Tfw it becomes cool to love this book again

>tfw it becomes cool to love this book again
dabbing on the 'contrarian' art hoes

Attached: Cover_IJ.jpg (600x453, 42K)

It's the best American novel in over 20 years.

Why is that a good thing? AMericans and their literature have the depth of puddles

>not Against the Day

user..

I agree with this. Against the Day is better. Re-reading it now. It got even better.

Against the day sucks

Yeah ok faggot, tell that to McCarthy, Pynchon, DeLillo, Barth, Roth, Ellroy, McElroy, Kerouac, Burroughs, Lowry, Miller, Faulkner, TS Eliot, O'Connor, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Dickinson, Melville, Hawthorne, Thoreau, Whitman, ETC

stop being obsessed with us. We're not going to fuck you.

generalizations are for brainlets

whatever pisshole country you come from probably has 1 national poet who wrote an assrag of love songs and 2 novels who eeked into the public eye for their piggybacking the modernists and being written by the only autistic person in the entire legally retarded country

>starts with McCarthy

Attached: 1899395.jpg (1010x1300, 71K)

based self-contradicting user

Against the day DOES suck. Mason & Dixon, Vineland, and Gravity's Rainbow are three of the best ever uses of English language

>muh derivative takes on frontier morality/bourgeois malaise repeated ad nauseum!
Enjoy it I guess
;^)
From America so the only thing wrong here are the low numbers

>larping as an amerilard
begone

It's always been cool to like DFW. Who really gives a shit what a small, bitter and obviously envious group think about a man ten years dead now?

I think you're wrong. Against the Day is much better in scope, style and tone than Mason & Dixon or Gravity's Rainbow. Even in story. It almost reads like "the great american novel", with the main story revolving about the life of an american family.

triggered Americunts. What does it feel like being the laughing stock of the world. All your money and military toys won't give you any respect in the eyes of even the most remote peasant.

>y-youre triggered!
be still, child

Attached: c1hU1Rj.jpg (583x616, 27K)

>tfw waiting for my copy of V. to come in the mail
soon I'll be a patrician just like the cool anons on Yea Forums

Attached: apu smug.jpg (699x485, 60K)

>tfw just recently finished both V. and Lot 49.

Attached: 1529876873075.jpg (764x551, 263K)

What is with DFW and people levitating? Is this and Pale King the only examples in his writing in which an admirable character randomly floats?

>all americans are in love with americana
lol now I feel like you're larping as a burger

it's an old religious trope actually; certain aescetics were rumored to have attained such purity and enlightenment that they could levitate across religions

stop larping and have sex, seething yurocel

DFW was nothing more than a parody of all postmodernists, and he knew it. This is a horrible book used as a paperweight by college kids trying to seem intelligent. There is nothing of substance in the overinflated and droning thousand-and-some-odd pages crammed into this glorified firestarter. Stephen king writes better prose. If I could remove a single author from the history of humanity, it would be this pretentious fucknugget.

these two anons are Great

Come back when you have a Homer or a Milton.

Lyle is an extremely patient ghost.

>t. Harold Bloom pretending to be an art hoe online

>Stephen king writes better prose
False

Wallace killed himself for a reason.

Based little frog
Hope you enjoy it

Respect? Save it for the weddings, Ahmed, we're doing fine.

I'll never read this trash.

more like the depth of poodles lol

is it worth reading?

Attached: 1561068833779.png (512x323, 19K)

yes

this, he was such a chad that the women he fucked are still trying to get famous based off their association with him (t. Mary Karr)