Can read 30 pages in an hour at most

>can read 30 pages in an hour at most
>apparently norm is like 60-70 pages/hour

Attached: 1544658885385.png (665x676, 426K)

Do you subvocalize when you read?

The norm for what books?

Childhood is trying to read faster. Adulthood is writing down notes blind at the end of every chapter.

Depends on the book. Also, read at your own pace. It's a book, not a fucking marathon.

Where in the fuck is 60/70 pages the norm? Plebfiction?

>It's a book, not a fucking marathon.
>marathon

I think you meant race, you dimwitted faggot.

Can you listen to audiobooks? Just do that, if you have to.

Adulthood is letting go of this ancient, forced meme.

>not being able to read at least 80-100 pages an hour
Do people actually do this?

at times it took me an hour to read 10 pages of Middlemarch, but no matter what book who gives a shit how long it takes just fuckin read

redpill me on subvocalization

>he can’t read the whole book in an hour
Never going to make it

Attached: C54B1E68-9EB0-4264-85A3-21786D651CFF.jpg (750x747, 306K)

>caring about efficiency
>especially when it comes to something for personal enjoyment

Attached: 1546832526551.jpg (634x435, 61K)

>not wanting to maximize the amount of books you read in your lifetime

>not subvocalizing

what's the point really? Unless you're reading for others rather than yourself

Keep reading fiction bro

I would prefer reading at a more comfortable, steady pace of reading thirty pages in about an hour, rather than speed-reading through to sixty pages per hour. Sixty pages per hour is a page a minute, implying that you keep on reading each page about as equally fast as the one before, and the next. I would rather spend two or three minutes on certain pages, in order to better comprehend what I am reading, or to simply take it in slowly to enjoy the experience more. There is more intensity in that, I think, rather than reading as though I have entered a contest.

>reading as a surrogate activity.
Your really shouldn't be reading more than like 200 books in a lifetime unless your only goal is the masturbatory act of "playing with ideas" or even worse "fun"

read something else retard

I gave up a long time ago. Just read for pleasure at my own pace now. when I have to research something I do the same. fuck it. Not the brightest, not the smartest, not the fuckgiver.

I am doing this sometimes. What is Yea Forums's consensus on this?

you shouldn't be doing it, it slows you

Do it for fiction and poetry
Try to avoid for non-fiction stuff

You can't read more than you can read

reading != comprehension
sounds like the anglo mindset, quantity > quality.

How do you stop?

shitty speedreader

are you retarded or something? Can you not understand there's a difference in information density between nearly all books? I keep seeing these posts pop up here, really if all you can post about is how many pages you read in an hour from god knows what book, or whether or not you subvocalize, I see no point in this board existing in the first place.
Stop worrying so much abput superficial shit and read the fucking book, you noobs.

who gives a shit. savor that shit my negro

If you criticize yourself for your reading speed it will drain your motivation to read so don't worry about it. If you are still worried about it just know that practice makes perfect and if you practice speed reading it will happen.

Dilate

Not subvocalising is the reading equivalent of eating junk food.

trips of truth

>the point of life is maximization
begone anglo