What was Nietzsche’s IQ?

What was Nietzsche’s IQ?
I suspect somewhere around 130, as he was smart, but his lack of understanding surrounding metaphysics makes me believe that he wasn’t THAT smart.

Attached: 90260919-186A-435F-B5DD-9B1C46CEA1C0.jpg (2334x3189, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu_pqP7_IUE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

between 70-85 most likely

He was probably very high iq, he was a professor at like 21

>If you are interested in falsifiability as a general guideline of procesaing information and scmtructuring opinions, then it's because all ideas but materialism are beyond your tiny comprehension.

Get a job and spend a month sober.

>his lack of understanding surrounding metaphysics
What do you mean?
Also IQ tests didn't exist at any point during his lifetime so there's no way to answer this question, and there still wouldn't be even if IQ were anything other than a measure of how well an individual can solve certain kinds of simple mathematical problems (which it is).

I don't know, but I can tell OP is 95 on a good day.

Ah poor brainlets

He was not capable of the abstract thought required for metaphysical speculation, and thus, he clung to the material and praised it like it was his own child. This was not a sign of intelligence, but rather a furtive attempt to hide his ignorance and shortcomings when it came to things beyond his immediate comprehension.

Attached: 31960386-B7B6-4C76-96E8-81ED9C1508A7.png (710x823, 302K)

If he was so smart, why did he eat nothing but fruit?

>somewhere around 130
>tfw as smart as nitch

Fruits are based, the only reason not to eat them is if ripe ones are not available. He probably should have gotten them juiced though, undoubtedly the excess fiber contributed to his intestinal troubles.

130 IQ is avg on this board so stop being lazy and read then write

>why did he eat nothing but fruit?
He was a NEET and had to save money.

This. Nietzsche is emotive and has nothing interesting to say. But I do not really blame him that much because of his condition. Maybe if he wasn't so sick all the time he would have made interesting developments in philosophy.

he is a poor man's mainlander

He brought up apollonian dionysian dualistic historicism and his work on master-slave relation was great

This post is yet another example of someone overrating Nietzsche due to lack of knkwledge about the 19th century

Wdym

Nietzsche's ideas are always so uninformative. He's more destructive rather than constructive, and even his destructive projects are nothing more than autistic screeching. His Apollonian/Dionysian dichotomy isn't even new, Rudolf Steiner used it before him. Nietzsche's master-slave morality is nothing more than a simplistic rehashing of Hegel's master-slave dialectic. He doesn't deserve to be called a philosopher in my opinion.

Stuff predates Nietzsche

0/10

Attached: 712D1CA1-A55A-4526-96FD-1B247985A06C.jpg (500x458, 27K)

135-145

i unironically think im smarter than nietszche just because he's a huge brainlet when it comes to mathematics which probably also means he's retarded when it comes to abstract thinking (i have never seen any evidence of abstract thinking in his writings)

>He was not capable of the abstract thought required for metaphysical speculation, and thus, he clung to the material and praised it like it was his own child.
[citation needed]

My IQ is 125 and I’m retarded so his has to be like 150-160

I hate how IQ has turned into some sort of DBZ power-level metric. Just fuck off already.

135 or so is around the average Yea Forums poster, and I could see him posting here, so that sounds right.

Qiq has a verbal component as well b

Keep seething brainlet

If you notice there's no actual discussion that goes on. It's really pathetic.

He transcend the IQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu_pqP7_IUE

Probably not always accurate by a deviation or so but it basically is. We should have the utmost respect for the high iq for providing us with life in this world.

>Nietzsche's master-slave morality is nothing more than a simplistic rehashing of Hegel's master-slave dialectic.
You posted cringe! You are going to lose subscriber!

Brainlets read him at face-value and think he's deep.
Midwits read him at face-value and think he's overrated.
Big-brains (like myself) detect and appreciate the hidden complexities in his work.

nitch have big hard pp

This is seriously low effort bait. I would know, I've crawled this shithole board almost 10 years.

>having knowledge means you're smart
American education strikes again.

It wasn’t knowledge; he was completely inept at any kind of abstract thinking.

Tell me more.

Attached: nietzsches_world.jpg (1200x413, 255K)

>IQ as a measure of philosophical insight
>guessing the IQ of dead people
>Nietzsche criticizing the Western metaphysical tradition is synonymous with him not understanding it
>the Will to Power is a strictly materialistic concept

It's like you wanted to bring all the idiotic conceptions about Nietzsche in one containment thread.

