Any good literature on struggling with loneliness and making peace with solitude?

any good literature on struggling with loneliness and making peace with solitude?

Attached: 1507967861871.jpg (653x490, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theculturium.com/michel-de-montaigne-on-solitude/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stoner by John E. Williams

The Bible

we aren't meant to be alone

you could have fooled me

people above are giving you meme suggestions because they don't read, but I suggest you try Victory by Joseph Conrad. Loneliness is not the main theme in the book but it is a major theme and it helped me see it in another light.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

theculturium.com/michel-de-montaigne-on-solitude/

Tao te Ching

The devout Father John Tauler[45] relates this personal experience: For years he had prayed God to send him someone who would teach him the real spiritual life. One day, at prayer, he heard a voice saying: “Go to such and such a church and you will have the answer to your prayers.”

He went and at the door of the church he found a beggar, barefooted and in rags. He greeted the mendicant saying: “Good day, my friend.”

“Thank you, sir, for your kind wishes, but I do not recall ever having had a ‘bad’ day.”

“Then God has certainly given you a very happy life.”

“That is very true, sir. I have never been unhappy. In saying this I am not making any rash statement either. This is the reason: When I have nothing to eat, I give thanks to God; when it rains or snows, I bless God’s providence; when someone insults me, drives me away, or otherwise mistreats me, I give glory to God. I said I’ve never had an unhappy day, and it’s the truth, because I am accustomed to will unreservedly what God wills. Whatever happens to me, sweet or bitter, I gladly receive from his hands as what is best for me. Hence my unvarying happiness.”

“Where did you find God?”

“I found him where I left creatures.”

“Who are you anyway?”

“I am a king.”

“And where is your kingdom?”

“In my soul, where everything is in good order; where the passions obey reason, and reason obeys God.”

“How have you come to such a state of perfection?”

“By silence. I practice silence towards men, while I cultivate the habit of speaking with God. Conversing with God is the way I found and maintain my peace of soul.”

this but unironically

Attached: 1553597124640.jpg (157x117, 3K)

some people are meant to be alone it seems like

Attached: sfsfds.jpg (183x276, 8K)

You’ve got it confused OP, there is no making peace, there is only passion, strife, desperation, and death

Read Stephen Florida

Loneliness isn't meant to be enjoyable.
>Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
>Genesis 2:18

Then god made women and fucked everything up, the end

I am also wondering op

God when will the Christian larpers leave? It was funny at first but now it’s just annoying, irrelevant and unhelpful,

was he really suggesting that ironically?

Yes

You’ve come to the right place, user.

100% the best book out there, is The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa.

Dude lived almost his entire life alone, and some of the realizations are incredibly pertinent.

The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa

Based and breadpilled. What therefore God hath joined, let not man put asunder.

Thanks

its gonna get even worse if the mohammedan Larps will try to keep at it.

This may be achieving meme status but I'll always defend it.

Attached: 1531893740646.jpg (758x565, 95K)

Notes from the underground

I miss her still. Books for this feel.