Cogito ergo sum

>Cogito ergo sum
Disprove this

Attached: Versuchverdienenumzugehen_I1064_2010111522428.jpg (1920x2349, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ORH1dXLUx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nietzsche being full analytic and logically claiming Descartes set the dogma that somehow "I" existed, by that he shows the sentence "I think" actually made up of very complex assumptions

>I pass over everything Descartes said about the will and its freedom, since I have already shown, more than adequately, that they are false.

Attached: baruch-spinoza-universal-history-archiveuig.jpg (600x717, 250K)

First of all its not
>cogito ergo sum
but
cogito; existo

Both states are set equal to one another. And yes the human condition is defined by conscienceness which can´t be doubted in it self. Doubt is real in his assumption and you recognize yourself within that doubt. But existence per se doesn´t need thinking. An animal can exist without being aware of existing and therefore not "existing" in his defined ways.

Thought doesn't necessitate a thinker

i am aware therefore i see thoughts

youtube.com/watch?v=6ORH1dXLUx0

Attached: post singularity meme.jpg (1196x752, 460K)

True, but it does necessitate someone to receive it

Do you really think? Does it not happens sometimes that some thoughts come to us without notice?

Thought often doesn't originate from the Self; it is often a byproduct of stimuli absorbed. The fact that thought can originate from sources apart from the Self proves that thought isn't enough to establish one's existence. Instead one must look beyond thought towards something higher. It may be said that thought betrays a lower Self; whereas there is something higher than one's thought (that can interfere in one's thought), which betrays a higher Self.

Sentio ergo sum

Would be more accurate, but I think that's what he was getting at anyhow. It can't be disproven, it's apdoctically true... One of the few truths you can ever be absolutely certain of.

This was for , not .

*apodictically

>being

Americans

Attached: Evolas Morans.jpg (1202x1170, 287K)

'Cogito ergo sum' is an indexical knowledge, and is therefore non-disprovable.

Beat me to it

Considering our experience of existence is encapsulated by our consciousness, we have no reliable method to prove that thought causes or proves existence. In fact, it would seem the converse (I am, therefore I think), is more easily verifiable. When a causal relationship between one variable (i.e. I think) and another (i.e. I am) cannot be established (through temporal precedence or otherwise), we can only assume the relationship between the variables is correlational, as is the case here.

Decsartes used language to put forth his argument, he couldn't doubt the language he used to make his argument, language is laden with cultural, historical etc assumptions. Thought relies on language which is the embodiment of experience and tradition and as long as the ability to think rests on language neither reason nor philosophy can be pure of the empicial, experience and of the others to whom we relate.

If I have a dream where I dream of you and in that dream you think, is the you in the dream as real as the you in reality?

Again, pretty sure he meant 'sentio ergo sum'.

It's a simple affair to disprove 'cogito ergo sum' with his own Cartesian 'evil demon' concept. A devious entity could simply be manipulating or feeding the entire content of his experience, which would include thought. It necessarily follows then that we cannot be certain that thought itself indicates existence.

Experience, on the other hand, proves your existence beyond any doubt. The mere fact that you experience anything at all -- regardless of provenance -- means that you exist (whatever you may actually be).

With his 'evil demon' concept taken into account, I'm skeptical that he'd overlook this. But hey, maybe.

Yes, because the me in the dream is actually the dreamer. If I'm allowed to assume the dreamer exists, the answer is yes.

Such an embarrassing logical fallacy. Rocks do not think, so are they not supposed to exist either? And if non-thinking equates to non-existing, then how can you say that Americans exist while also saying they don’t think? There are plenty of ways to ridicule Americans, but whoever said this retarded quote was pure reddit and retarded

Bonita Exposito Cum

and if I dream of someone or something which doesn't exist but has this thinking property, are they now as real as you or I? Sure this confirms the existence of a dreamer but not the existence of this other identity which thinks. Once again you only show the existence of thought or some higher being which thinks but not of the one supposedly thinking. I think but that is no reason to say I am, "I" could be the fantasy of something else.

Let's say I am a god with vastly greater intelligence than human, and I create an AI with intelligence mirroring that of a human's. The AI believes itself to have a body and it perceives a physical world governed by relatively simple laws in which it controls that body. Now this AI has thoughts, but at my direction. I set not only its thoughts but its thought chains and patterns - like a weaver threading a pattern into a tapestry, I determine wholesale what an entire conscious session's worth of thoughtforms will be. I set in motion the thought "I want to take a walk" and have it lead to the thought "It is a nice fall day, it should be nice in the park today" and have that lead to the thought "I should consider my route" and then "I should avoid walking down main street because I may bump into Ms. Green" and so on and so forth. All of this is efficiently determined by me, I direct the AI but its senses are completely oblivious to my direction.
One day I program into the AI the thought "I think, therefore I am."

>The I think, I am, is, since Descartes, the basic mistake of all knowledge; thinking is not my thinking, and being is not my being, for everything is only of God or of the totality

Attached: Schelling.jpg (746x900, 100K)

Desc*rtes btfo

Who is the "one" that knows he is thinking?

Hmm...I will use my natural born talent of lingiustical prowess to trasnlate this sentence from latin, a language i am not fluent in...Ok let us begin...
>Cogito
A word similar to...hmm let me think..AHA! Cognitive! Cognition is using your brain to process information, thus we can deduce that this means...to...THINK! Aha. Simple deduction.
>ergo
Ergo..hm, where have i heard this before...yes let me think...aaaaaah, yes! Ergo is still used even today. (He's black, ergo he is a criminal!) Meaning...ergo is THEREFORE! Heh. Easy.
>sum
Yes...a sum in lame man's terms in mathematics is...the total...but that wouldn't make sense. I think, therefore total? No... But...perhaps...it is TO BE total? Ah...Yes, indeed. We can just remove the total and we have TO BE, adjusting for grammatical inflation..adjusting to first person...I AM! YES! I CRACKED THE CASE!
Cogito ergo sum = I think, therefore i am.
Heh, why yes i did translate a sentence from a language i do not speak by pure logical prowess, how did you know?

A = A (Fichte)

eez

>A = A

Aristotle by way of Rand you mean

>Aristotle by way of Rand you mean
wat

Cogito ergo est

Attached: 1552858599949.jpg (225x225, 8K)

All three of them used it, but Fichte is the only one who made an entire system based upon the non-identifiability of "ich" and "nicht ich".

Well, whatever is dreamt is just a projection of the dreamer's thinking property. It doesn't experience anything. If something you dreamt could have its own experience, that would indicate its existence as an 'I'. Even if the dreamer populates everything in that experience (dreamer=Cartesian evil demon), the presence of an experience not identical to that of the dreamer provides the distinction of 'I'.

Putting it another way, we're all a part of the same universe, but having a non-omniscient perspective indicates some kind of localization that can consdered 'I'.

Descartes already had this idea, the 'evil demon'.

It's experience -- not thought -- that indicates existence. He probably just went with 'cogito' because it sounded catchier or something.

american spotted. you are correct though, but the fact that you went out of your way to write the comment shows how insecure you are, and that he hit a nerve, burger.