Don't you find it fucked how being psychologically normal is so rare?

Don't you find it fucked how being psychologically normal is so rare?

Life is in theory so simple:

>be born
>natural joy at the wonder of experience
>go to school and realize grades lead to skills
>form friends
>attract someone of the opposite sex
>study more and get a job
>earn a salary and appreciate the time off with partner and friends
>buy a home
>pursue your field of study or career which is beneficial to you, your family and wider society
>go on some holidays and see some different parts of the world
>finally retire and gradually accept death

And yet there is so much anxiety, depression, discontentment, anger, hatred etc.

Why is it so difficult to lead a simple, straightforward life?

Attached: family.jpg (402x495, 47K)

Envy, Pride, etc.

>natural joy at the wonder of experience

this is where you go wrong and it reminds me of the following

>Nowhere did we stop long enough to get a particularized impression, but the general sense of vague and oppressive wonder grew upon me. It was like a weary pilgrimage amongst hints for nightmares.

If being normal seems rare to you don’t you think your conception of normal might be wrong?

this, also there is no normal

imagine being attracted to opposite sex. absolutely disgusting.

>'normal' involves the life of a nuclear family from the mid 20th century

Yeah I too wonder why the world isn't formed around your definition of normal.

>be born
>have pointless acquaintances
>be a wagecuck
>live in a boring soulless suburb with your lame ass family who probably hates you
>die
terrific idea OP go ahead

That’s more privilege if anything. Not everybody gets the chance to do so.

It’s mostly the working class who really fit into this mood. Even in the poorest third world communities you’ll find people like in the OP. Unless you’re born into a family with substance addiction or molested as a kid you don’t really have any basis for your excuses, so stop being such a winy cunt and own your actions in life.

By working class you mean living in suburbs in western countries?

I mean living in any rural, suburban, or urban community in The Americas, Europe, Africa, or Asia, you fucking mongrel.

As if people don’t have jobs, wives, and kids in China or the Congo, and don’t generally enjoy the experience. Stupid fag, I bet you go to college in a ‘western country’ and call yourself oppressed too.
Fucking Indian tribes in the darkest Amazon have families and work allocation. Retard.

“Privilage”, “Suburbs”, if I could reach across the screen and hit you in the face I’d do so gladly

Families have always existed dumb fuck

CAPITALISM! WHOOP WHOOP!
But seriously. It's a case of the blind leading the blind. Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing, so they do what their parents did who did what their parents did who were told to do what they did by people who were assholes.

It's the five monkeys and the ladder, forever.

>It's the five monkeys and the ladder, forever.
Yes, and Butterfly is the ladder.

>t. first year cultural studies

what?

Anxiety, depression, discontentment, anger, and hatred are normal things

It's obvious that this board is full of people with low openness to experience and without imagination, and for this post and all those posts that are similar I will quit Yea Forums forever, such a shit board

>Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing, so they do what their parents did
Clearly not, otherwise everything would be fine

>be born
>be taken care of
>learn to hunt, gather, fish, whatever
>learn basic lore
>get separated from your parents as a teenager and struggle to survive
>return to the tribe as a man
>bippidy boppidy boo
This was normal for hundreds of thousands of years before specialized labor.
>be born
>be taken care of
>learn to work doing what your dad did
>work
>maybe be lucky enough to get married off
>dont leave ya zone
>die
This was normal for many many years

Then comes the happy OP lifestyle

And now we live in today. Today is weird. There has never yet been anything like today. Most people cant handle it.

Yo all religious people in this thread, pray for me to do well in the military, thanks buddies

Based. One less redditor

Attached: Vargs-smile.jpg (1024x592, 123K)

You got hit with shit as a kid, didn't you

Took you a while, all shit stains on here, with a few exceptions of course

I wish. My life would be much better if I did

This is not rare at all. Most people are by definition normal, and I would go further and say most people are psychologically functional. Only maybe 15-20% of people have a legitimate mental illness that interferes with their happiness and daily life. The rest is posturing, excuse-making, whatever. Experiencing a negative emotion is not a psychological disorder.

Well, we all have dreams

Personally, I wouldn't have been normal even in the past. Too short, too small of a penis, too stupid, I'm inferior in every single way. I don't even know why I'm alive still

Life is not simple. You just described a certain optimal way of living it in a modern society. Before that people lived on farms and got raped by feudals with no education. Before that they lived in huts and got raped by Romans or something. Before that they lived in small tribes without nuclear family units, etc. Life is random, don't try to tackle it under your Judeo-Christian umbrella.

Suffering is the eternal backdrop to all of this, both the humdrum everyday variety and the more serious destabilising stuff. I could just as easily write a list of truly horrendous things that the average person will go through in their life. It takes a certain psychological profile and much righteous effort to see the list you wrote as bring ultimately worthwhile. And some people live extraordinarily difficult lives. The modern man has had the religious justification of suffering ripped out from underneath him before he was even born so is in many ways the existential man. God help us all and good luck to anyone reading this.

Life is not random. The machinations of atoms colliding determined that your ancestors were to be raped by the lords. The time traveling lords smile with their transcendental multiversic technology that allow them to indulge in the pleasures that life has to offer.

Attached: 1558986562849.jpg (748x759, 121K)

thanks man
lookin for sufferin

libtards