Grammar thread

Grammar thread.
A general thread for any grammatical questions you might have.

I've always been embarrassed by what my school never taught me about grammar, and a question I have is how do you write sentences where multiple people are doing the same thing but not together:
>Each woman grabbed a marble from the bag without looking, then concealed it from the onlookers by holding it to their chests.
Is this correct? I want it to mean that all of the women are individually hiding their own marble. But it seems to mean that all of the women are hiding a single marble together

Attached: be patient with me.gif (342x342, 404K)

A woman each grabbed a marble, one per woman, from the bag and hid the single, bag-obtained marble into their boobage.

>But it seems to mean that all of the women are hiding a single marble together
No, it doesn't seem that way. The "each woman grabbed" at the beginning paints a different picture, the thing you want to say.

Each woman grabbed a single marble into their well-endowed, marble-hiding breasts.

it's just the "by holding it to their chests" that feels wrong to me. I know that any language will have its ambiguities and context has to make the gap, but is there no better way to say that?

Each marble held a woman to their breasts.

Their breasts held each woman to a marble... a marble, that is.

what if you say "by holding it to their chest" instead? I mean, how meany chests does a woman have?

Each woman held a breast to their marble.

“Breast time,” said the marble.

Each marble held a woman to its breast.

Each breast nested a sleeping marble.

These responses are fantastic

Stop samefagging, retard. There's only 3 posters here. OP, you, and me.

Should I be concerned about using the slang word 'cum' over 'come'?

>A(singular) woman each(odd placement of plurality) grabbed(odd placement of action) a marble(subject item), one per woman(repetition), from the bag(late mention of a secondary subject/item) and hid(secondary odd placement of action) the single(third back and forth on plurality/singulatiy), bag-obtained marble(repition of subject/items) into their boobage(odd word choice).

Suggestion: Each woman took a single marble from the bag and concealed it amongst their breasts.

The original sentence is trying to convey many points in a non-concise way. Making it difficult to read.

Each marble could not recognize that it was breast-hidden. But we may.

THE CONFUSION DERIVES FROM YOUR CONFLATION OF INDIVIDUAL PERSPECTIVE WITH COLLECTIVE PERSPECTIVE:

>«Each woman... their chests.»

CHANGE THE SENTENCE TO READ:

>«Each woman grabbed a marble from the bag without looking, then concealed it from the onlookers by holding it to her chest.»

OR:

>«Each of the women grabbed a marble from the bag without looking, then concealed it from the onlookers by holding it to their chests.»

OR:

>«The women grabbed one marble each, from the bag without looking, then concealed it from the onlookers by holding it to their chests.»

cum is fine, but "come" allows you to make jokes, puns, and suspenseful sexual scenes where your audience doesn't know which definition you mean until its all but obvious.

You just made me realize why I hate 'come' when used in serious scenes. It pulls me out of the narrative with the expectation of a joke. I'll keep this in mind. Thank you.

this thread is cute and cool

When I write about visiting places I switch between past and present tense. When I talk about my own experience I use the past tense, but when I describe the place itself I use present tense (because the place is still there).

I'm just gonna make an example up on the fly. "I was overwhelmed >when< I visited Florence, everything there >is< so beautiful"

Is this incorrect? Because even if it is, I still like this stylistically.

bump

>not bumping with content on a slow board

Years later, as she faced the firing squad, each woman was to remember that distant afternoon when the onlookers tried to discover their titty marbles.

Based

grammer is a prison and school is a concentration camp. Burn it all down.

Attached: 1549529583678.gif (499x265, 426K)

There were multiple women. They each took a marble from the bag. They each hid their respective marble in their respective bosom. They did this to hide the marbles they had taken from onlookers.

You're all fucking retarded. "Each," in this particular case, is being used with a singular noun ("each woman"). Therefore, the pronoun later in the sentence should also be singular. It should read as follows:
>Each woman grabbed a marble from the bag without looking, then concealed it from the onlookers by holding it to her chest.
Note the change from "their" to "her." This resolves OP's ambiguity issue by implying that each woman has her own marble. You're welcome.

This
Was so beautiful. It's linked to the time when you were there. Alternately, "I am overwhelmed when I visit Florence; everything there is so beautiful" as that would give you the required familiarity from multiple trips to not be describing a singular past episode. You also need a full stop or semicolon because "everything there… " is a new sentence, not a new clause.
Calm down Nietzsche

Why is it assumed that Sanskrit has the most perfect grammar?

Pajeet nationalism.

>Pajeet
But it's what Europeans are saying.

HOW DOES HE DO IT BROS?

i don't know anything about animu, but i can't stop watching op's gif