DURRR NO GOOD ARGUMENTS AGAINST ANTI NATALISM

If life is suffering why don't you just kill yourself to put an end to your suffering?
>b-but I need to spread anti natalist ideas
Anti natalist ideas will lead others to suffer, as they say "ignorance is a bliss."
>b-but my friends and family will suffer
Kill them before you kill yourself.
>b-but their friends and family will suffer
That brings us back to the first point: life is suffering anyways so who cares if they suffer.

Attached: 1550788372059.jpg (442x500, 8K)

kill yourself

OP you write like a 12yo

Attached: 1560678507469.jpg (540x413, 79K)

it doesn't follow that because antinatalists don't kill themselves that their position produces a false conclusion

>Get btfo in other thread
>Make a new thread where you can just set up a strawman instead of having to refute any actual points made by the antinatalists

Attached: augustus_pontifex.jpg (245x675, 45K)

Reminder: Sage and report all off topic threads

I'm not sure if antinatalism is eugenic. On one sense, it will mean less whiny nerds will be around in the future, but probably at the cost of some intelligence - though the intelligence of the antinatalist type is ostensibly completely useless aside from finding sophisticated ways to whine anyway.

It's not about stopping suffering, you strawmanning retard. It's about preventing suffering.

>preventing suffering.
The world will always have the absolute minimum possible suffering and no action humans can take will change this

Attached: Gottfried_Wilhelm_Leibniz,_Bernhard_Christoph_Francke.jpg (220x272, 8K)

Be that as it may, I will make a conscious effort not to contribute to that suffering. I can rest easy knowing *I* have not forced another human being to undergo existence.

you sound like a woman
men dont care about having children

Anybody still has that Excel chart?

>will make a conscious effort not to contribute to that suffering
Nothing you can do will stop this being the best of all possible worlds. Given that this is the best of all possible worlds, wherever the souls of unborn people are, it is worse than here. Therefore it makes sense to make as many babies as possible so as many can enjoy this, the best of all possible worlds, rather than anything else which we know is worse

>best of all possible worlds
>literally any 5 yo kid can imagine a better world

Attached: 1556652018213.jpg (1076x829, 47K)

>can imagine a better world
So what? Has nothing to do with this being the best of all *possible* worlds

Those are a lot of bold statements that you cannot even begin to prove. Nothing you said has any basis in knowable reality.

>responding to assblasted strawman genuinely
I know you have no good intentions making this post, but I'll pretend you do in case you are capable of changing to be better.
>life is suffering why don't you kill yourself to end suffering
This would cause suffering far greater than my potential individual suffering by remaining alive. The goal is to prevent suffering. You cannot do this by causing suffering.
>my friends and family will suffer, so kill them
Antinatalists would become a hypocrite fundamentally. Prevent suffering, not stopping it.
>brings us back to the first point: who cares if they suffer?
I do and you clearly do not, hence the differences in position. If you truly didn't care for suffering, you should kill yourself in the most fantastic way possible.

What is it about retards that forces them to project so blatantly every time they are confronted with an opposing opinion?

>This would cause suffering far greater than my potential individual suffering by remaining alive. The goal is to prevent suffering. You cannot do this by causing suffering.
there are plenty of painless suicide methods, if you remain alive the amount of suffering is far bigger

anti-natalism is CIA shit dude. why would you expect to have an insightful conversation with a fucking intern payed to shitpost? Yea Forums is literally full of ignorant kids nowadays

>literally unable to think of anyone but yourself when it is explicitly said that people close to you would be harmed
you should get tested for npd

You are talking to people so retarded to not have figured out that suffering isn't inherently bad, what are you expecting? If it is anything but retardation tier arguments you seriously have a problem.

Why would you are argue mathematics with a person unwilling to admit that 2+2=4?

the problem that the anti-natalist exist in is not in the existence of actual human suffering but in their perceiving of said suffering.
there is, after all, no efficient, or even feasible way to determine the amount of suffering experienced by all available humanity.
the anti-natalist assumes that suffering always weight heavier on the scale than whatever state of being should run counter or at least is more beneficial to humanity than suffering.
but lacking any means of quantifying said suffering the only logical basis for the anti-natalist to measure suffering is by the perception of suffering held by people.
therefore it only makes sense that to decrease the amount that suffering is perceived
is to decrease the state of suffering in the world.
the best way to reach this objective is to eliminate the populace which have to greatest and most intensely felt perception of human suffering, ie: anti-natalists

Ah, finally someone with an actual counter argument.
>This would cause suffering far greater than my potential individual suffering by remaining alive
How does ending your suffering cause more suffering?
>The goal is to prevent suffering
"Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom."
suffering is inevitable. You cannot prevent it, only end it.
>Antinatalists would become a hypocrite fundamentally. Prevent suffering, not stopping it.
Death is like the state of before you were born. Did you experience suffering before you were born?
>I do and you clearly do not, hence the differences in position.
If you care for people's suffering you can do something about it: end their suffering.

>This would cause suffering far greater than my potential individual suffering by remaining alive.
But why are you CHOOSING to suffer?
Clearly posting on Yea Forums is causing us both suffering, instead you could lie in your bed staring at the wall.
Why aren't you, if you live in a western country, a filthy NEET only preoccupied with sustaining yourself, but disregarding any non-essential activity, as they all cause you suffering.

Oh wait, I know the answer, you are a giant hypocrite.

I got work in 15. I would love to discuss this more. in maybe 5 hours (if the thread is still up), I will respond.

Why are anti-natalists always privileged first worlders? You don’t see Africans spouting this nonsense and their lives are infinitely worse

This has nothing to do with literature. Go to /pol/ or /leftypol/, you absolute fucking retard.

>I got work in 15.
That's unnecessary suffering, something you are arguing against, quit it right now and become a NEET.

In 5 hours it will be 3 in the night here and I will be soundly asleep.

boredom is worse than misery

>You don’t see Africans spouting this nonsense and their lives are infinitely worse
Suffering is subjective and cannot be quantified. Are you retarded, have you actually not noticed this yet?

Ah, the old reddit switcheroo!