serious philosophy course.

this but start with the greeks anyway they are the best

>goethe
>rumi
>joyce
>derrida
>philosophers

kek

based and redpilled

based and analytic-pilled

where do you go user? This is a good list.

t. grad student

Based

Mainly me, but you need to go through the entirety of the dialogue to grasp what is said.

thank you - im at oxford

You go like this
Leibniz -> Kant -> Rousseau -> Plato -> Land -> Marx -> Descartes -> Seneca -> Avicenna -> Heidegger -> Deleuze -> Aquinas -> Rand -> Lenin -> Locke -> Baudrillard -> Aristotle -> Wittgenstein -> Zizek -> Heraclitus -> Marcus Aurelius -> Hume -> Lyotard -> Hegel -> Evola -> Hobbes -> Epicurus -> Butler -> Lao Tzu -> Nietzsche -> Nagarjuna -> Derrida -> Jesus -> Dugin -> Moldbug -> Sartre -> Epictetus -> Duns Scotus -> Dogen -> Fisher -> Russell -> Rorty -> Jordan Peterson->Gadamer

>Land -> Marx
I rarely say this, but based.

> Dugin -> Moldbug
Oh shit nigger what are you doing.

You cannot study philosophy without fully grasping mathematics :3

Read a standford encyclopedia of philosophy entry on a philosophical topic you find interesting. Today I was reading about pantheism which led me to Spinoza.