Arguments

Good books on argumentative skillsets?

Have you ever tried to reason with a person on something? Have you ever noticed that they only ever agree with whatever is the most popular? Is there any way to stop this?

I'm going to rebuff a few counterarguments before you get to them, as is my custom

-Popular denotes something popular within the person's general group, a person likes punk music because they have punk friends
-The particular argument is one I've had several times and only seem to get feigned agreeances to, that's all you need
-If you like, you can disagree as well

Attached: 51YkP99tp-L__SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x309, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

signosemio.com/wittgenstein/language-games.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a person likes punk music because they have punk friends
you know people self-organize into given groups and their worldview is more causative of their social groups than the other way around, right

You have to be very convincing but if they don't value your point (they don't value logic or reasoning, they don't listen to the music or we to listen to great music but to be w the scene or hang w friends) then it'll just come off as an attack

No

n ur wrong

You don't self-organize into anything, absolutely nothing in your life has been organized by yourself, you didn't even make your desk

Good point, but how could you add value to a point? Facts, you would think, but that is not the case, ever

literally the mindset of a child who's never lacked an authority figure to impose structure onto his life (and never sufficiently broke from the influence of that authority).

So you built your desk?

Damn

But sure, I guess you're right. I am a child

i built a desk when i was younger because i thought home depot was cool but my current desk is ikea. anyway don't feel pressure to develop your entire personality before you finish college or whatever you end up doing, individuality is a lifelong journey

Why'd you quit using that desk?

You have to find the language game they're using then respond based on that. If for instance I was promoting techno Iand it was a friend thing i would explain how you can go to raves and punk shows w ur friends and it's insanely amazing w a great community, and i would mention things about the community i like like randomly going to ppls houses w ppl we just met and hanging out w the DJ or celebrities at Coachella. You could bring up easy sex but ud have to find out if that's part of the language game they're using when they say they like punk because of community.
If you spoke about how intricate and complex and impactful the music could be you'd be speaking off topic and he would be having to give you a "social allowance " to let u speel, which u have to pay for at some point

English I guess

I suppose promoting techno would require some sort of "Have you heard techno?"

No language game as in wittgenstein, read philosophical investigations by him and the 7 habits of highly effective people

Only if those aren't listed in a google search for the word argumentative

signosemio.com/wittgenstein/language-games.asp

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-151018_Chrome.jpg (1197x430, 134K)

in the intervening years i've only kept hold of my computer and my clothes among a few other possessions as I bounced between bad situations. i lived in an abandoned RV park in colorado for a while, spent time working for a few illegal weed grows, had a few legit jobs, tried to go back to school. ended up couch surfing for a while and finally moving to LA, where i've got at least a full time job and more stability than i've ever had in my life. basically i have the opposite issue where nobody has ever had real authority over me and i raised myself on the internet so i've been picking up the pieces of my own fragmented psyche and now i finally feel like a fully-grown person

You should read brainlett, you'll figure out the answers to your questions faster by reading books

That sounds like language

What game is he using to express this

Why'd you quit a sick job liking working illegally? Taxes are gay

Okay man

Thanks

If you need any help I'll be here for a bit but I need a smoke soon

Read brainlett

Attached: vbQP1r3.jpg (450x720, 69K)

Brainlett has already been suggested once, please do not suggest the same thing

drug business imposes a lifestyle onto you, i find the black market to be a more rigid enforcer of american capitalist mythology than licit enterprise. the structure of the industry is exploitative, as all industries are, and the only promised payoffs are freedom and the chance to become rich off your own entrepreneurship. being positioned against the law itself is a smokescreen, the black market is hypercapitalist, and even if you're okay with capitalism, as i generally am, the grotesque exaggeration of it in a space nominally devoted to a sort of enterprising insurgency is nauseating. i value the experience but the life isn't for me, i have desires other than money and the spectre of self-employment

True, having someone lord over you is alright

even if you're self-employed you're serving the market, it's fake freedom. if I wanted to make it in the business i'd need to devote myself to it, making connections, growing my own product, exposing myself to greater risk and ultimately it'd take up my entire life, i'd be twice the slave i am now. the legit lifestyle is impossible to appreciate until you've seen the alternative, the only reason to stay that way is if you're obsessed with the freedom it promises you, or if you have no meaningful choice. most of the people who stay in that life have the latter circumstance

Honestly the car insurance was the rough part was what I would say

i used to love cars, but i gave mine up a long time ago. they're no longer worth it unless you've got enough money to treat them as a big expensive hobby.

There are lots of logic textbooks
I recommend the classic "Introduction to logic" by Irving Copi