Why has a notable amount of famous authors committed suicide?

Why has a notable amount of famous authors committed suicide?

Attached: 1 FvZliVsT8TKAEfE5471jWQ.jpg (1600x1600, 264K)

They're batshit insane.

Citation needed

Mental retardation. The literary establishment is attracted to books that are somehow related to or a result of mental retardation. Most of the people associating their careers with literature have a lot of symptoms of mental retardation, and if a book has retardation themes in it, implicit or explicit, the critic will be able to emphasize with it better and hence will like it more. Mentally retarded people are at odds with society - they feel excluded as they cannot perform daily functions as easily as regular people, they often have no friends, are depressed (IQ is negatively correlated with depression). Living the mentally retarded life is not easy. Inside a mentally retarded person's mind, an easy solution pops up - to kill themselves. Without thinking too much, they carry it out. Such is the literary life.

This.

yet why so few philosophers do

I explained it in my post Being a good philosopher requires a high IQ.

We've got at least Hemingway, DFW, and Hunter S Thompson but I don't know any others.

Fair

>IQ is negatively correlated with depression
ignorance is bliss

Sylvia Plath

Attached: image.jpg (681x1024, 113K)

You suck at reading comprehension. IQ is negatively correlated with depression means the higher your IQ is, the less likely you are to be depressed overall, not the other way around. Ignorance is pain.

Virginia Woolf killed herself. And Sylvia Plath. Mark Fisher. Deleuze. Weinenger. There's more I can't think of right now.

Attached: 1547210744_xtodoubt.png (1300x864, 31K)

retard

>le the reason I’m sad is because I’m too smart

>Osamu Dazai, John Kennedy Toole

>IQ is negatively correlated with depression
>IQ is negatively correlated with (increased) depression
>IQ is negatively correlated with (decreased) depression
>invokes ambiguity, a core aspect of reading comprehension

I did some research, there are articles and studies linking both high and low iq to depression, but for different reasons. So in all fairness, we are all wrong(and right).

Ignorance leads to pain through the complacency brought on by bliss, but is not pain itself.

literally me

Everyone I ever knew who said that was a low-iq "underachiever" coping with their failures.

Learn to read.

WAAAAH IM SO SMART AND DEPRESSED

Who hurt you?