One shot at life

>one shot at life
>subvocalizer

Attached: 1561282984035.jpg (378x300, 16K)

As opposed to what? NPC gist reader?

Bet you can't even visualise a red star in your minds eye.

Fiction, poetry, speeches, should be subvocalized, and there's no reaso not to subvocalize difficult philosophy.
In fact, the only time you should question your IQ is if you need to subvocalize every word of a textbook or history/science/'pop' stuff.

People who never subvocalize probably never dialogue with themselves, they walk around silent inside, no thoughts of their own.

Dont' worry, the ancients did it.

Ouch

Everyone subvocalizes.
sometimes I subvocalize the sound of thing hitting other things.

How can you even read something without subvocalising it?

Even when I type everything has to be subvocalized or I literally couldn't type anything

I will try and type BIRD without subvocalising

bird

Nope

It's impossible.

Attached: my kokoro.png (467x504, 234K)

Yes I can, but then I type gibberish.

you mean only a few people can subvocalise? whats bad about that?
i dont get it

Just read more and it'll go away eventually

what does it mean if I can do both, I can read without a thought entering my head and still be able to summarize the last chapter or if I want I can subvocalize

I'm trying but I don't think I can imagine color

>I can read without a thought entering my head

retention isn't as good as when sub vocalizing but most of it is still retained, I'm pretty sure it's just because of my autism though the best way to explain would be you can understand a picture without having to describe it internally it's like that but with words

for reading, try chewing on something to keep your mouth busy and read a little faster. youl find that while you don't retain as much information, you get the gist of what's being said. good for shitty prose and any reading you have to do but don't want to.

>People who never subvocalize probably never dialogue with themselves, they walk around silent inside, no thoughts of their own.

Wouldn't that be a soliloquy? Why would you even do that instead of reasoning? in b4 dialectical method

Sure, most of my thoughts are voiceless like pseudo-emotions. But you still need snappy oneliners or quoteable quotes to lock the ideas into place, without these mind notes you'll probably forget them, it also helps to write them down—and to do that you need to vocalize them; my internal dialogue is usually a continuation of a discussion I've had earlier or will have further on, so I respond to unsubvocalized ideas with subvocalization.
>Like talking with the Forms.

>Fiction, poetry
Absolutely. A major part of it is to enjoy the beauty of the language, which is intricately wound up with the sounds.

The notion of subcovalizing being an inefficient for reading is a dumbass meme to begin with. The brain's connectionist association network connects the meaning of words to sounds at the very beginning when you are learning them. Without the sounds there is no meaning.

Now reading or doing math is a completely different story.

>In fact, the only time you should question your IQ is if you need to subvocalize every word of a textbook or history/science/'pop' stuff.
Well, what if I do subvocalize every word when reading a textbook? Am I dumb?

The red star is the biggest meme.