Essential Yea Forums on design philosophy/aesthetics, Luxury items in particular - not looking for something specific i...

Essential Yea Forums on design philosophy/aesthetics, Luxury items in particular - not looking for something specific i.e. watches but more of a general approach

Attached: lx.jpg (852x1136, 108K)

Love that watch - not digging the strap though

Watches are not Yea Forums

Maybe not, but why not see where this goes

The most expensive watch is the best watch

>reading comprehension
think you are the one on the wrong board

That would be the Graff Diamonds Hallucination and nah it looks like shit

Attached: 55m.jpg (1000x1078, 539K)

Ok

What makes that watch the most expensive?

I didn't say it didn't belong on Yea Forums, imbecile. I said they are not Yea Forums. In this capacity, it means they are bulky unaesthetic intrusions on the wrist.

maniere de penser l'urbanisme - le corbusier

based, watchfags btfo

If you chewed on it, your teeth would get scratched up.

The embedded jewelry and pathetic bourgeoisie aesthetics its $55 mil btw. If you wanna see something without jewels this Patek is worth $11 mil

Attached: pp.jpg (1000x1078, 354K)

Probably just sentimental value from the look of it.

Ok, just put jewels aside. The most expensive watch is not the best watch.

Read Autopoesis of Architecture and apply that to watches

>2019
>not recognizing watches as a symbol of distinguished taste and status

Thanks for the rec, once again I'm not talking about watch design - merely the philosophy behind the design of what we deem to be luxurious

some cheap seiko shitter is the most Yea Forums you could get, or cccp era komandisrskies/amphibias

Ok.

Well you don't seem to think that the maximal amount of money applied to an object makes it the most luxurious

So do you think it has to do with brand recognition? That wont go very far

Oh, should have been more clear: the money that goes into making the watch also counts

Well for example Grand Seiko is a luxury brand because of the meticulous detailing of it's watches or Louis Vuitton's understated designs combined with the finest materials create the "classiness" the brand is known for. Basically I'm looking to get a better understanding of design philosophy and what attracts the human eye and desire like f.e a diamond necklace does.

Attached: lxx.jpg (1400x925, 215K)

It’s easy to see this is destined to be a great thread. Happy to be a part of it

Attached: 6E0FCF8B-8720-4A6A-96BD-E8104A71C9AA.jpg (1920x1920, 373K)

Well, with watches, if you want to know what attracts the human eye, it helps to know how much that eye knows about the watch it's looking at

Hardly so. Do you need to know what a diamond is to find it captivating and alluring or what a Ferrari is to find it impressive? Does this piece not catch your eye innately?

Attached: gs.jpg (640x799, 101K)

Attached: watch-Amphibia-DESERT-SHIELD-2090-10.jpg (1400x932, 233K)

It looks like a watch.

You can say the narrative behind the watch is what makes it good, or desirable.

I wouldn't try to suggest the functionality of the watch is what makes it good, though.

Personally I just see that the watch is clearly not made of plastic and figure it must be of a high value

that's the point with stealth wealth
flashy and gaudy shit is for plebs

I don't think the point of stealth wealth is to leave people in an uncertain state of knowledge about watch

Thanks for your time

If I happened upon this watch on the ground, I'd assume it's a cheapo $50 one from Sears. It's nothing without society to arbitrarily value these watches as megadollars big, because the form is about as proportional to watches' obsolete function today.

Then you have no eye for aesthetic my friend. Do you not see the minute painstaking detailing just on the dial of the watch? Not to mention the brilliant but simple design or the Zaratsu polishing technique used on the bracelet which reflects light perfectly at every angle. Either you have never seen an expensive watch or you have never seen a cheap one. And it's value comes from the labour put into creating it - this piece is actually under priced.
And no as long as phone batteries don't have a 20 year lifespan and the durability to survive underwater and in extreme environments watches will never be obsolete - not to mention the practicality and smoothness when glancing at ones wrist compared to taking out a phone.

Vostok Amphibia
Shit automatic but for it's Kalashnikov price it's great

>spring drive
paying premium for a quartz

Is this from American Psycho?

Kinda gay. Face and numbers are too big, the wheel in the case looks doofy. Band is somewhat better, but gets less points because it's got a logo.

More expensive is more pretentious, because honestly, it's a watch. The least interesting accessory. I gOt A roLEx~ But if you're going to shell out, then you need a proper one, simple, yet elegant. Or possibly something a little more extravagant, with the delicate machinery visible, or other type artistic detail (I prefer astronomy watches), but it needs, at the very least a secondary face. Leather band. You know, the good shit.

the proper aesthetic for any intellectual is refined and well loved. Things you like to wear because they're comfy- but they're well made.
Leather jackets from yard sales, that kind of thing. A true intellectual doesn't have to prove it.

For example, when I buy shoes, I ask myself, would a cool pirate wear this? If no, then I don't buy them. That's probably why I'm not an intellectual.

Attached: 1535505135323.jpg (1100x829, 111K)

Take this commodity fetishism back to /g/

based
/thread

Can yall niggers not read? The OP specifically said hes not talking about watches

Gmtdcv

>not talking about watches
>posts pic of faggy watch
the state of perception comprehension on Yea Forums
>be op
>not being a fag
pick one

you tried

i love u

Very based, glad to see not all of Yea Forums are closet Hegelian Christcuck faggots going on about "the spirit" or whateve

>I no like read
>I look at da pictur
>OP sey he nat talk bout wahtc??
>bat pictur is wahtc!

Attached: DhTT7xXUwAAofId.jpg (645x729, 34K)