I've never met anyone who seemed like they had their shit together

I've never met anyone who seemed like they had their shit together.

Even people who seem to have everything, they're clearly just barely holding things together. Everyone on here talks about bettering themselves and all these philsophical doctrines but I find it hard to believe anyone lives by this shit. I find it hard to give a fuck when everyone around me looks ready to go postal after one bad day.

Attached: 296d152a309159e8c1bcf92ec91200f2085dbc4cr5-600-931_00.jpg (600x931, 56K)

Things we read here are just to have moral highground and win debates
nobody actually put those things in practice

yeah i'm ready to go berserk for sure.

well, you can't put anything into practice on the exact moment you read it. Change takes time, it demands deliberation on every action you make, everyday. It's hard work... no one is going to read Spinoza and instantly become an entirely moderate person, you need to adapt small things in your life to the doctrine you read

Well yeah but I mean out of all the people I've ever met, none of them stood out to me as particularly special. If a small subset of people dedicated their lives to achieving higher existence, surely you'd notice it?

You never see a stoic, everyone's either a bully or a coward.

Attached: 1536018303600.png (1280x720, 470K)

can you describe what someone that accually had their shit togtether looks like?

Attached: 083c769986f1a8aa69c258595b60e348.jpg (467x600, 43K)

People aren't pardoned from obstacles after they've achieved their successes

How would you tell the difference between a stoic and a coward?

Their demeanor, their temperament, they'd almost radiate this aura of being content and at peace. Not to say they'd never stumble, but in general they'd stand out in a crowd as a person of higher achievement who didn't worry about what people thought of them or where they were headed in life or didn't fall prey to vice's like overeating, addicted to their phone, alcoholism.

They don't have to have done anything special in life, they just have to look and act like they're not in constant mental turmoil.

>what someone that accually had their shit togtether looks like?
i'll tell you what: NOT being an anime poster

Well say you punch some guy on the street in the face and they fall down and you started backing off.

The stoic would stand up, dust themselves off and go about their day. The coward would be visibly emotional but powerless to act on it. However, if you advanced on the stoic and continued to hit him, he'd act in defense and beat you into submission and THEN leave. If you punch a stoic co-worker in the face, then he's likely to give you one back because it's a different environment and there's other factors at play. The office would lose respect for the stoic and that would invite further unwanted verbal, mental and/or physical abuse if he didn't stand up for himself.

It’s not about having your shit together it’s about having the right idea those who have the right idea can handle their shit those who can’t are coping for life

Your actions in life are all that matter, no one cares about your thoughts or intentions.

>Well yeah but I mean out of all the people I've ever met, none of them stood out to me as particularly special
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

>divorcing actions from thoughts and intentions

Youre a fucking retard

Attached: 6B04DF2E-5A31-4359-8851-8395CA858EB0.jpg (566x480, 54K)

If you don't act on your thoughts and intentions, then they're worthless. Someone who's life is in shambles isn't acting on their thoughts or intentions or is too ignorant to even have any.

Older people who've accepted their lot in life. They're invisible to you for this exact reason. If you speak to them you'll find that they have a lot of knowledge to share. More than any philosophy book.

This

What's the best place to meet old people to talk to?

Pic related is you

Attached: DE86D57D-1452-4CE5-ABBF-5BE32E225680.jpg (923x713, 111K)

what sort of fucking question is this

Well?

at your job dude

>Older people who've accepted their lot in life. They're invisible to you for this exact reason. If you speak to them you'll find that they have a lot of knowledge to share. More than any philosophy book.

OH PLEASE. You don’t know what the fuck your talking about. Nobody whose got the right idea has “accepted their lot in life”. That’s by definition coping.

LMAO

Lol if you want to say it that way anything is coping.

No. Having the right idea, handling your shit, making contact with what’s real, no matter the consequences, showing up everyday giving it your all and not giving a fuck about what anyone else thinks like described, its not coping. It’s conquering. Get a clue dumbass you're dying, this is it

user kun thats is very true

Attached: 9596d8b949a8d07a0c9fbd70520264a4.jpg (564x564, 39K)

You type like a fat highschooler. How old are you?

What you're describing are things that every normal adult handles on a daily basis.

OP is describing spiritual enlightenment.

You’re a failure as a human being. And no amount of otherworldliness is gonna save your dumbass

sounds wierd that you expect some sort of aura, i would assume more something in line with kierkegards knight of faith, someone that has his shit sorted but looks like an average joe, not noticable from just looking at them

Attached: eb21bf6a09f53b5269c9e0aebfa69d34.jpg (450x445, 35K)

Nice projection

Thanks

>muh spiritual enlightenment

Attached: 561DB84E-ADCA-4C4D-A677-9CB8AFED582E.jpg (912x905, 106K)

>sounds wierd that you expect some sort of aura
Not that weird.

You can sense when someone is nervous, annoyed or angry even if you don't say anything to them. Why wouldn't you be able to sense they're at peace?