Saving your soul

What is your excuse of not following Jesus and being heading in to eternal paradice?

Attached: Jesus.png (510x745, 601K)

Preparing for Ragnarok

because i don't have faith in him
i keep my heart open and try to strive towards being good, but Christ has not appeared to me yet, nor has Muhammad , nor has X Y or Z

Attached: DkBXRx73GEdJlNgMN6TSZw_custom-Custom_Size___francisco-de-goya-the-third-of-may-1814.jpg (3864x2029, 1.08M)

Deuteronomy 4:29
>But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Proverbs 8:17
>I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
Jeremiah 29:13
>You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Matthew 7:7-8
>Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Isaiah 55:6-7
>Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Lamentations 3:25
>The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
James 4:8
>Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
2 Chronicles 7:14
>If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Matthew 5:6
>Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

so what's your point? I'm just not trying hard enough?

I would gladly sell my soul to the devil. I've read Kierkegaard. It's all cope.

yikes

>I would gladly sell my soul to the devil
pure cringe
the only reason i'd purposefully damn my soul would be if it saved another's

Well what have you tried?

I want to believe but I can't

Attached: IMG_20190630_142018_318.jpg (645x773, 72K)

in terms of seeking truth, for now i merely read and engage in conversation on these matters
i try not to let my pride or fears cloud my judgement
i know it won't be to your tastes, but intend to begin meditating soon, to allow my mind to be cleared and have at least some malice removed from my heart
in terms of seeking goodness i just attempt to behave in as good a manner as i can, going by what feels instinctually good
of course i am just a young selfish idiot, so am far from actually being good and of course could do better
as i am now, i'm more worthy of hell or a poor reincarnation than anything pleasant, but who am i to decide that

First, realize the limits of human reason. Not only do we lack infinite knowledge, but we also lack the reason to interpret that knowledge. We cannot use our own reason prove or disprove God. It all comes down to faith in the end. This is the first step towards humility. When you’re ready, ask God for help. Ask for forgiveness and strength. Read the Bible and follow its commandments. Do good works and avoid sin. Do these things, for, say, a month, or maybe even two weeks if you really take it seriously, and if you remain unchanged, then at least you can say you tried, right?

I shall at some point. The Bible is something I intend on reading eventually, for now I shall attempt to maintain a peaceful spirit and avoid evil. I'll try to be good towards others. Perhaps I will pray, I am not a believer but I suppose an honest prayer to whatever is out there would reach his ears.

I must ask, and I'm sure it is not for either of us to say, but say I died before I got the chance to read the Bible (eg in 5 minutes time a meteor struck my house), would I be damned?

This belongs on /x/, you’re not discussing the Bible why do you think this belongs here

>say I died before I got the chance to read the Bible (eg in 5 minutes time a meteor struck my house), would I be damned?
Everyone is a sinner. We are simply not perfect enough to be near God. Jesus is the only way to salvation.
John 14:6
>Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The first chapters of Romans discusses the importance of faith and how simply following the law is not good enough.

You ask if you will be saved, and that is how I know the answer is no. When you die, will you be drawn to the presence of the Lord? What will your soul cling to? How can you go near Him? But accept Jesus and follow the commandments as best you can, and you will be sure of your salvation.

honestly, fuck my salvation
its not something i care for all that much

why?! It is THE thing that everyone should be concerned about

well i'll just do what i can, if i end up in hell then i end up in hell
if i'm to suffer forever, then whatever, it is what it is i guess
it pains me more that others are to suffer than that i'm to suffer

But surely salvation is desirable to you? If you could have it, would you?

Attached: hr3.jpg (532x398, 26K)

i'm sure it would be nice
but again, whatever, what happens happens

If you desire salvation, then why do nothing and cause your own suffering? When you’re on your deathbed, will you be at peace?

who knows
but again, whatever, fuck it
i feel all of this comes down to some hedonism, and that does not sit well with me
if i'm to go to hell then i'm to go to hell
if i'm to go to heaven then i'm to go to heaven
i'll live as i live and go where i go
the business of some deity isn't much of my concern

>tfw i'm going to hell

Attached: 159 (1).gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Paradise is stasis, purposeless subsistence as such, and wanting to go to paradise is the penultimate desire to ultimate confusion. The ultimate confusion being worshiping God himself.

this. I'd much rather be annihilated than go to heaven.

Because even though I'd love for an afterlife to exist, I don't suffer from wishful thinking.