Just been diagnosed with cancer and will probably die within a year. Any books to read on my way out...

Just been diagnosed with cancer and will probably die within a year. Any books to read on my way out? As a frequenter to this site, thanks for everything /lit

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 4.49.57 PM.png (492x776, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kS8hk0kL2sE&t=438s
youtube.com/watch?v=jTk7lP9ScVI
rd.com/culture/funniest-books-of-all-time/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4t29Fi7w2BA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_uA_W1wB5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the new testament

The Path to Nibbana by David Johnson

the Iliad especially the catalogue of ships

Godspeed, user. Fuck cancer and what it does to people. Some basic recs from me are:

>Dubliners
>Ivan Ilyich
>Chekhov's short stories (The Lady With the Dog especially)
>The Kingdom of God Is Within You
>The Brothers Karamazov

There's a good chance you've read a few of these already, but they're all very moving sometimes comforting.

jesus man. read the recognitions and moby dick and that's good enough, everything else sucks

Attached: Only Revolutions.jpg (220x383, 24K)

try Luke 23:39-43 and also Boethius

emily dickinson

This is like a list of books someone reads after spending a month on the chan..

the recognitions is an amateurish resentful ugly meme book that you don't even understand but are convinced of its worth by virtue of its supposed "erudition"

Speak, Memory. You can skip the parts about his ancestry if you want. Its just some of the most beautiful writing ive read. Also listen to great works of music
youtube.com/watch?v=kS8hk0kL2sE&t=438s
youtube.com/watch?v=jTk7lP9ScVI

The 120 Days of Sodom.

>great works of music
>links to fucking Prokofiev

Yeah, one of the better 20th century composers.

yo i'm reading this now it's really comfy

'no'
OP, if you really want good 20th century classical, go for Schnittke instead

following this thread for classical recs

I'm sorry user. what kind of cancer?

Miss Lonelyhearts

Mars

The only thing you really need to read is a person telling you they love you.

Can you become a suicide bomber instead and give a Globalist a big hug on the way out? Why die like a little bitch in a hospital and be forgotten immediately when you could go down in history as the cancer kid who kicked off WWIII. You have an opportunity to become legend. Sorry about your cancer user. I love you.

Attached: ultrabased_Yamaguchi_1960.jpg (1600x1329, 380K)

Anything Zen and stoicism related. They will help.

Both are great you pretentious pseud

literally this

Plato's Phaedo, Phaedrus and Symposium. I don't know if it counts but I send my prayers.

Catch 22 and slaughterhouse five. So it goes.

Essays and Aphorisms by Arthur Schopenhauer. I think it could be very useful for you user.

fpbp

Based.

Attached: 1500709695789.png (150x100, 16K)

im really sorry user, if it makes you feel better, we all are going to die soon, and no one can predict his lifespan, so please dont speak like this.You can and probably will outlive many of us. Read something that will uplift your mood something funny, to take your mind off things, stay away from sobre things. rd.com/culture/funniest-books-of-all-time/

Sorry mate. If I was in your shoes I'd probably just re-read all my favourites. Lord of the Rings would be one of them.

If you’re afraid of death take some psychedelics, LSD or shrooms. Completely removed the death anxiety that has plagued me for years.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4t29Fi7w2BA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_uA_W1wB5A

Don Quixote(read as a comedy), Moby Dick, Nabokov of course, Kafka if your humor is as black as mine, etc.

Jung, I have certain predilictions of Freud but i believe his progeny was more right in these regards, said to the patients of his who were on life's autumn to live on like usual, in one of the interviews he did.

this

Don Quixote

"How to Starve Cancer"

read the sticky and fuck off you cancer

Read nothing, just meditate and let your life pass by.

That's not the time to read, that is the time to write.

Attached: BM.jpg (732x1097, 161K)

they were the books I found most impactful in my late teens. i definitely felt much stronger/more vivid emotions, so they stand out in my memory as transcendent
also, basic != shallow

I love you, user.
Spend time with your friends and family, laugh, take walks, do something big, do everything.
I can't recommend you books, but with the risk of sounding like a degenerate, I'd suggest you try DMT and get prepared for the transition.

>fuck cancer
shout out to Boosie