Based Übermensch brothers! God is dead xd

Attached: 89CC0D32-568B-4595-B174-86BA37A18C8A.png (399x399, 179K)

t. Hasn’t read Nietzsche

>you’ve only read Nietzsche if you lick his boots and don’t recognize his flaws

What kind of a response is that? Do you really have nothing to add?

Attached: 1354846905540.jpg (328x343, 8K)

I’ll put in the amount of effort you do

I think he needed the fiber for his intestinal problems. Or felt he did.

Most the world disagrees with your assessment

Most of the board thinks you’re an annoying tripfag, but does that make it true?

i suck cocks for 5$ and will let you cum in my mouth for 15$

Okay, then provide an excerpt that justifies your claim as I did before.

>if IQ were anything other than a measure of how well an individual can solve certain kinds of simple mathematical problems (which it is).

I tested at 140ish as a child and I've never been more than slightly above average at math at best. Spatial reasoning isnt the same as math, and there's a large verbal/linguistic component as well.

Attached: DE6F96B0-5963-4BCA-B32A-C54EF2637AB6.jpg (850x400, 41K)

summer is here...

Summer, indeed, is.
But here?

see

What, you don't like my prices?

you can't fool anyone with that terrible fake
at least do this

Anonymous fools. Im a real woman

Is this postmodernism?

asddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Its been eternal summer here since 2016, I hear.

where'd your lover go

Eternal Summer is the name of a visual novel made by anons from the Russian imageboard 2ch hk

What's up butts? Rough morning huh?

Mainlander couldn't into the eternal recurrence

Yea Forums meetup?

Nietzsche was not capable of abstract thought

Attached: C290F9CE-8B99-454B-9E14-9B1548226BFE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.58M)

Donno, don’t care..

Dystopian. Any good?

Not even me

Clearly not the case

Nietzsche was not, by any means, capable of thinking outside of materialism. He did not grasp metaphysics, and this is evident by his vague attempts at trying to refute it. If he did understand it, he could of formulated a solid argument as to why it was wrong instead of rehashing things he heard from previous philosophers. Garbage.

Attached: 767171C2-2319-4452-AE5B-ABE48B4C8AE9.jpg (4602x3852, 1.4M)

0/10

Attached: E1C2F160-276F-470B-86B3-574B21A90BB3.jpg (400x400, 92K)

materialism is a metaphysics, dumbass

>materialism is metaphysics
It’s retarded...

Depends. Unfortunately, it isn't dystopian, much more generic. It's about an user, who is a worthless NEET. One day he gets on a bus, falls asleep, then wakes up in the same bus at a Soviet summer camp, mostly filled with girls which he has to romance. The highlight of the game was when I successfully seduced one of the girls, only for her to commit suicide after we spent the night in her tent. Probably after she realises whom she was seduced by.

If you're well read in philosophy you see through Nietzsche straight away. Hegel did master slave, Heraclitus did the flux of appearances, Schopenhauer the striving will, Callicles did might is right ethics, Protagoras did perspectivism, Parmenides and Heraclitus did contradictions. Fuck even Schelling did his cosmology to an extent before him.

>materialism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism

Metaphysics, by definition, is ‘beyond physics’
Materialism is not beyond physics, it’s the opposite.

>by definition
No, just by etymology

Definition of metaphysics

1a(1) : a division of philosophy that is concerned with the fundamental nature of reality and being and that includes ontology, cosmology, and often epistemology

>No, just by etymology
So the literal meaning of the word?

metaphysics was done after kant. there is the knowable, the domain of science, and the unknowable, whereof we're silent. except you, you loud mouth cunt

nope. that's not how words work. A faggot may have been a bundle of sticks, but now its meaning is exemplified by you, you fucking faggot.

>muh Wikipedia article told me so guys!
Okay buddy, think what you want.

seething
go read the dictionary, dumbass

you really are a moron

You really want that last word, don’t you?

Attached: 604E7E46-ABE7-4E48-8F79-3FE0641B0D61.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

This is a stupid bait thread but what the hell. Guys like Nietzsche, who are part of the Western canon, will always be in the top 0.1% simply because they're part of the Western canon. Whether you believe in what they say or not. Nietzsche in particular has this uncanny ability to destroy a whole thinker or line of thought (I'm thinking of Kant and stoicism respectively) with just a few sentences. His lengthy diatribes against Wagner were influential as hell, while he didn't personally believe a word he wrote about him. (He admitted in private letters to his friend Peter Gast that Parsifal was Wagner's best music, that "all other music sounds like a mistake" in comparison to the Prelude, all while in his publications he expressed his utter hatred for Parsifal.) Der Fall Wagner opens with Nietzsche's unrelenting praise for "Bizet's masterpiece, Carmen" while he talks in letters to Gast about how that was basically all bullshit to make a point.
He was fluent in Latin, Ancient Greek, French, and English. He expressed his admiration for Dante multiple times, so it's safe to assume he learned enough Italian to read him in the original. He was a professor at the age of 24. His first serious work, The Birth of Tragedy, was derided by his philologist contemporaries -- contemporaries whose names are forever lost to history while The Birth of Tragedy proved hugely influential, the mark of genius. And with all of this, his prose is in Germany to be considered among the best, and probably THE best among all German philosophers.

