Hey

Hey.
Suggest me what to study in bachelor's.

Attached: 1508874775722.jpg (940x1175, 133K)

Civil Engineering. Finished 2nd year now, going to go for structural engineer masters later

thesneedBible

This does not have anything to do with literature. Go to /adv/ and get off Yea Forums

You would build roads all your life?

History

Literally whatever interests you. But in order of importance to humanity;
>Anything related to medicine
>Anything related to science
>Anything related to teaching
>Anything related to art

Attached: dunno.jpg (857x721, 275K)

This is how it is related:

>question's about bachelor's
>you read books during bachelor's

No, I would much rather design rails in that case. But I won't be going into infrastructure at all, I want to design buildings when I'm done, perhaps even bridges

I can just read Wikipedia

I recomend electrical engineering. I do not recomend medicine unless that is the only professsion you could possibly see yourself as and nothing else.

t. E.E Ph.D (Eng.D), wife is othalmology resident

sage for shit thread

>design
Where's line between you'll do and what an architect does

I am not in the field yet but from talking with active structural engineers and reading forum posts, the architect will come up with the aesthetics mainly and the structural engineer will give advice as to what is possible from a physics standpoint. I use the word design because structural engineers are part of the design process when it comes to these things. A lot of architecture firms have in-house structural engineers aswell so they don't need to co-operate with other engineering firms

Back in the days the architect would do most of this himself, so he would need to know what works and what doesn't. Nowadays the buildings are so advanced that you need to split the process up. Architects have in many ways become glorified artists today

I most strongly urge you NOT to attend university without a plan and a clear idea of major, course of study, and secure financing. If you're right out of high school go to trade school or enlist in the military.

this is what i’m doing starting this fall and it seems like it would be of interest to the average Yea Forums browser. additional note: these colleges are crawling with art hoes. it’s pretty expensive but i’m just telling them that my parents cut me off for pursuing an “impractical” education so they’re covering pretty much my entire tuition and fees

Attached: F95581AE-8323-4241-9C67-8542B5951A80.jpg (828x1227, 512K)

That's not good historical scholarship.

not OP but in similar shoes. Should i pick a major based on this? Something that has rigorous elements involving both parts of brain?

Attached: istockphoto-619536788-1024x1024.jpg (1024x996, 548K)

>enlist in military
based pynchon

>computer engineer
>unbelievable tier

Is it because of the hard work you're discouraging medicine?

How's this any different from a normal liberal arts programme

Math. Or anything in STEM.

biology

>medicine comes from this domain of knowledge
>a natural science
>can be used as a literary device
>by studying the life, you will understand more about death
>underestimated by literally everyone else.

Attached: 1547325914787.jpg (561x606, 119K)

>>can be used as a literary device
How?
Also, career of biology don't seem to be anything outside lab work or teaching

What should I do to become a writer? I just want to demagogue professionally, tell people how wrong and stupid x is and why they should listen to me, but to millions of people, not just a hundred anonymous shitposters.

I hated uni so much I just took the general 3 year BA so I didn't have to do a 4th year.

nobody reads. If you want to be an effective sophist you need to make TV shows.

In a “normal” liberal arts program, assuming you major in the humanities, most of your classes will probably have a relatively narrow focus. You will only get bits and pieces of the canon, and those will be out of order and you won’t necesarily be asked to relate them to one another. You also won’t read very many long books.

Great books is closer to the “common core” that schools like Chicago or Reed require in the first year or two, except that those curriculums are being dismantled recently because they are too white.

Of course, if you plan the classes you take well, you can basically create your own personal great books program at any university.

What's the easiest major to just make honest money off of?

Retards who indulge in tv don't have the attention span to remember the beginning of the episode by the time the credits roll around.

biology equips you with knowledge that you can use to concoct any narrative about life. isn't that what literature is all about?

biology is the science of life, and any work involving with life will benefit from biological knowledge.

Attached: 1527855460800.jpg (1008x389, 94K)

I'm studying law. How fucked I am?

>Architects have in many ways become glorified artists today
Yeah glorified shitty artists
modern modular buildings are disgusting
you lot that design them should be rounded up and sent to the jungles for ruining the eyes of millions

>honest money
>2019
You have a lot to learn.

