Language battle

Im about to start learning lit at the university, and i need to pick a language to study in addition.
Which would you recommend of these?

>french
>german
>russian
>italian
>spanish

I would say russian, but ill prefer to learn one that can lead to other like french>italian>spanish etc.

Pic not related

Attached: IMG_20190622_103925.jpg (900x515, 173K)

You should eventually learn French/German/Russian and maybe Latin no matter what, minimum

French is the easiest
Russian has the best literature of all time
German has the most good literature
Spanish is the most useful if you're a burger

>he studies literature in University
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Attached: 1560555614715.jpg (467x700, 53K)

wat

I'd be wary of using the romance languages to learn each other. You'll need to really master one of them before moving on, otherwise you'll end up in a mess of false friends and inappropriate expressions.

/thread

What do you know already? Only English?
This. It's truly a meme to do so.

French is the most interesting language, tons of good literature.

russian is ridiculously hard to master for an english speaker, so only do this if you're specifically obsessed with it.
t. native speaker
i'd say spanish if you are american (would be very useful as a bonus to its inherent value), italian if you're in europe (just a beautiful language)

Russian or German since they are considerably more difficult than the Romance languages and you'll need more help and guidance and time to learn them. To choose between Russian or German think about which one you are more interested in, but also keep in mind Russian is definitely more difficult than German.

Attached: 1553233774758.png (2000x2200, 842K)

I would say the opposite if you just get 4 flimsy semesters of a foreign language. Pick something like Russian and you will barely go anywhere but in the same time with French you would get much further.

fair point.

Uni isn't going to teach you how to read/speak a language: only the rules. Two months of self-teaching will do more than 5 months in a classroom. However, if you in conjunction with the grammar rules in class also decide to self-teach (read tons of short stories) in the target language, you'll be years ahead of those mouth-breathing troglodytes in your undergraduate program.
French or Spanish will give you the most Yea Forums reading materials.

My mother tongue is not english and is very far from almost any other modern spoken language.

They did say i would be able to understand lectures if i would participate in an exchange students program

Spanish has the best contemporary literature and also probably the best since the mid 20th centhury desu.
In the end, really I'd recommend you learn the one whose literature's interests you the most.

>My mother tongue is not english and is very far from almost any other modern spoken language.
Which is it?

desu Spanish is easier than French. Fuck trying to pronounce that shit

If you want fluency I recommend Italian since it has the lowest required hours for near native fluency (if memory serves). You can use it for other Romance languages. German is a good start for language in general as it will accustom you to declension and alternative head order while also being somewhat familiar due to historical roots woth English. Russian is going to fuck you hard.

>My mother tongue is not english and is very far from almost any other modern spoken language.
Aha, so you're that pajeet fluent in a random village language

Yeah I did this. I am a native speaker of English and Spanish. Took four semesters of French. My speaking sucks but I can read pretty well.

Later learnt Arabic fluently, and some Chinese and Russian.