Define "Soul" then prove his existence with an argument that does not resort to esotericism buzzwords

Define "Soul" then prove his existence with an argument that does not resort to esotericism buzzwords.

Attached: file.png (1041x1018, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalgeographic.com/science/phenomena/2013/02/25/neurons-could-outlive-the-bodies-that-contain-them/
youtube.com/watch?v=i9gzhDst918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Awareness. Done

No.

Failed at both. 0/2

>prove his existence with an argument that does not resort to esotericism buzzwords.
Every couple of years, every single cell of your body dies and is replaced. You are literally physically a totally different person now than you were ten years ago. And still you retain your memories, personality, etc., and you grow and develop, change, improve. This means that there is something else that is going on beyond mere biology.

You're not aware? Interesting

power level. no i don't need to explain it to some power level-1 scrub.

Soul is a popular music genre that originated in the African American community in the United States in the 1950s and early 1960s. It combines elements of African-American gospel music, rhythm and blues and jazz. Soul became popular for dancing and listening in the United States, where record labels such as Motown, Atlantic and Stax were influential during the Civil Rights Movement. Soul also became popular around the world, directly influencing rock music and the music of Africa.

>prove
if you don't unburden yourself from looking for "proof" of everything, you're going to have a hard time getting past any superficial philosophical arguments.

So insects have souls then?

>And still you retain your memories
That’s because not all cells are replaced

The part of your essential self that is anagogically connected to the ineffable intellectual realms. As the material descends, the soul stretches.

Attached: demigod tier.jpg (736x1131, 157K)

Yes, you also have a soul, you little insect.

Are they aware? But probably yes

brachilogy is a bad strategy used by philosophical brainlets to put forward commonsense opinion reformulated with an air of wisom. That's why Sparta never produced any relevant philosophers.
Now provide arguments and definitions of your terms or get the fuck out. OP is a faggot but you are a massively bigger one for (1) answering the question with a pretentious non explanatory tone (2) replying "you're not aware" as if you or OP had any idea what awareness is while at the same time not willing to define a term you introduced yourself in any way.
Go read a book.

Proof? Eternal cells?

1/2
Neurons don't get remplaced like other body cells since they cannot divide. when a neuron dies he becomes glia.
not all neuron dies though and new one are made

0/2
1/2, prove it's existence

0/2

Awareness is propositional. I win, you lose.

nationalgeographic.com/science/phenomena/2013/02/25/neurons-could-outlive-the-bodies-that-contain-them/

Think of it more like body, soul, and "spirit," spirit being the contested part that you call "Soul.'
A soul is actually more like an on button for the hard problem of consciousness. Now, it isn't in itself the answer to what makes something conscious of stimuli, but it's the coordinated or "enmeshed" set of stimuli that produces what one could (arguably) call a consciousness. It's just "the mind" or whatever dualist term you want to use, not some mystic, esoteric thing.

A neurological circuit of loosely defined self-reference. Usually comes into an evolutionary chain shortly after some sensory processing apparatus has need to reference and categorize the "not-self" and the implication of a Cartesian theater is born.

its*
Here's a fairly well-documented video documentary on the subject.
youtube.com/watch?v=i9gzhDst918

2/2
Then I am talking about "spirit"
2/2

Awareness is proven through circular reasoning. I know it's shit reasoning but you guys use the same argument to disprove existence of the world without God.

Yeah I have an extremely skeptical perspective on the concept too, I rest my case with Hegel and the post-Kantians, for the most part, they're one of the few groups where I can reliably say "okay there's some solid ground there."

The soul, or the self, is simply a bundle of ever-changing properties. A self-conscious Nothing. Caring about your future self is tantamount to caring about a different person. The empathy we have for our future selves is only so strong because we have memory of a past self. It is nothing more than fallacious inductive reasoning. The exam you are studying for is not done for you, but for a future self that is foreign to you. True egoism is achieved when we abandon all commitment to our future selves and truly live in the moment.

Attached: 2131251.jpg (1000x718, 121K)

>inb4 "self" is a buzzword.
It does not matter what the self is as long as the circuit is referencing something. The implication of self creates the soul. However it is still subject to the laws of thermodynamics and is not above material causation.

2/2 I like it

Attached: 1543830851467.jpg (570x500, 36K)

And then, you look at some people with Alzheimer and you understand that indeed, it was all biological as the identity of the person is fading away step by step as the pathology is destroying neurons. Did you met some people like that ? A man become a mere shell. Where's your soul ?

>esotericism
>buzzwords
Yikes

0/2

The irony of countering a Self-referential argument with perception of an other's manifestation of his Self is lost on you?

Tesla already figured this out. Your brain is the sort of middle man between the immaterial (soul) and the physical, and translates the consciousness of your soul into the tangible world.

Lots of dualists in here. Your soul is not your mind. The Latin for soul is anima, it is the essence of your being as a living (animate) thing.
If you want proof that you are (not have) a soul, we would need to have a discussion about epistemology, and what you think it means to know something.