Computer science

Game Design

loser

Attached: 1558330085964.gif (200x200, 3.85M)

honest money is just another word for no money. nepotism, affirmative action, stealing and cheating is the way to go.

Biology is for people who just want a degree but don’t want it to be liberal arts

biology is for people who don't brush their teeth or use deodorant.

Engineer obviously

med fags will go through 10 years of hyper-tracked bullshit and hurdles designed to filter them out, and call its "hardwork". MD is a non-transferable skill, and the debt is so much that you reach a point of no return. You are literally a slave that cannot stop showing up to the same big corp hospital until you are 60.

Boomers didn't work that hard to become a doctor. Once they became doctors they put up barriers and games to artificially limit the supply and protect their salary.

truth

NPC

honestly user it depends a lot on how smart you are.

By "smart" here i mean good at academics and intellectually curious.

I am not very smart:
- just get a job. learn a trade

I am above average intelligence, but not super smart:
- get a degree with a tracked career. Engineer, accountant, finance, etc.

I am very smart and autistic:
- get a STEM degree and become a researcher

I am very smart and have leadership skills:
- get a liberal arts degree and become an executive

> implying aerospace isn't a minor specialization of mechanical that involves taking 4 alternative classes.

Read the fucking curriculum before you pick a major.

I would pick history, philosophy, and theology over women's degrees like communications, and public affairs any ideas.

Attached: iq-by-college-major-gender.png (741x643, 66K)

mechanical engineering or com sci definitely, brings out creativity and need for analytical skills

>using different abbreviations for the same thing in the same picture
>inconsistent formatting and punctuation
>some subjects don't have a divider between them
>some subjects are listed multiple times in different rankings
>things that aren't even college majors are on the list
>content-less degrees like communications and business are somehow ranked higher than geography, philosophy, history, ecology
>creator is from /pol/

whoever made this is an idiot

Applied linguistics and learning how to code on the side.

>get a liberal arts degree and become an executive
That's not how you become an executive. You have to have a degree in law or finance to get there. Possibly management.

>get a liberal arts degree and become an executive
please tell me you're kidding, please.

sounds a lot like unemployment

>CS highest
have you seen CS majors? They literally can't form a coherent sentence, mumbles thousand times before telling a story. You need a major that has a balance between IQ and social skills.

CS has most amount of males, not the highest IQ. Look at the chart again

true, and it's the same for all other majors. the only reason to attend any institutional higher """education""" is to get degree.

What are the dots in the middle?

As a doctor you have the most respect of any profession, by far. You make tons of money and genuinely help society in a very direct way, saving lives. As for the debt thing, in my country it's a lot less expensive (although doctors get way less money as well) but from what I've heard, American doctors can make absolutely insane amounts, hundreds of thousands and possibly even beyond a million dollars in some cases per year. If that's true, it doesn't seem so bad.

I'd give anything to be a doctor. Sadly, I don't have the grades.

I find it hard to believe. Medicine lower than Sociology? Lol

Attached: 1541229593939.jpg (869x3565, 389K)

Not that weird. I can’t imagine anything that takes high IQ in medicine. Also there are a lot of racial minorities who enroll into medicine

It is weird. It's one of the most competitive majors requiring excellent grades and good scores on the MCAT, which is essentially an IQ test in itself.

is there a corelation between high IQ and coming off as intelligent? I mean, does someone with a high IQ necessarily comes off as intelligent in conversations?

Depends on what you intend to do with the rest of your life, and if you don't know that then don't waste time on a bachelor's. Also, this thread belongs in /adv/.

If you want a job: STEM
Otherwise: humanities

>importance to the market
>importance to humanity

>honest money

Attached: 1484078696224.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

No

Just learn a construction skill. It can be something as basic as putting up signs. Open your own small business, buy tools, and either contract or subcontract jobs. You're guaranteed at least $20/hr, usually much more. Build a website, create business cards, etc. All the zoomers avoid construction and there is always so much work that even immigrants can't fill up anything. Call around and ask for work you're interested in. Godspeed.

t. caulking contractor making six figures after 4 years of experience

I'm somewhat smart but completely lacking social skills, what do I do? I was thinking AI tech but I'm not sure anymore.