Attached: nietzsche.jpg (700x1035, 177K)

Welcome to Yea Forums newfriend!

He had no ability to think outside of the box, however, which made him garbage for anything outside of improving already presented works. Not really impressive.

You're actually not saying anything at all...

Can you not read? I said:
“He had no ability to think outside of the box, however, which made him garbage for anything outside of improving already presented works. Not really impressive.”

>IMPRESS ME IMPRESS ME IMPRESS ME
>MUH BOX MUH BOX
Jeez Zoomer-user you're really wasting time.

That’s not an argument....*sigh*

What's the box? What's in the box??

The box is materialism; inside are simple men.

Cite the passage where you believe Nietzsche believed in materialism, hence unconvincing for your i'm-so-all-above this attitude.

Materialism has a metaphysical structure like science does. Materialism is still push towards physics even if you can talk about the essence of physics that doesn't make physics philosophy, just says philosophy precedes physics

Attached: received_252149875740117.jpg (805x960, 74K)

Metaphysics, by definition, refers to the writings that came ‘after the “Physics” ’ by Aristotle.

“Heraclitus will remain eternally right with his assertion that being is an empty fiction. The apparent world is the only one: the “true” world is merely added by a lie.”

>We have done away with the true world: what world is left over? The apparent one, maybe? . . . But no! Along with the true world, we have also done away with the apparent!

>I used wikipedia as literature

it was below 167, ted kaczynskis iq how tells us to fuck technology before we destroy the planet.

Where can i join an anti technological cult.

He can't. He hasn't read Nietzsche.

>I have no idea what I’m talking about and use poorly cited Wikipedia articles to get my information

Merriam Webster dictionary, you queer.

Great thread. I had to chuckle several times. Great that someone mentioned Schopenhauer, which is the better philosopher.

>doesn’t know what a prefix is

You must be really retarded to think metaphysical abstraction is the discipline where brute-force intellect shows itself the most. Why are metaphysicians so goddamn stupid?

Ever attended a math lecture you dumb fuck? Metaphysics is baby's first language game, children can unpack Plotinus.

user, what are you doing
give up, you've lost

Attached: 1561199925553.png (1964x1570, 736K)

>can’t grasp metaphysics
>tries to cope with “but muh math!”
Sad!
Did Wikipedia tell you that?

Attached: DCFBA800-8BD0-4FA9-B9F4-D6BE0622CA8C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

He became a professor of philology at the age of 21. As someone who graduated cum laude in Classics at the age of 25, I'd say that being a professor in philology at 21 is prodigious. He probably had genius-level IQ tbqh. Same could be said of John Stuart Mill.

Wrote my master's thesis on Plotinus/Hegel. You are an insecure pseudo-intellectual, you know I'm right. You also know that that is the worst part of it all.

>tries to brag about his “master's thesis on Plotinus/Hegel”
>calls me an insecure pseudo-intellectual
I laughed

Nobody cares

>flexing with random book pics
>misusing established terms
>makes claims without supporting them evidence
>claims Nietzsche was a materialist
>is a total faggot
go back from whence you came

>he’s still angry about being btfo earlier, so he tries desperately to start pulling for straws
I almost feel bad for you

Attached: 1560565769343.jpg (518x1024, 66K)

Okay. So is it automatically true that by denying the concept of "true world" and "apparent world" one is assumed to be a believer in materialism? You're the one who fell into the trap thinking that he believed in that when Nietzsche addressed this problem in the earlier aphorisms of Beyond Good and Evil, but also gave his view of what reality is in The Will to Power, and that worldview fueled the french theorists later in the 20th century. You're not the genius here, sorry, so don't be so envious of Nietzsche mmkay? ;)

?? Those two points are not interrelated though. Why are you so insecure to another anons?

