Just getting into reading and building up my library

>just getting into reading and building up my library
>own only a bunch of sf/f like Frank Herbert, Le Guin and Tolkien
>people make fun of me and call me a pleb and tell me to expand my tastes
>add a bunch of contemporary critical favorites like Elena Ferrante, Don DeLillo and Karl Ove Knausgard
>people make fun of me for being a critic drone and tell me to get into the classics
>add a bunch of intro classics like The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird and Slaughterhouse 5
>people make fun of me for reading high school reddit shit and tell me to read something harder
>add a bunch of revered classics like Homer, Tolstoy and Shakespeare
>people make fun of me for looking like I'm just following a western canon list I found online and tell me to get my own tastes
>add a bunch of idiosyncratic cult favorites like Gaddis, Mishima and Pynchon
>people make fun of me for being a try-hard pseud who's falling for meme authors
>add a bunch of genuinely obscure authors who are idiosyncratic, difficult, have the appropriate amount of acclaim, and are not too "memey"
>people make fun of me for owning a gazillion books I'll never get to completely read in my lifetime and tell me to kill myself

What the fuck is the point of reading if no one will be happy with my library?

Attached: 1478618471011.jpg (248x203, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

juanasensio.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As long as you're happy with your library, what's the problem?

cucked and cuckpilled

>fiction
Off yourself

Examples of genuinely obscure authors?

>What the fuck is the point of reading if no one will be happy with my library
There's the problem, you should read for yourself, not to make others happy

>people

Are you confusing online anons with IRL people? Read what the fuck you want and stop worrying.

Thomas Ligotti

>caring what people think about you
That is the problem. If you just read good literature because it is expected of you and not because you like it is wrong

me

Hey fuck you, I'm a person.

Attached: jason.jpg (778x122, 23K)

Most are obscure by this board's standards because we only ever talk about a handful of meme authors.

Do you actually enjoy any of the books you've read? Are there books that you've found yourself wanting to read? "Getting into reading" is something that most people that enjoy reading do in elementary school.

Based Jason

Cassandra Clare

Look like Yea Forums tricked you into gathering a nice library for yourself. ou should be grateful, you're one of the rare blessed individuals in this world who got a net positive out of going on Yea Forums.

No shut down the computer and back2read faggot.

Also what care to name those
>add a bunch of genuinely obscure authors who are idiosyncratic, difficult, have the appropriate amount of acclaim, and are not too "memey"

?

Heller said it best
Dont worry user, just skim through the bullshit and read what yoy enjoy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-231315_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 217K)

Time to get rid of the shelf and study languages instead. Mary Kondo says the only books you ever need to read are Don Qüijoté; Die Leiden des jungen Werthers; Julie, ou la nouvelle Héloïse; and The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman and you better fucking read each one in the first edition since she's going easy on you and not making you read Zetelstraum like she does the nip disciples.

they aren't super obscure, but Yea Forums don't talk much about
>W. G. Sebald
>László Krasznahorkai
>Djuna Barnes
>Clarice Lispector
>John Cowper Powys

Attached: 2292331441317d7492a9c3a19bcef9f9.jpg (630x603, 32K)

Sounds like you don't even like reading.

Don't read just so you can impress other people you loser

>people make fun of me for owning a gazillion books I'll never get to completely read in my lifetime and tell me to kill myself

This part is made up. Sounds fabricated, out of place, not like something anyone would say. Admit it, faggot.

Nice ones actually. Lispector used to be q wet dream of Yea Forums back in the dead, people would spam pics of her. Sebald is mentioned but that not much, likewise for Krashnazorkai. Barnes only has been named here a couple times afaik. Never heard of Powys.

You sound like you would like this blog:

juanasensio.com/

assuming you can read French.

pynchon
david foster wallace

>assuming you can read French.

I can't read french

Attached: 1484160155398.jpg (645x968, 47K)