The mouse utopia experiment

>the mouse utopia experiment

Attached: 1547826252528.jpg (500x500, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
youtube.com/watch?v=BiDEM3mUdxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is a hamster, retard

It's either that or a dystopia. A real damned if you do, damned if you don't situation

Genuinely, I felt a feeling of sickness and dread unlike any other when I was walking around Manhattan. While I certainly grew up privileged, due to my parents working their asses off, I'm no stranger to bad neighborhoods. I felt more at ease in a Philly ghetto or a trailer park than I did in a relatively safer metropolis, and I can't for the life of me figure. Maybe it is the sheer amount of people packed into one place, tangentially related. /blogpost

Don't Call It Hell This Is The Eden We Chose

Attached: gdxze8g1pmm11.png (650x773, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

Attached: rat nigga.png (595x478, 39K)

>p-people are NOT M-M-MICE!

Attached: 1549748158990.jpg (300x168, 15K)

The Rat Park experiment is a little more uplifting.

>make everyone neets
>surprise! everything goes to shit

>the Soviet abiogenesis experiment

Attached: 1558361009493s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>tfw beatiful one

Attached: f25bb4864bedffff0ef35b0cb3a5e312f8d0f3a23ec0940ce43d4f8403d00e9e.jpg (1080x720, 299K)

>tfw beautiful one

Attached: serveimage.jpg (273x184, 6K)

>tfw butiful one

Attached: 60284586_10214030568377917_5944946448104685568_n.jpg (720x709, 63K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BiDEM3mUdxk

You were warned.

Attached: Revy.600.1740503.jpg (425x600, 90K)

A combination of both makes the most sense. The sudden demographic explosion and transition between traditions into a completely alien lifestyle to which we aren't used to. Bearing the life in cages via coping mechanisms while having a ''balanced life''.

This has to be the cringiest, most pseudo scientific meme here. Any non pseud will instantly identify that we are aware animals are much more intelligent now than we were 50 years ago. The mice had no entertainment or recreational opportunity, inbreeding was rampant, the mice likely knew there was not enough space to sustain a population and eat each other or refused to breed as a result. Than isn’t even getting into how much the human situation differs. The whole thing is an excuse for genuine incels just to say “tfw beautiful one :3” and pretend like they aren’t total fucking losers of their own volition

Wasn't it a sham and the guy who made it intetionally tried to influence its outcome?

NOOOO IM AN EPIC BEAUTIFUL ONE SHUT UP MY LACK OF SEX IS A CHOICE

you made me google this but it's just an /x/ meme like the golf thing or whatever, fuk (You)

the rat experiment is bullshit but if you honestly think you could hack it in the life of an incel, i.e. if you were born in the same circumstances, that you wouldn't also turn out to be a loser... well I'm not convinced. I'm not going to bother saying check ur priv, but the spirit is there, this issue is more complex and when it's all said and done I think we will find "hard work will set you free" was too reductive. actually many find it thus today, but I guess you don't

Youre probably wrong but I like your optimism.

Attached: 8A2E0863-4DC5-43DB-9FDE-011C3E79B465.jpg (640x632, 92K)

>the rat experiment is bullshit
It's not. It explains how people get addicted to drugs. People who lead happy lives don't get addicted because they see the downsides of drugs as outweighing the good, while people who already have shitty lives think that the temporary dopamine rush is worth the chronic symptoms of addiction, so they consume more and more until they cannot quit without withdrawal symptoms.

>somehow gets vices out of conditions consisting only of food and shelter
holy asspull

>waaah it’s so hard being a loser
I am a loser, and no it isn’t

w u playing?

le epic reddit tirade with shit grammar and unexamined boomer worldview

why did the rats become gay

He did two experiments, one he influenced the second he didn't and they had basically the same outcome

>m-muh grammar!
you are the redditor

t. beautiful one

What did the mice die of?

This hasent happened in human history tho despite the fact that cities are an old thing.

The mouse utopia experiment has a compelling narrative but that's the only reason for its popularity. It's not that rodent studies equivocally can't be applied to humans, but that lone un-replicated studies with many elements unaccounted for (no control group, for one) with are not really worth making a fuss over. I enjoy pessimistic portends of humanity's future, but the mouse utopia experiment is for Yea Forums browsers and TIL redditors who take What tнē #$*! D̄ө ωΣ (k)πow!?'s double slit experiment clip at face value. Not to say the effect of population density on human behaviour isn't worth studying or that Calhoun's hypotheses are "discredited". It is worth noting however that in developed countries depopulation rather than overpopulation is going to be the foremost problem of the future.

even if taken at face value its not like you can compare the conditions they were in, breeding practices, formulation of social hierarchies and structures, "nesting" instincts etc with humans on a 1:1 basis (like people seem to be doing). This experiment however is an interesting look at rodents and it would be good to see it be done with different species.

Another problem is that it resulted in a lot of in-breeding, which could be another element in the behavioural changes.

where are you from? just curious cause im from the philly ghetto

Because women were kept in their place and breeding. You're going to see a 250% increase in female suicide stemming from the lack of kids and a family. God help us.

What if the mouse utopia was bullshit just like the Stanford prison thing was admitted to be bullshit?

humans have a longer lifespan
also people are en masse starting not having kids due to various reasons (careers, sexuality, politics) and we will see a decline in population in 100 years, especially among the Western world

Don't fucking talk about golf rumours online. You've been warned. Take caution in everything you do from this moment forward.

i heard the mouse "utopia" was actually disease-ridden, overheated and overcrowded

a broken heart...

It's an effective allegory even if not scientifically valid.

Zero entertainment or recreation for the mice either

>tfw feel when the beautiful one

Attached: comfy.jpg (246x250, 7K)

just like the modern man/women whore

Attached: asdd.jpg (768x485, 85K)

>we did this thing and mice went crazy
>cities I guess

A pretty nice suburb of northern NJ, but a pretty short hop and a skip away from some bad neighborhoods. I was very fortunate to uave parents that wanted me to go with them when they went traveling, so I saw a fair deal internationally. I was in school at a Philly university and just walked around a whole lot, due it being a tumultuous time for me emotionally. I moved back home after I flunked out though (wonder why).

This is why I don't think we should fear global warning. A mass extinction event is the only way to fix a society past the breaking point. Purging out the rats once they start maiming their young. And a force of nature is the only way to preserve a meaningful peace for the world afterward