>someone calls me a pseudo-intellectual in a thread
>I retort them and expose the irony in their words
>uhh why are you so insecure, sweety? Who hurt you?

but there is no irony in his words

I don't think IQ is an accurate method of gauging intelligence

I mean what does 'intelligence' even mean? Pattern recognition and simple mathematic skills? Counting down from 100? No. Intelligence is something unquantifiable. The only thing an IQ test measures is how well you're able to take IQ tests.
But I would think Frederich was like ~180 or so.

Attached: hegel.jpg (674x506, 79K)

>it's another amerimutt cock measuring contest
I hate this place

I’m letting you have the last word, champ.

>IQ is real life Dragon Ball power levels
holy shit I never thought of it that way

classy.

Attached: 1547719262332.jpg (165x250, 6K)

Based

IQ is a shitty system, it ignores many forms of intelligence and only focuses on only specific forms instead. For example, Mike Tyson had a very low IQ score, but he's still more successful than most of the fags ITT who claim to be high IQ.

>But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Denouncing metaphysics as idealistic hogwash doesn't mean he couldn't grasp it.

>thinking outside the box
That sounds like a phrase some overpaid elementary school teacher would use at the start of "arts and crafts hour".

>IQ is shit because it doesn't measure the ability to succeed at something that has little to do with intelligence
That's a terrible example, user.

except it doesn't. The general IQ score is composed of different sub scores. The actual report will give you a detailed explanation and insight into the subscores you obtained.

Mike Tyson is dumb as shit though. Outliers don’t disprove the trend.

>uncanny ability to destroy a whole thinker or line of thought (I'm thinking of Kant and stoicism respectively) with just a few sentences

lmao lets see this

>Wrote my master's thesis on Plotinus/Hegel.

can i read it? thats big brain

Is he really that dumb? I've seen his podcast and he was pretty enlightened about a few things

Got some news for you, user.

Stupid people can say smart things. Iq is legit people just underrate both what a 70 iq is capable of and what a 140 iq is capable of. Lots of more or less functional people have abysmally low iqs, and the high iqs understanding is universally vast, they are better at everything, even “emotional intelligence” is something that the high iq will have more of.

Are IQ tests a good measure of intelligence?

Evaluate.

>The general IQ score is composed of different sub scores.
It doesn't matter when the sub-scores are all basically maths-related. People can be talented in various things, not just maths.

>little to do with intelligence
I hope you don't believe that something like fighting a boxing match or MMA doesn't require intelligence. There's a reason why fight IQ is a thing.

How does Nietzsche compare to Hegel?

Nietzsche was the anti-Hegel.

>Mike Tyson is dumb as shit though.
That's the point. Even then, despite that he had the fighting intelligence to make it to the top.

What's his fight IQ?
~190?

Attached: adesanya.jpg (649x365, 22K)

He didn’t agree with him, but he still stole his ideas and then changed them a little so he could pass them off as his own.

Yes. What they aren't a good measure of is wisdom.

Hegel's master and slave dialectic and Nietzsche's master and slave morality are too similar concepts for it to just be a coincidence, so Nietzsche definitely read Hegel but was too smug and arrogant to give credit where it was due.

But does Hegel regard the dialectic as an emergent property of perspectivism, as Nietzsche does for morality? Nietzsche's master-slave morality system is founded on a grand natural order rather than mere dialectics.

I'm not sensing how that is relevant given that both of them are trying to explain where domination and submission come from in social situations; Nietzsche clearly gives it much more determinism view in my opinion, given that he thinks that having a certain morality causes you to act in a specific way. People with master moralities will not view domination as bad, hence they will dominate, and people who have slave morality view domination as bad, hence they won't.

Hegel thinks however that lordship and bondage is a dialectic, meaning it is argued or fought over, and the resolution of the dialectic is a specific social system and order where people accept their positions as masters and slaves, not that there is something intrinsic about being a "master" or a "slave".

>I'm not sensing how that is relevant given that both of them are trying to explain where domination and submission come from in social situations
Well, because of this:

>Hegel thinks however that lordship and bondage is a dialectic, meaning it is argued or fought over

Nietzsche does not think of it this way. Master and slave are master and slave by their nature. You're right that he gives it a more deterministic vibe than Hegel. Moralities are emergent properties of nature. So, they both used the dichotomy to explain social situations, but they conceive of the dichotomy in very different ways and come to different conclusions as a result.

I don't disagree entirely, but it's quite clear that Nietzsche read Hegel and tried to improve him, without giving him credit.

Perhaps, though it's not like it matters. He pretty much discarded Hegel's idea as soon as he read it apparently.

Cpuld you please torrent all your Björk pics? I'll seed for eternity.

