Is there a future for the novel as an artform?

Is there a future for the novel as an artform?

Attached: 1556259007815.jpg (512x288, 16K)

Ever since Don Quixote every novel has been a tired imitation. Cervantes began and ended the novel.

Attached: 1561621606214.jpg (690x518, 81K)

Ever since The Tale of Genji every novel has been a tired imitation. Murasaki began and ended the novel.

Attached: 1560605756513.png (388x422, 192K)

A novel is a long line of sentences. Is that really a specific form or is it just kind of how English works by default?

Ever since A True Story every novel has been a tired imitation. Lucian began and ended the novel.

Attached: b7b3d33ed33a60c00de64688807dee9e.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

Ever since The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard every novella has been a tired imitation. Wunjo began and ended the novella.

Attached: you.jpg (934x1400, 262K)

Trash movie

Yes. As stylish paperweights, or occasionally when you need to prop up something like a chair leg.

Ever since Infinite Jest every novel has been a tired imitation. DFW began and ended the modern novel.

Attached: download (12).jpg (274x184, 9K)

Ever since every novel has been a tired imitation. Began and ended the novel.

Absolute garbage film tbqh

Sure, google "Routledge companion to experimental literature" and just think about the greatest forms of literature like say the epic poems like Faust, Prelude, Cantos, or Paradise Lost

shit artform, read epic poetry

The novel has no future.
The prose-poem however...

Attached: Moby_Dick_final_chase.jpg (585x920, 463K)

Well said, user. Thank you for defending my honor. As a reward, you may have one invocation pass. Simply say my name, and I, Calliope, Muse of Epic Poetry and Eloquence, will manifest and fill your words with winged breath.

Attached: Calliope.jpg (371x600, 42K)

length determines content, for example, short stories are often one observation, novellas for incidents with background, and novels for character developpement. rule of thumb. no law.

My point is that the novel as a form (long line of text) is different from the novel as a genre or "tradition", with all the conventions that have grown around that. Formal experimentation is great but in this case form and content should be decoupled.

Attached: 31GohW-iv3L._BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg (181x284, 5K)

If the novel has no future, the question is what comes after it? Now that is an actually interesting question, remember that the novel is somewhat new itself, it might just be a trend. Please don't say anything digital.

Memes

I watched a youtube video of a writer proclaiming the death of the serious novel. His argument was compelling.
I ain't posting the link because ya'll a wretched congregation of fuck.
But yeah, we're moving into a visual culture as opposed to a text based culture as Michael McClure would say
post2016/lit/ is an example of this

Attached: giphy[1].gif (320x176, 2.19M)

there will always be a place for pulp fiction, genre fiction etc. But real literature is fucked. And no it is not the consequence of jews or "liberals" dominating the media

Attached: tenor[3].gif (288x256, 876K)

>So Far So Good. So Far So Good. So Far So Good. So Far So Good. So Far So Good. So Far So Good.

Attached: 0cIeuR[1].gif (320x180, 1.99M)

No bright ideas for future forms of the novel or forms that will come after it?

I honestly think that narrative poetry is going to make a comeback. Something written with meter and rhythm. Something you can chant in a performance. Poetry is powerful and it will never die.

post the video retard

Based Museposter.