Any Vollmann fans here? Is the abridged edition of Rising Up and Rising Down worth it?

Any Vollmann fans here? Is the abridged edition of Rising Up and Rising Down worth it?

Attached: 41ZdKJ3cPRL.jpg (333x500, 21K)

I have some Vollmann books in my collection but I've never gotten the chance to read him. What is it 'like' to read his books? I have Europe Central, Last Stories and Other Stories (I think it's called) and The Dying Grass. I'm thinking of reading The Dying Grass because it seems the most adhd-friendly/easy for me to read due to it's formatting.

I only have The Rainbow Stories by him. Good place to start or should I get something more accessible like Europe Central?

Oh yeah I also have a digital copy of Whores for Gloria

you just randomly have 3 vollmann books but you've read none?

>Any Vollmann fans here?
no, he's a fucking faggot

I collect books by various authors but I haven't read each author I have books for.

Rainbow Stories is the best place to start. that or whores for gloria.

>The Dying Grass
That book is excellent, I can see Dying Grass and Fathers and Crows growing a cult following if it finds a bigger audience. People who love Mason & Dixon, surrealism, magic realism, postmodern techniques, myth and legend, and metafiction should for sure give them a try.

Attached: 91xs2-t+qOL.jpg (1650x2531, 823K)

there is only one question: is he a good stylist

"surrealism magic realism post modern metafiction" smells like doggie doodoo to me. can he write an ENGLISH SENTENCE

When you speak like that it makes it seem you think there’s a specific form of English sentence that’s the right form of English sentence to speak. That doesn’t make much sense though, does it?

yes, there is. English soaked in Shakespeare, Milton, Spenser, Keats, Dickens, Poe, Wilde, etcetera = good. everything else = bad, shit, waste of time.

Not him but that etcetera and that everything else might as well could be the same lol

I only read books by attractive authors.

Attached: rowling.jpg (787x1108, 91K)

You're not going to fuck them.

oh fuck off with your "could be" the line of my taste is obvious from the main examples listed

I can’t imagine people find you very charming if you want sentences simply soaking in those old men’s ink and spit.

I have a signed copy of the Royal Family

it's not really that clear... do you, for example, like faulkner? lovecraft? melville? woolf? poe is nothing like shakespeare and milton is not like wilde.

what a lovely image. your equivocation earlier aroused my suspicions but this removes all doubt.

>poe is nothing like shakespeare and milton is not like wilde.
you're blowing my mind. I read Dorian Gray after Paradise Lost and said to myself, "these could have been written by the same guy"

sigh. once again i am under attack by the philistine horde

>I read Dorian Gray after Paradise Lost and said to myself, "these could have been written by the same guy"
no, you did not say that. stop memeing.

How do you know?

>stop memeing
now THAT I will not do

They told me they just saw you as a friend :/

REEEEEEE

Not a fan. I have a few of his books but they're fucking dreadful tbhwydesu. I'm not so fucking fortunate and privileged to be impressed by Vollman's slumming stories.

Attached: wojakeotw2.png (394x360, 144K)