Once you understand social psychology and politics at a high enough level, isn't the study of history just...

Once you understand social psychology and politics at a high enough level, isn't the study of history just... extra facts? Is history, dare I say it, the least Yea Forums of all academic fields?

Attached: 800px-David-Oath_of_the_Horatii-1784.jpg (800x420, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moderateascetic.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-commentary.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

moderateascetic.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-commentary.html?m=1

Better view the study of historyit as the meat and potatos of social psychology and politics.

How would those two exist without a thourough understanding of history?

Attached: thumb-1920-708193.jpg (1900x1336, 2.62M)

>Sieg Heil

Yeah, 1488 brüder

No, user.
Go Read Sarte.

Once you understand the metaphysical properties of the universe, isn't the study of social psychology and politics just... highly specific details? Is western knowledge, dare I say it, purely materialistic and lacking in reach?

Attached: 1424893202425.jpg (613x431, 23K)

>Go Read Sarte.

the level of brainlettuce

>Once you understand the moves of all the pieces, isn't the study of chess just... extra facts? Is chess, dare I say it, the least strategic of all board games?

Once you attain direct knowledge through experience of the nature of consciousness, aren't the metaphysical properties of the universe fairly... intuitive? Is formalized thought and communal organization, dare I say it, purely the result of ignorance of one's one conditioning and the way it operates dynamically with others?

If we're being honest, yes it is. Look at any interview of the top chess players in the world - they're higher on the spectrum than anyone you'll ever meet, and very few of them seem to even enjoy playing.

cringe

Attached: c3ce83bb047fb7306ddbfdd1776041c3.jpg (492x700, 50K)

You must have misunderstood the OP.

Yes and this is the flash card picture I use to remember the German “die Schwur”

Historians are very reddit

Easy answer, give us your high-level understanding of social psychology and politics.

You have it the wrong way around. Literature provides a superfluous filigree to make fictional stories appear more life-like in order to communicate readily accessible observations about life and society. Once one has an understanding of psychology and politics, history becomes the only literature of interest.

But is such a level of understanding even possible?

history is important to high enough people , if you study history you study the future

Based

Attached: 1522607757730.jpg (700x712, 70K)

Once you understand God, isn't the study of metaphysical properties of the universe just... highly specific details? Is western metaphysics, dare I say it, purely hypothetical and reductionist?

Probably the worst take I've read on lit today.