115 is usually the range of people who arent dumb but think they are way smarter than they actually are so id guess Nietzsche is in that range. Im probably around 150.

Could be 160 or 170. I know what a person with 180 feels like and im generally justslightly below that.

I rest my head on 115
but miracles only happen on 34th

>this is what iqlets tell themselves
anyone under 150 should be culled

>those fucking eyes

Well done to the painter. I can feel the desperation.

The delusions and pomposity exhibited in this thread is too much, even for lit levels.

I've never been evaluated, but I can tell I'm really smart. Probably in the 150-170 range nothing special.
No I've never produced anything new and I can relate well to nearly everyone around me, why do you ask?
S-s-standard deviation? What's that?

Im always humble but is it really the case that i am humble if i let an idiot pretend to be smarter than me? Am i really doing him or anyone else a service?

I mean I suppose I should be quietbut is it my fault if I can find only tree philosophers in the entire western cannon who can match my intellectual capacity?

For as long as you have produced nothing new of similar influence they have far exceeded you, even if their conclusions have proven misguided over time.
Any idiot can follow.

Point out which one, I hope that mine isn't included ;)

try 181

Attached: img_2322.jpg (2465x1863, 1.67M)

Imagine thinking Nietzsche’s criticism of the stoics was in anyway impressive

Where should someone who has never read nietzsche start? Should i go right into Zarathustra?

You shouldn’t read Nietzsche at all; read Neoplatonist, the Kyballion, Aleister Crowley and other metaphysical works instead. If you can understand them, you’re already a step above Nietzsche and other materialist.

Attached: 101271A4-C352-436F-9179-BC4810E7B002.jpg (330x330, 25K)

>lol he has low IQ
super-saiyan master race here

IQ fetishization is for incels, sorry

by modern standards? yeah probably 130, but thats probably low balling it. By his eras standards? He was probably one of smartest people alive. Top 1000, maybe.

What was OP’s IQ?
I suspect somewhere around 87, as he was smart, but his lack of understanding surrounding IQ makes me believe that he wasn’t THAT smart.

AHAHHAHHAHA
Delicious bait, OP. Really well done.
Placing his IQ at around 130 is subtle enough for people to not call you out like under 110 would be, but still low enough to get people mad. Using "metaphysics" as a sort of religious word too as an excuse in which you could easily have an out with, too, to continue making mad.
Look at everyone genuinely getting mad... this thread is doing better than my stoic bait thread a while ago.

>140
why do his pupils differ?

As I suspect you are being genuine, start with the Gay Science. Since it is aphoristic and covers a wide range of topics, it should be a good intro to Nietzsche.
Zarathustra is mostly metaphorical, and is pretty much impossible to understand if you haven't read Nietzsche before, as 99% of it's meaning will go completely past you (which is why so many people say nietzsche is nonsense, btw, as for example people will actually think, when Nietzsche uses the word "dancing", he really means dancing lol).

more than 135

>Hegel's master and slave dialectic and Nietzsche's master and slave morality are too similar concepts for it to just be a coincidence
only they aren't similar other than name, which is all people that don't read the two see lol

150+ master race reporting in. Pearls before swine

He was a fascist, so definitely midwit level, 110-120

I like this bait. It's just fucked up that there are people on this board who genuinely think like this.

ITT: everyone is 120 IQ and above

''Plato is a coward before reality, consequently he flees into the ideal''

Only good post ITT

If you think I’m buying a book called “Gay Science” you are mistaken.

>he was smart, but his lack of understanding surrounding metaphysics makes me believe that he wasn’t THAT smart
Based

Lectures us about that 19th century you like to talk about so much then.

He was the original soiboy.

Holy mother of cringe, what do we have here? A freshman?

a true autist

>lack of understanding
>uses IQ as a singular metric of someone's intelligence

>this is how the brainlet copes
Read Dostoyevsky

Attached: 095ABD41-32CC-4F12-ACD5-FEF4C11EB69F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)

Even your cat is not amused

>uses IQ as a singular metric of someone's intelligence
The brainlet wants to be smart, but can't

Attached: 4113E5A1-EB44-4DAB-8841-AD42259DF532.png (1300x2000, 306K)

See: Winckelmann

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Based.
Not sure if bait you’re doing yourself a disservice by being vexed by the notions someone else has of you, especially someone you deem as intellectually inferior. Let the fool be happy be happy dwelling in ignorance, and you, maybe a tad less foolish, acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things you know maybe a little better, so don’t flatter yourself as above anyone, and be your actions and your way of life and your love for wisdom speak for you, not your knowledge.